Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 2017 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

Anyone heard about Belmont AA-K being kicked out and multiple players being given multi-year bans after their performance last week after the game? Heard they surrounded a few players cars as they tried to leave and hit one of the opposition players girlfriend as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Anyone heard about Belmont AA-K being kicked out and multiple players being given multi-year bans after their performance last week after the game? Heard they surrounded a few players cars as they tried to leave and hit one of the opposition players girlfriend as well.
    First I have heard of it.

They still have their points in the points table. That usually changes straight away if a team is punted.

Well, scenes right there.

Can we get a heads up on what appears to be future shenens? You all know those teams. thnx

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    First I have heard of it.

They still have their points in the points table. That usually changes straight away if a team is punted.
    Yeah that's what I thought, though other teams I've seen kicked out have taken one or two days.

The incident happened but maybe the consequences didn't.

Anyone know when the dates/locations for the semi finals is going to be announced?

Dates

Semi - Weekend of August 19
    Finals - Weekend of 26th August.
    Grand Final - Weekend of 2nd Sept

I don't know where the Newcastle/Hunter games will be, but in Macquarie.

Semi Finals
    Friday Morisset FC, Belmont Swansea FC, South Cardiff FC, Dudley Redhead FC
    Saturday Morisset FC, Belmont Swansea FC, South Cardiff FC, Dudley Redhead FC, Barnsley FC
    Sunday Morisset FC, Belmont Swansea FC

Finals
    Friday Lake Macquarie FC, Kahibah FC, Garden Suburb FC
    Saturday Lake Macquarie FC, Kahibah FC, Garden Suburb FC
    Sunday Lake Macquarie FC, Garden Suburb FC

Grand Finals
    All Weekend Toronto Awaba FC, West Wallsend FC

Now it's finals time be good for guys to get a bit active and post some results. O35D fri nite 3v4 Redhead 2 Swansea 1. Face loser of valo v edgie next week. Terrible night for football, windy as a mofo!

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Cooks Hill United have three teams in their respective grand finals so far

o35-F
    AA-B
    AA-E

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    AA-B
    Proper team that.
    Doing their forefathers proud.

Bring it home lads.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post

o35-F
    AA-B
    AA-E
    They cruised all season in our comp (o35sF). We almost got them second last game of the year but gave up two late, late goals to lose 4-3 :/

Question across all the hunter/Macquarie/Newcastle interdictrict comps......is there any reason why the second weekend of finals can't be looked at by the associations to adjust grounds.....my son has a final tomorrow at gresford at 9am...he plays for Kahibah and it is against Belmont while an hour later Greta branxton play Maitland at kahibah oval in the same age group, different grade of course. Surely there is some scope for adjustments so the allocated grounds don't lose games.

Maybe someone knows someone and can actually ask.

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    Question across all the hunter/Macquarie/Newcastle interdictrict comps......is there any reason why the second weekend of finals can't be looked at by the associations to adjust grounds.....my son has a final tomorrow at gresford at 9am...he plays for Kahibah and it is against Belmont while an hour later Greta branxton play Maitland at kahibah oval in the same age group, different grade of course. Surely there is some scope for adjustments so the allocated grounds don't lose games.

Maybe someone knows someone and can actually ask.
    The games get allocated to the various associations a few weeks before the season ends based on who is likely to win the various grades.

As far as I know, once the grades are allocated to the associations, they don't get looked at beyond that. All of the games we hosted tonight are from teams that have had to travel, tomorrow isn't much different.

The games get allocated to the various associations a few weeks before the season ends based on who is likely to win the various grades.

As far as I know, once the grades are allocated to the associations, they don't get looked at beyond that. All of the games we hosted tonight are from teams that have had to travel, tomorrow isn't much different.
    Bit rich though for Hunter Valley to take this league when they only have one team in the entire grade, 4 of the 5 are in Lake Macquarie and the last is in Newcastle.

Just on that side that will win it, they were put far too low if you can score 134 goals and only let 7 grading has gone horribly wrong.

Bit rich though for Hunter Valley to take this league when they only have one team in the entire grade, 4 of the 5 are in Lake Macquarie and the last is in Newcastle.

Just on that side that will win it, they were put far too low if you can score 134 goals and only let 7 grading has gone horribly wrong.
    It wouldn't even be that bad if the grounds and clubs closer to newy and lake mac were used but gresford is even a bloody 30min drive from Maitland at least.

And yeah gratings were a joke...a team in the grade above ours score 1 and conceded 117 for the season.....good way to keep kids involved.

O35 D final.
    Redhead 4, valo 2. Redhead v edgie GF.

O-35 Fri B
    new Lambton V bero

From grades that friends/enemies play in, there seems to have been a lot of runaway minor premiers exit in straight sets in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    From grades that friends/enemies play in, there seems to have been a lot of runaway minor premiers exit in straight sets in the finals.
    We are one off those teams in O35B. Undefeated only to suffer two 1-0 losses.

It felt like other teams worked out how to play us and it paid off for them. Fair play, we weren't good enough on either of the days to get the job done. I'll just be in the crowd with a beer at the Grand Final instead of on the pitch, not sure I can pick a winner from Belswans or Warners Bay.

Minor Premiers in O35D didnt make the Grand Final either. They weren't runaways during the comp though.

It felt like other teams worked out how to play us and it paid off for them. Fair play, we weren't good enough on either of the days to get the job done. ..........not sure I can pick a winner from Belswans or Warners Bay.
    Yeah I know this grade and friends of mine commented that a couple of teams had markedly different players from rounds 1 & 2 compared to round 3. I think both GF teams in this grade spent 2/3 of season around the bottom of the table yeah?

Obviously not making accusations but it seemed like an odd grade this year.

Another angle could be that we should applaud the graders for seemingly getting it right, where all teams were pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah I know this grade and friends of mine commented that a couple of teams had markedly different players from rounds 1 & 2 compared to round 3. I think both GF teams in this grade spent 2/3 of season around the bottom of the table yeah?

Obviously not making accusations but it seemed like an odd grade this year.

Another angle could be that we should applaud the graders for seemingly getting it right, where all teams were pretty close.
    If I am honest, we shouldn't have been in B grade. We dropped out of A as we lost our entire midfield from last season and didn't think we were nearly as strong. We weren't but we still played well, till the finals when it all fell apart. I dont know how well we would have gone in A grade this season, but clearly the table shows we were. The rest of the comp was actually very close and it was only the last 2-3 rounds that the top 4 became a bit clearer.

I dont think the teams for either Warners Bay or Belswans were any different as the season progressed. Not that I noticed anyway, so I don't think anything dodgy went on with players for them. The nature of Saturday O35's is that there is only 4 grades, so the grading is probably a bit tougher to make sure teams are right. I would prefer that they made A and B grades 8 team comps though and just slid the teams up, but that wont happen.

If we had made the grand final we would have played Warners Bay 5 times during the season. Thats one of the things I hate about 6 team comps.