Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2019 NPL Youth

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Yes they do
    Do they actively seek out the opinions of general stakeholders? It would be great to see some kind of regular engagement with people outside the club inner circles. Perhaps an occasional survey or open forum (Twitter Q&A?) where coaches, players, volunteers, parents etc can give some thoughts or feedback. Most suggestions might not be useful but you might get the occasional gem. And having those engaged people on the outside actively giving feedback has to be useful for NNSWF. Understanding the thoughts of the wider masses (and not solely the clubs) can only help.

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    Do they actively seek out the opinions of general stakeholders? It would be great to see some kind of regular engagement with people outside the club inner circles. Perhaps an occasional survey or open forum (Twitter Q&A?) where coaches, players, volunteers, parents etc can give some thoughts or feedback. Most suggestions might not be useful but you might get the occasional gem. And having those engaged people on the outside actively giving feedback has to be useful for NNSWF. Understanding the thoughts of the wider masses (and not solely the clubs) can only help.
    No they don’t, because they don’t want to hear anything that doesn’t fit their agenda

David Eland used to post on here a few years back, but after a few months people really didnt direct many questions to him so he stopped posting.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    OK, I have received an email from a club who objected to a club employee being named on this forum as a guess behind a user's identity.
    I have searched and removed a number of posts relating to this.
    I would reiterate to users to be very careful when posting names on this site especially when a person may be a club official. You might think you have carte blanche to post what you want in here, but you don't. I'm going to be keeping an closer eye on the local forums to ensure people are playing nicely.
    The local football forums are very popular which is fantastic but as a result there are a lot of eyes on what gets posted here (local clubs and officials are watching), so you need to be aware that posting anything defamatory (especially with a name) WILL bring repercussions.
    Tut tut. My daddy Duzmzn has been a bad man again. No way mummy coming home now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Rumour is that NPL and NEWFM youth ages will align next year in line with current NPL age range.

About time.
    Is this happening? What does it mean exactly?

Yes. Both comps will now have 13, 14, 15, 16 & 18.. The NEWFM 17 & 19 are gone.

As mentioned elsewhere
    13 14 15 16 into Youth NPL2

U/16s, U/18s, and U/20s into NSW NPL 4

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    As mentioned elsewhere
    13 14 15 16 into Youth NPL2

U/16s, U/18s, and U/20s into NSW NPL 4
    Busy season for the 16’s

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Busy season for the 16’s
    lol. they were lazy last year and need a lesson. But actually the wording is confusing.

while young boys teams, who will compete in the U/13s, U/14s, U/15s, and U/16s, will enter into the Youth NPL NSW 2.

The senior men’s youth teams, the U/16s, U/18s, and U/20s, will compete in the U/18s, U/20s, and First Grade competitions respectively in the Senior NPL NSW 4 and look to climb their way up the divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    lol. they were lazy last year and need a lesson. But actually the wording is confusing.
    How do Sydney, wanderers and mariners currently do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    How do Sydney, wanderers and mariners currently do it?
    With each other 😂

The confusion lies in that the Jets play up an age in the local comp, thus the u16 Jets play in the under 18 NNSW NPL.

Next season, the Jets will play in their own age group in Sydney, as does the SCUM and the WSW. So, this years under 16s will play 18s in Sydney as a 17s squad and probably get a second year in 18s to follow. I guess they are the big winner in the Jets set up. This year's 18s will play in the 20s but will all be under 19 players. Again, they will likely get two years
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

So what was traditionaly Jets Youth players Will be split into 2 teams to cover u20s and 1st Grade?? They might have to recruit more players maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    The confusion lies in that the Jets play up an age in the local comp, thus the u16 Jets play in the under 18 NNSW NPL.

Next season, the Jets will play in their own age group in Sydney, as does the SCUM and the WSW. So, this years under 16s will play 18s in Sydney as a 17s squad and probably get a second year in 18s to follow. I guess they are the big winner in the Jets set up. This year's 18s will play in the 20s but will all be under 19 players. Again, they will likely get two years
    I think playing stronger opposition every week can only help the Jets squads, but you have to feel for the parents having to get the kids to Sydney every weekend. Will the Jets be offering buses to games? It would definitely take some of the pain out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    I think playing stronger opposition every week can only help the Jets squads, but you have to feel for the parents having to get the kids to Sydney every weekend. Will the Jets be offering buses to games? It would definitely take some of the pain out of it.
    Common sense would dictate a bus......but this is the Jets.

Now that the Jets won't be using the LM football centre, will their fees fall? If they are training at Hunter Sports they will certainly get used to playing on poor pitches.
    Anyone know where they will play home games?
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

I heard they may play at Glendale sports field, inside the athletic track. Need good eyesight to see the play.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
    I heard they may play at Glendale sports field, inside the athletic track. Need good eyesight to see the play.
    Great pitch though.

Banned
    Proposed 2020 No-fc u18 coach Newham off to Jets.