Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1745

Thread: 2017 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Could be wrong, but clubs never took this on. I believe it’s in the regulations that clubs are responsible for recording and monitoring player infringements and imposing player sanctions.
    Spot on Stan, sorry Red wrong again.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Ineligible player was Moriyasu, not really good enough from the premier club, as they like to call themselves

Zane, who as we all know is big on rotation of his roster has obviously decided to play Moriyasu in 20's to keep him ready for this weeks return semi. But this comes at a cost, that being he hopes of the U20 squad. Decision made, so much for the club that goes on about player development, yeah we develop them thru to U20 than smash them on the head with a sledge hammer.
    I would expect a lot of unhappy U20's looking for alternate clubs next year and who could blame them
    At least the right team is penalised, unlike total s#$tfight in 18s.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Spot on Stan, sorry Red wrong again.
    It has been recorded in the regulations after clubs were concerned about nnswf not keeping correct or up to date records, clubs voted to take the responsibility away from nnswf, the following year it was recorded in the regulations, sorry, but I am correct, again

Could be wrong, but clubs never took this on. I believe it’s in the regulations that clubs are responsible for recording and monitoring player infringements and imposing player sanctions.
    Not sure about this league but imagine it's no different , in zone league we are responsible to check the team sheets, record the cards and check with the association if what we have recorded is correct as some cards are missed, not recorded, Team sheets not copied, cards recorded against wrong name etc

In no way is it up to the club to impose the sanction based on their own records. If you have a player close to being sanctioned it would be in your best interest to check in the week leading up to the game.
    It Is up to the association to hand out the sanction, the club is to ensure the coach and player is notified upon receiving the sanction from the association

Responsibility of this being put/taken on by the clubs is a load of crap IMO.

What needs to happen is each club picks whichever player from their roster they want, unless specifically notified by NNSW that they're not allowed to for whatever reason.

Governing the game should fall under the responsibility of the governing body - in this case NNSW (and the Zone League Associations).
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    It has been recorded in the regulations after clubs were concerned about nnswf not keeping correct or up to date records, clubs voted to take the responsibility away from nnswf, the following year it was recorded in the regulations, sorry, but I am correct, again
    You are so wrong Red, I would like to hear from others on this, Ned?

Red is completely correct in what he is saying. The clubs voted to take over after repeated stuff ups from nnsw.
    No surprises there

Interesting words from Zane in the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    I don't agree with Zane when he says all other grades irrelevant. But I also think if rules affecting 1sts 20s and 18s is different if all teams make finals, the same should apply for 1sts and 20s if only they make final. While ever a team and all other higher grades are still alive in finals series, they should be allowed to pick any side they like as long as age requirements are met. Although with games played on different days, I wouldn't like to see players playing in both 1sts and 20s or 20s and 18s on same weekend. Certainly not starting players in a higher grade backing up for a lower grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
    But I also think if rules affecting 1sts 20s and 18s is different if all teams make finals, the same should apply for 1sts and 20s if only they make final. While ever a team and all other higher grades are still alive in finals series, they should be allowed to pick any side they like as long as age requirements are met. Although with games played on different days, I wouldn't like to see players playing in both 1sts and 20s or 20s and 18s on same weekend. Certainly not starting players in a higher grade backing up for a lower grade.
    I'm pretty much thinking along the same lines as you here.

Also, I mentioned it in one of the Zone League threads a few days ago, but this imo is more reason for NNSW to start using the Club Championship to decide premiers, promotion, relegation, etc (like Sydney NPL do). There should IMO be a more holistic approach to club football because clearly as we can see from Zane's comments, clubs aren't being encouraged to do that currently (and I personally don't begrudge Zane for saying that - he is just playing the game, being realistic and saying what most people are thinking anyway).
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I'm pretty much thinking along the same lines as you here.

Also, I mentioned it in one of the Zone League threads a few days ago, but this imo is more reason for NNSW to start using the Club Championship to decide premiers, promotion, relegation, etc (like Sydney NPL do). There should IMO be a more holistic approach to club football because clearly as we can see from Zane's comments, clubs aren't being encouraged to do that currently (and I personally don't begrudge Zane for saying that - he is just playing the game, being realistic and saying what most people are thinking anyway).
    I wouldn't mind Club Chanpionship being used to save a club from relegation. I'm not sure the pressure from clubs put on 18s would be a positive thing.
    Let's be honest, in most cases first grade generally determines club championship. You cannot win club championship if you first grade aren't top 4. Im not sure using it as the only way a team can be promoted/relegated is good, but I definitely think it should be able to save a relegated team, or help a team get promotion, maybe in conjunction with, or lead to a playoff game or something. I'm not sure how it would work.

I remember a few years ago when Southy were relegated. Their first grade were obviously bottom. Maitland were second last. Southy beat them on championship points because their 22s were top 4, and 18s were mid table. Whereas Maitland were bottom and almost winless in both.
    I'm not sure how, but the club championship could be used to give clubs a bit of a second chance if it is in their favour. Given how much weight it has with first grade, it takes some really strong/poor results in lower grades to change things substantially. Would be interesting to see a playoff game in those circumstances

I agree it is a more holistic view of how the club is performing. Unsure of how appropriate it is to be reliant on 16 year olds to save clubs or play for promotion if it's a all in approach.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I wouldn't mind Club Chanpionship being used to save a club from relegation. I'm not sure the pressure from clubs put on 18s would be a positive thing.
    Let's be honest, in most cases first grade generally determines club championship. You cannot win club championship if you first grade aren't top 4. Im not sure using it as the only way a team can be promoted/relegated is good, but I definitely think it should be able to save a relegated team, or help a team get promotion, maybe in conjunction with, or lead to a playoff game or something. I'm not sure how it would work.

I remember a few years ago when Southy were relegated. Their first grade were obviously bottom. Maitland were second last. Southy beat them on championship points because their 22s were top 4, and 18s were mid table. Whereas Maitland were bottom and almost winless in both.
    I'm not sure how, but the club championship could be used to give clubs a bit of a second chance if it is in their favour. Given how much weight it has with first grade, it takes some really strong/poor results in lower grades to change things substantially. Would be interesting to see a playoff game in those circumstances

I agree it is a more holistic view of how the club is performing. Unsure of how appropriate it is to be reliant on 16 year olds to save clubs or play for promotion if it's a all in approach.
    How is a club relying on 16s or 18s to save themselves from relegation

They are relying on all their grades to get enough points to save their arse

If it gets down to the last weekend and the firsts and 20s are no hope and the club is relying on their 18s side to pull a win out to save themselves then maybe the club really deserve relegation for being poorly run across the club??

Stop coming up with excuses

This is an alleged elite competition there shouldn't be no participation trophies

Well the notion that seemingly keeps getting pushed on Newcastle Clubs is to strengthen your young teams. Introducing NPL from 13s onwards, changing "reserve grade" to aged, etc. The message already seems to be get/promote better youth. A club doing well in all grades is only good news for that club.

As Zane has alluded to in that herald article, there is bugger all incentive for clubs to even remotely care about the results of the lower grades. So 18s and 23s (or whatever the age group is now) aren't being incentivized to get results, until they get to first grade. Maybe that's part of the reason some people claim the comp is getting weaker - because we're not encouraging our kids to win games.

As Brem has pointed out, more often than not the first grade ladder roughly dictates the Club Championship anyway. So it is largely setup to rely on Firsts by setup. And as it should. But like your Southy example - why were Southy punished moreso than the overall worse performers Maitland?

Focusing on Club Championship will encourage clubs to focus on their entire club even more, which can never be a bad thing for young players. Some in the recent page of this thread have stated that they reckon some Edgy reserve graders will be feeling pretty dirty about how they've been treated. Imagine if Edgy had even more incentive to look after them kids? Surely it can't hurt.

I recently read about how in the Bundesliga the third worst team plays off against the third best team from the division below to decide promotion/relegation. Logistically I'm sure playoff games are kinda painful for NNSW to organise (dare we ask them to put effort in to improve the game!) but I genuinely love the idea of that kind of playoff game. Gives a finals-esque feel to poor performing teams and can help them finish on a higher note than they would have.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    How is a club relying on 16s or 18s to save themselves from relegation

They are relying on all their grades to get enough points to save their arse

If it gets down to the last weekend and the firsts and 20s are no hope and the club is relying on their 18s side to pull a win out to save themselves then maybe the club really deserve relegation for being poorly run across the club??

Stop coming up with excuses

This is an alleged elite competition there shouldn't be no participation trophies
    I enjoy that you base a wholeeeeeeee rant, on one sentence. If you actually bothered to read, you'd see I wasn't opposed to the idea. But whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Well the notion that seemingly keeps getting pushed on Newcastle Clubs is to strengthen your young teams. Introducing NPL from 13s onwards, changing "reserve grade" to aged, etc. The message already seems to be get/promote better youth. A club doing well in all grades is only good news for that club.

As Zane has alluded to in that herald article, there is bugger all incentive for clubs to even remotely care about the results of the lower grades. So 18s and 23s (or whatever the age group is now) aren't being incentivized to get results, until they get to first grade. Maybe that's part of the reason some people claim the comp is getting weaker - because we're not encouraging our kids to win games.

As Brem has pointed out, more often than not the first grade ladder roughly dictates the Club Championship anyway. So it is largely setup to rely on Firsts by setup. And as it should. But like your Southy example - why were Southy punished moreso than the overall worse performers Maitland?

Focusing on Club Championship will encourage clubs to focus on their entire club even more, which can never be a bad thing for young players. Some in the recent page of this thread have stated that they reckon some Edgy reserve graders will be feeling pretty dirty about how they've been treated. Imagine if Edgy had even more incentive to look after them kids? Surely it can't hurt.

I recently read about how in the Bundesliga the third worst team plays off against the third best team from the division below to decide promotion/relegation. Logistically I'm sure playoff games are kinda painful for NNSW to organise (dare we ask them to put effort in to improve the game!) but I genuinely love the idea of that kind of playoff game. Gives a finals-esque feel to poor performing teams and can help them finish on a higher note than they would have.
    I like the idea of a playoff game. Not sure how you'd work it though.
    Would it still be first and last automatic , then maybe playoff game with club championship winner/2nd place vs championship loser/2nd last.
    If the club championship reflects the table, no playoff?

I think once NPL2 comes into fruition this could be possible. Not sure how viable it is with an 8 team comp.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    I'm glad I don't have a son playing at Edgeworth given the opinion of the coach on all grades below 1st grade. Maybe NNSW should allow Edgeworth the privilege of only nominating a first grade team in the next licence period.

I'm glad I don't have a son playing at Edgeworth given the opinion of the coach on all grades below 1st grade. Maybe NNSW should allow Edgeworth the privilege of only nominating a first grade team in the next licence period.
    Well at least all parents of NPL Youth players know what to expect from Edgeworth now.

Well at least all parents of NPL Youth players know what to expect from Edgeworth now.
    Zane's comments don't paint a good picture of himself IMO.

Foley pulls out on Charlestown as per their Facebook!! The old back-flip?