Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NEW FM League thread

Edgeworth I think

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    any word on where the Grand Final will be this year?

I've spent 20 seconds googling it and can't find anything
    Youth grades at West Wallsend
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

South Cardiff v South Cardiff at South Cardiff, I've always wanted to say this" there will only be one winner in this game"

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    South Cardiff v South Cardiff at South Cardiff, I've always wanted to say this" there will only be one winner in this game"
    Let’s hope it’s the home team

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    So where to now for NL1 clubs??

No promotion, no relegation. Dead end league?
    Will youth players will look to leave to go to NPL clubs if good enough?
    Will better senior players be more likely to move on to NPL clubs if the opportunity is there?
    Will the clubs be satisfied with the substantial cost to be in the NL1 (I imagine far higher than ZPL)?
    Would SAP kids want to even bother with NL1 clubs?
    How can NNSW not accept an NPL2 when NSW can manage NPL3 with worse facilities than most clubs here have?

Why would they bother?
    Well what a ****ing joke Northern is, no change in the foreseeable future after a lot of effort a lot of clubs went to to ensure they were compliant and plans in place to be NPL ready. Northern must be the only association nationally that does not have promotiion and relegation between their top two leagues. With the exception of Northern Territory.

How gutless, how incompetent or indeed how corrupt are the Northern board to not actually allow this? One of the three or perhaps all three.

As there appears to be no transparency on the process, I can only imagine the questions flooding the minds of those at Southy, Cookers, Kahibah etc when they compare themselves to the likes of Valentine, Adamstown and Lakes. There willbe some very pi55ed off people out there.

Discuss..
    It appears the decision was based on this is too hard, we have vested interests in the status quo so **** it let's not do anything to make a change. How Croudace Bay Complex can be considered a better facility than any NL1 club is anyone's guess. How can a club that for the past three years had their first grade in the bottom three and only one of their other teams once make finals in those three years be considered to be a team good enough for NPL?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Well what a ****ing joke Northern is, no change in the foreseeable future after a lot of effort a lot of clubs went to to ensure they were compliant and plans in place to be NPL ready. Northern must be the only association nationally that does not have promotiion and relegation between their top two leagues. With the exception of Northern Territory.

How gutless, how incompetent or indeed how corrupt are the Northern board to not actually allow this? One of the three or perhaps all three.

It appears the decision was based on this is too hard, we have vested interests in the status quo so **** it let's not do anything to make a change. How Croudace Bay Complex can be considered a better facility than any NL1 club is anyone's guess. How can a club that for the past three years had their first grade in the bottom three and only one of their other teams once make finals in those three years be considered to be a team good enough for NPL?
    In my opinion, they should just have promotion and relegation into all division regardless of facilities, youth, coaching etc. If a club wants to rise through the ranks, they shouldn't be penalised for not meeting a criteria. A criteria that at the end of the day has yet to yield any real improvement on the quality of football in the area. If you take magic as one of the premier clubs, this was not done over night, it takes time. Clubs will rise, clubs will fall, if your not performing on the pitch, that's all that should matter. I would love to see a club like Cooks Hill come back up into the top division, then in time they can continue to develop/improve as a club. Anyway i think we over complicate things sometimes. And i don't see any positive changes coming.

Banned
    Dont nnsw now have to re-assess each year about promotion, relegation and criteria. Doesnt mean nnsw will do anything but at least the 3 year wait garbage is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Dont nnsw now have to re-assess each year about promotion, relegation and criteria. Doesnt mean nnsw will do anything but at least the 3 year wait garbage is over.
    True. It will be interesting to see the effect of rejection has on Cookers and South Cardiff particularly. Already hearing rumours of departures from both clubs.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

There’s plenty of people who have walked, not just players but good people who worked for three years only to be let down, with no vision in site why bother

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Well the 3 year garbage has now gone to four years. We will see if Northern actually do anything

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    There’s plenty of people who have walked, not just players but good people who worked for three years only to be let down, with no vision in site why bother
    Yep players, coaches and committee members have walked, looking to walk or still deciding. It's a great shame to these clubs that put work in to build up the club and the teams are now going to lose good members because they now know they have no chance of getting in NPL. Law has already left Cooks Hill, number of players in the top four sides are looking to go to NPL some have already signed contracts with NPL clubs. Northern have no direction or idea and in the process killed off part of their league

Where has Law moved to?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Where has Law moved to?
    I understand Olympic 23s but if that is false he has told the Cooks Hill he is leaving regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Beppe View Post
    In my opinion, they should just have promotion and relegation into all division regardless of facilities, youth, coaching etc. If a club wants to rise through the ranks, they shouldn't be penalised for not meeting a criteria. A criteria that at the end of the day has yet to yield any real improvement on the quality of football in the area. If you take magic as one of the premier clubs, this was not done over night, it takes time. Clubs will rise, clubs will fall, if your not performing on the pitch, that's all that should matter. I would love to see a club like Cooks Hill come back up into the top division, then in time they can continue to develop/improve as a club. Anyway i think we over complicate things sometimes. And i don't see any positive changes coming.
    Well yeah indeed and if a club isn't good enough they get relegated again. So much for requiring criteria as well, Valentine don't come anywhere near it yet Northern turn a blind eye to them. Just put in relegation and promotion the clubs that consistently do well will be able to upgrade and want to upgrade as they go along. Some of the criteria is ridiculous too that appears to have been almost designed to ensure no NewFM club can meet it without a couple hundred thousand to spend on demolishing and rebuilding their clubhouses and other facilities.

I can see why criteria is important in some respects. You want your regions best playing on good surfaces and facilities in place to develop youth.
    The idea of postponing the promotion/relegation was in theory to allow clubs to focus on developing their youth, facilities and other aspects of the club instead of spending money on players to try and gain promotion.

All well and good, but now we have had 4 years with no movement. Another year with no plan. And no future.
    It’s a kick in the teeth to clubs aspiring to become NPL clubs.
    It’s a kick in the teeth to the region as we have a few clubs in NPL that have been cellar dwellers for years and are making up numbers and minimal progress.

In saying that, the top 6 in NPL is the closest it has been for as long as I can remember. As for the rest....

Just be transparent FFs and tell clubs what they need to do or if it’s a dead end.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I can see why criteria is important in some respects. You want your regions best playing on good surfaces and facilities in place to develop youth.
    The idea of postponing the promotion/relegation was in theory to allow clubs to focus on developing their youth, facilities and other aspects of the club instead of spending money on players to try and gain promotion.

All well and good, but now we have had 4 years with no movement. Another year with no plan. And no future.
    It’s a kick in the teeth to clubs aspiring to become NPL clubs.
    It’s a kick in the teeth to the region as we have a few clubs in NPL that have been cellar dwellers for years and are making up numbers and minimal progress.

In saying that, the top 6 in NPL is the closest it has been for as long as I can remember. As for the rest....

Just be transparent FFs and tell clubs what they need to do or if it’s a dead end.
    I agree that’s what it was intended to do develop juniors improve facilities. But it just hasn’t worked. Just look at the team that’s likely to win the premiership on Sunday, no change to the facility except for new council provided fence around the ground, how many of their juniors are in first squad on Sunday? And a player budget spend reportedly of $140-$150K and where have all there 20’s players that have played in last two grand finals gone? Not into the firsts squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    I agree that’s what it was intended to do develop juniors improve facilities. But it just hasn’t worked. Just look at the team that’s likely to win the premiership on Sunday, no change to the facility except for new council provided fence around the ground, how many of their juniors are in first squad on Sunday? And a player budget spend reportedly of $140-$150K and where have all there 20’s players that have played in last two grand finals gone? Not into the firsts squad.
    Maybe try getting out from under your rock Johnno before commenting on the facility at Maitland if you think a new fence is all that has been done.
    In last two years MFC has replaced fencing, had pop up sprinklers installed making it one of the best surfaces in the comp, constructed a new gear shed plus awning over existing canteen, built a new grandstand as well as seating in grandstand, erected nets behind goals on main ground and training ground.
    As for the 20's, there are still 8 of the starting 11 from last years grand final playing, they have just had a poor season, jennings brown duggan yates webb townsend rutherford duggan .
    So crawl back under your rock and bag out some other club pal, a great job by Maitland if they win the premiership 5 years after being promoted

Nawwww someone’s abit salty

4 v 1 Semi's
    Ulinga Oval

U19s Kahibah 0 v West Wallsend 1
    U23s New Lambton 0 v C/Hill 2
    1st Sth Cardiff 0 v C/Hill 5

Where's Wally, i mean Johnno