Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1201

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Just an honest experienced opinion, magic should have more concerns looking where they finished this season
    Well Played FR

Zico should not be casting stones at other clubs when his side done sweet **** all this season

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Well Played FR

Zico should not be casting stones at other clubs when his side done sweet **** all this season
    Didn't magic win the "Mickey Mouse" cup

I think Cooks Hill and Wallsend will both make the top 4. Cooks Hill have an aging squad though, so they will have to recruit well. Wallsend have a young squad with plenty of nbn expierence but will also need a couple of signings to get them up there. Valo and Lakes will obviously be the teams to beat. My early prediction is this: (may not even be close)
    1. Valo
    2. Lakes
    3. Wallsend
    4. Belswans
    5. Cooks Hill
    6. Thornton
    7. Toronto
    8. Westy
    9. Singo
    10. Cessnock
    11. Kahibah

From what I've heard is that Valo are spending up while Lakes have retained most of their NPL squad. Cooks Hill will be strong but it may take a year or 2 for them to come good and the same for Wallsend.

Kahiba could be an unknown with Andre's contacts, Thornton will be stronger than most expect, Singo could cause a few upsets and Belswans will be looking for a top 2 finish also.
    I think it will be a far more even comp this season all clubs have improved and I think the only whipping boys will be Cessnock and Westy.

This is just from what I heard around the traps.

Well Played FR

We will be back MFKS, we will be back but Southy are always going to be a thereabouts or lesser club.
    I'm not surprised to see ForeveRed posting in the NEWFM thread as it won't be long till his beloved Southy are playing in the comp.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    We will be back MFKS, we will be back but Southy are always going to be a thereabouts or lesser club.
    I'm not surprised to see ForeveRed posting in the NEWFM thread as it won't be long till his beloved Southy are playing in the comp.
    No doubt Magic will be back at the top of the tree next season. It is baffling how they ****ed up this season to the extent they did. The calibre of players they had who underperformed is surprising.

I still do not see why you wish to have a lash at FR. It costs nothing to be nice and the little dig about Southy in the New FM is un called for.

No doubt Magic will be back at the top of the tree next season. It is baffling how they ****ed up this season to the extent they did. The calibre of players they had who underperformed is surprising.

I still do not see why you wish to have a lash at FR. It costs nothing to be nice and the little dig about Southy in the New FM is un called for.
    Just calling it how I see it MFKS.

Must be tough finishing below such a "lesser" "thereabouts" club despite the abundance of funds, playing personnel and hand picked coach.

Put the handbags down gentlemen.

I'm heading back to the NPL, bit nasty down here

Aren't you posting in the same thread as him zico and wasn't your club closer to relegation than his club

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Aren't you posting in the same thread as him zico and wasn't your club closer to relegation than his club
    Last season was just a small bump in the road mate.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I think most other teams would be happy as well Sancho.

Quote Originally Posted by Football life View Post
    I think Cooks Hill and Wallsend will both make the top 4. Cooks Hill have an aging squad though, so they will have to recruit well. Wallsend have a young squad with plenty of nbn expierence but will also need a couple of signings to get them up there. Valo and Lakes will obviously be the teams to beat. My early prediction is this: (may not even be close)
    1. Valo
    2. Lakes
    3. Wallsend
    4. Belswans
    5. Cooks Hill
    6. Thornton
    7. Toronto
    8. Westy
    9. Singo
    10. Cessnock
    11. Kahibah
    Please explain???

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    Please explain???
    Was in relation to the appointment of Lakes' coach. With you saying you like him, after somebody else alluded to his poor coaching stats. Implying others would be happy lakes appointed somebody with less than appealing results. e.g more wins for everyone else.

(Don't know the bloke, just a comment that in context was light hearted, that here, appears to be slagging him off.)

I would have thought that ZPL being so strong thatall 3teams wwould finish in the top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Havago View Post
    I would have thought that ZPL being so strong thatall 3teams wwould finish in the top 4.
    At the risk of taking the bait on this one....the 3 teams that were promoted were not the best 3 teams in the ZPL last season (their league positions were 3rd, 4th and 9th.)

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    At the risk of taking the bait on this one....the 3 teams that were promoted were not the best 3 teams in the ZPL last season (their league positions were 3rd, 4th and 9th.)
    So we will never know which is the better comp if the so called best teams never get promoted. Maybe it's just easier to make these comments because they have no intentions of ever trying to get promotion because they are at a level where they have a chance of winning. Why is it that a team that finishes 9th applies for promotion and the top two don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Havago View Post
    So we will never know which is the better comp if the so called best teams never get promoted. Maybe it's just easier to make these comments because they have no intentions of ever trying to get promotion because they are at a level where they have a chance of winning. Why is it that a team that finishes 9th applies for promotion and the top two don't?
    I can only speak for the club I am associated with (New Lambton). We have previously applied for promotion and were knocked back due to a lack of association with our junior club (when having a junior affiliation mattered). In the time since we have made great strides in improving this relationship, to the point now where it is an excellent one. We did explore the possibility of applying to the NEWFM again this season (and explored the option via accessing the relevant applications forms through NNSWF) but the reality is that we are not going to receive promotion with our current ground situation (we were moved on from a high quality facility due to NPL restrictions at the start of this year). Our club is sourcing all avenues of funds to improve the situation at our home ground so that we can mount a viable case for promotion in future years and allow the opportunity for New Lambton Juniors to play at a higher level with the club.

I hope that clears up your assertion that our club 'have no intentions of ever trying to get promotion because they are at a level where they have a chance of winning'.

'3rd' place did win their 4th 1st grade major premiership in 5 years though, and ressies won last year and 23's this year....sooo can't be too bad across all grades.

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    '3rd' place did win their 4th 1st grade major premiership in 5 years though, and ressies won last year and 23's this year....sooo can't be too bad across all grades.
    Expect a fairly thorough overhaul of the squad.

Not saying there are going to be people 'kicked out' and mutinies and the like, I just think the squad was tending to age a little more than average and a few players, by their own admission, will struggle to keep up with the pace of NewFM. Could be wrong though.

They definitely have the junior base to be promoting younger players through.