Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 2019 NEW FM League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Maybe try getting out from under your rock Johnno before commenting on the facility at Maitland if you think a new fence is all that has been done.
    In last two years MFC has replaced fencing, had pop up sprinklers installed making it one of the best surfaces in the comp, constructed a new gear shed plus awning over existing canteen, built a new grandstand as well as seating in grandstand, erected nets behind goals on main ground and training ground.
    As for the 20's, there are still 8 of the starting 11 from last years grand final playing, they have just had a poor season, jennings brown duggan yates webb townsend rutherford duggan .
    So crawl back under your rock and bag out some other club pal, a great job by Maitland if they win the premiership 5 years after being promoted
    Firstly congrats to Maitland, well deserved premiership.
    Disagree with your comments Johnno the ground and facilities are much better than prior years.
    Agree though on players, I remember hearing a couple of years back how club had a plan to have a number of existing 20s players into firsts squad. Failed miserably on that front with not one single player promoted to firsts

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Firstly congrats to Maitland, well deserved premiership.
    Disagree with your comments Johnno the ground and facilities are much better than prior years.
    Agree though on players, I remember hearing a couple of years back how club had a plan to have a number of existing 20s players into firsts squad. Failed miserably on that front with not one single player promoted to firsts
    End of the day , it's about winning premierships isn't it ???
    Maybe if existing 20's had been promoted, Maitland still wouldn't have won a premiership.
    Unfortunately, you can't promote existing 20's at any club if they aren't good enough

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    End of the day , it's about winning premierships isn't it ???
    Maybe if existing 20's had been promoted, Maitland still wouldn't have won a premiership.
    Unfortunately, you can't promote existing 20's at any club if they aren't good enough
    And you also can't promote them without opportunity

Chelsea are a classic example

De Bruyne Salah Lukaku are 3 guys who have slipped through their hands as they chose not to provide opportunities

NEWFM YOUTH GRAND FINALS

ALL GAMES AT WESTY ON SATURDAY
    13s
    New Lambton v Cooks Hill 9am
    14s
    South Cardiff v New Lambton 11am
    15s
    Kahibah v West Wallsend 1pm
    17s
    New Lambton v West Wallsend 3pm
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

South Cardiff smashed 5-0 at home, WOW!!

For so long now this comp really hasn’t had much point to it, paying players good sums of money to be in a comp that no matter where you come you will be next year.. it’s clear that no clubs will be going up in the near future but northern will pretend as tho they have every intention to do it... so my suggestion is to have this comp align with the zone comps and have promotion relegation between this and ZPL. For starters over the years the weak teams will drop out and you will get a stronger comp ( and still make all teams playing in it have the goal of being eligible for NPL) and it will give the comp a sense of worth.. and you can stop paying Money to players that don’t deserve it and spend that on upgrading the facilities.

I’m aware there will be opposing opinions as to why this is a bad idea, which will be cause for a great discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    For so long now this comp really hasnÂ’t had much point to it, paying players good sums of money to be in a comp that no matter where you come you will be next year.. itÂ’s clear that no clubs will be going up in the near future but northern will pretend as tho they have every intention to do it... so my suggestion is to have this comp align with the zone comps and have promotion relegation between this and ZPL. For starters over the years the weak teams will drop out and you will get a stronger comp ( and still make all teams playing in it have the goal of being eligible for NPL) and it will give the comp a sense of worth.. and you can stop paying Money to players that donÂ’t deserve it and spend that on upgrading the facilities.

IÂ’m aware there will be opposing opinions as to why this is a bad idea, which will be cause for a great discussion.
    This will hurt a few current clubs that have invested money in recent years on players so they had the results to go up to NPL. Its is rumoured there are South Cardiff players moving to NPL next season and it seems Law has left Cooks Hill which surely will have a flow on effect to their playing stocks. Its my belief any NewFM Club paying players now will seriously look for reasons why they are, what are they getting out of it. The no Promotion/Relegation decision has set the NewFM comp backwards, how far only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    South Cardiff smashed 5-0 at home, WOW!!
    Alton no WOW about it, pretty embarrassing on all fronts. Cant say much else....

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Alton no WOW about it, pretty embarrassing on all fronts. Cant say much else....
    Cheers Mario

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    This will hurt a few current clubs that have invested money in recent years on players so they had the results to go up to NPL. Its is rumoured there are South Cardiff players moving to NPL next season and it seems Law has left Cooks Hill which surely will have a flow on effect to their playing stocks. Its my belief any NewFM Club paying players now will seriously look for reasons why they are, what are they getting out of it. The no Promotion/Relegation decision has set the NewFM comp backwards, how far only time will tell.
    One has to wonder if Northern have the interests of the game in the region or the NPL clubs at heart. Clearly not the former since they don't want to do anything to build it up and appear to have no intention of doing a promotion/relegation compeition. How they think Croudace Bay Complex is a better facility than any NewFM ground is beyond anyone with half a brain about football. They said 3 years for all clubs to fix it up, plenty of clubs have done it in NewFM or ready to and some NPL clubs did **** all. End result Northern didn't reward clubs that did work, didn't punish clubs that didn't do anything over 3 years and simply said they couldn't be ****ed and we won't be changing anything.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    One has to wonder if Northern have the interests of the game in the region or the NPL clubs at heart.
    Dont think anyone is wondering. They appear to be watching their own pockets more than building the game.

I believe they are sitting on the fence until the 2nd division ALeague is either a go or no go. I'm assuming a couple of NPL clubs will believe they are in a position to enter it.
    Don't get me wrong though. I think it BS to make comments on improving facilities and then renege on that agreement of relegation

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    I believe they are sitting on the fence until the 2nd division ALeague is either a go or no go. I'm assuming a couple of NPL clubs will believe they are in a position to enter it.
    Don't get me wrong though. I think it BS to make comments on improving facilities and then renege on that agreement of relegation
    If that is truly their reason for waiting then they are bigger fools than most people on here make them out to be. Clealry not going to happen in the next 2-3 years. Northern happy to allow their second tier to languish and decline in case something happens in the future. If it ever happens it will take a lot longer to build up the quality than letting it flourish now.

Youth Grand Final results
    13s
    New Lambton 1 def Cooks Hill 0
    14s
    South Cardiff 3 def New Lambton 1
    15s
    Kahibah 2 def West Wallsend 1
    17s
    New Lambton 6 def West Wallsend 0

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Youth Grand Final results
    13s
    New Lambton 1 def Cooks Hill 0
    14s
    South Cardiff 3 def New Lambton 1
    15s
    Kahibah 2 def West Wallsend 1
    17s
    New Lambton 6 def West Wallsend 0
    Jeez that kahibah coach did well in 15s
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Jeez that kahibah coach did well in 15s
    I hear he's a genius.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    I hear he's a genius.
    So have I. Wouldn’t have wanted to have been on the committee that replaced him.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    So have I. Wouldn’t have wanted to have been on the committee that replaced him.
    Do you know why Kahibah dropped him?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Do you know why Kahibah dropped him?
    This season's coach not dropped. That was last year's