Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: The EPL Thread aka Euro Snobs

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Fifa fair Play rules is a lie .
    rofl yes. This isnt or never will be a thing. corruption is the new and old normal.

btw mr whippy also sold pron. bahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    PSG ain't buying Neymar based on income level without cooking the books as the reality is they dont have the fans and business profile the likes Real and Man U have in all 4 corners of the globe

Man City outside of Manchester had no fans 15 years ago. Even now they still really don't

Exactly where they getting their finances up to the level to purchase what they do when Man U and Real who have got the merchandising thing down pay can't quite spend the levels that the PSGs and Man City do??

There no way in the world the Financial Fair Play is working.

Because when it does it benefits the likes of Man U and Real etc the most

Plus most of the sanctions issued have been window dressing by banning them from the transfer window for 1-2 Windows whilst still alloweing them to stock up before hand before the ban comes into effect

Not exactly a punishment
    I don't think you understand the FFP rules. Signing Neymar (or anyone else) is not as bad (financially) as you think. Say he signed for 4 years ( I do not know the time length) then whatever he was signed for divided by 4 is what is recorded for the the current year etc. So the big amount has no bearing directly. PSG did sell players as well, which would have offset part of the current amount.

I don't think any of those teams have fallen foul of FFP.

Barca and Real definitely not. They signed under age players, same as athletico.

FFP was used to stop Russian teams buying all the best players from Man United, Barca and Real Madrid about 5 years ago.

Now that it's China doing it there no point worrying about FFP. They aren't in the CL so it doesn't really hurt them.
    Now I know you do not know what you are talking about. Roma were placed on a buying ban by UEFA, Inter were fined, Real Madrid could not make any signings over a certain amount, as was Barcellona.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    I don't think you understand the FFP rules. Signing Neymar (or anyone else) is not as bad (financially) as you think. Say he signed for 4 years ( I do not know the time length) then whatever he was signed for divided by 4 is what is recorded for the the current year etc. So the big amount has no bearing directly. PSG did sell players as well, which would have offset part of the current amount.
    But wasn’t the whole Neymar thing all about the country of Qatar (or which ever one owns PSG) buying him out, so therefore there was no ‘transfer fee’ as such.

Once the buy out was done he signed as a free agent and the only financial impact to the club was his wage which is easily covered by the clubs operating budget.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    But wasn’t the whole Neymar thing all about the country of Qatar (or which ever one owns PSG) buying him out, so therefore there was no ‘transfer fee’ as such.

Once the buy out was done he signed as a free agent and the only financial impact to the club was his wage which is easily covered by the clubs operating budget.
    PSG paid the buy out clause, (whatever you want to call it) but it still counts towards FFP rules.

Now I know you do not know what you are talking about. Roma were placed on a buying ban by UEFA, Inter were fined, Real Madrid could not make any signings over a certain amount, as was Barcellona.
    I checked the lists of teams that have been sanctioned by the FFP and none of those came up. They may have been sanctioned but not through the FFP. If you can show me when they were sanctioned by the FFP specifically i'll admit to knowing nothing about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I checked the lists of teams that have been sanctioned by the FFP and none of those came up. They may have been sanctioned but not through the FFP. If you can show me when they were sanctioned by the FFP specifically i'll admit to knowing nothing about it.
    Inter Milan, Roma and Monaco are among 10 European clubs who have been hit with fines and squad restrictions for breaking Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.
    The trio have all agreed to pay fines and limit the number of new players they could register in European competition, UEFA said in a statement following a decision by its financial control watchdog.
    Among a variety of measures, Inter agreed to pay a fine of up to 20 million euros (£14.5m), which will come out of their revenues from playing in this season's Europa League.

They will also be allowed only 21 players, instead of 25, in their squad if they qualify for European competition next season and Roma would be allowed 22.
    In addition, Inter agreed "to report a maximum break-even deficit of 30 million euros for the financial year ending in 2016 and no break-even deficit for the financial year ending in 2017."
    Similarly, Roma must pay a fine of up to six million euros and must not report combined losses of more than 30 million euros for this year and next year combined.
    "The agreement was necessary due to a historical deviation from UEFA's break-even requirement stemming from past economic losses and the challenging financial situation of the club before the current ownership's takeover," Roma said in a statement.
    Monaco, who have gone from the French second division to the Champions League quarter-finals in just two years thanks to the financial backing of their Russian billionaire owner Dimitri Rybolovlev, were also penalised.
    The side from the Mediterranean principality must pay a fine of up to 13 million euros, with three million euros to be paid in full and the remainder conditional on their compliance with a raft of measures, including the requirement to reach break-even by 2017.
    They will also be limited to a 22-man squad, rather than the usual permitted limit of 25, should they qualify for European competition next season.
    Turkish giants Besiktas, Sporting Lisbon and Russian sides FC Krasnodar and Lokomotiv Moscow also reached agreements with UEFA, along with CSKA Sofia, Kardemir Karabukspor of Turkey and FC Rostov of Russia.
    UEFA's FFP rules are aimed at preventing clubs from spending more money than they earn and led to both Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain being heavily penalised last year.
    They also pledged to curb transfer spending over two seasons.

(CNN) -- Big-spending Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain have been heavily sanctioned by European football body UEFA for breaching new rules on Financial Fair Play.
    The respective champions of England and France are among nine clubs that have failed to comply with rulings brought in with the aim of making football more financially stable.
    City has been bankrolled by Abu Dhabi royal Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan since 2008, while PSG was bought by the Qatar Investment Authority in 2011.
    Both clubs have leaped to prominence on the back of massive investments, signing top players and announcing lucrative sponsorship deals with companies closely linked to their owners -- such as Etihad Airlines and the Qatar Tourism Authority.
    The latter was identified by UEFA as having broken its financial rules -- it said Friday that its valuation of PSG's reported €700 million ($960 million) four-year agreement was "significantly below that submitted by the club."
    Despite such revenue, City and PSG exceeded the permitted losses of $62 million over the course of the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons.
    City, which last weekend won the Premier League title for the second time in three years, said it would accept punishments including a fine of €60 million ($82 million), a restriction on transfer spending and a reduction in the club's squad size for the European Champions League.
    Of the fine, €10 million will be taken from earnings in this season's Champions League and the same amount from the next campaign -- while the rest will be returned if City meets its financial obligations over a three-year period.
    It will have to limit spending on new players to €60 million for the upcoming transfer window, on top of funds raised by sales of existing squad members.
    "This will have no material impact on the club's planned transfer activity," City said Friday, having negotiated a settlement with UEFA in talks over the past month.
    "At the heart of those discussions is a fundamental disagreement between the club's and UEFA's respective interpretations of the FFP regulations on players purchased before 2010," City said.
    "The club believes it has complied with the FFP regulations on this and all other matters."
    City, which reached the last 16 in this season's Champions League, can only register 21 players for the 2014-15 competition -- the usual maximum is 25. However, it noted that manager Manuel Pellegrini used only 21 of 23 players registered for 2013-14.
    The whole club's salaries -- those of its players are the largest in world sport -- for next season must stay at the same level as the one just completed, though City said: "In reality, the existing MCFC business plan sees a natural decline in that wage bill."
    City made a record British loss of $307.8 million in 2010-11 and $192 million the year before -- all of which were covered by billionaire Sheikh Mansour.
    In 2012 its deficit was $160 million and last year $87 million, but the club said it expects to break even for the period ending May 31.
    "Operating with no debt, the club is realizing its football and commercial opportunities whilst continuing unprecedented investments in both youth development and the local community," City said.
    PSG said Friday it would accept the financial sanctions imposed by UEFA -- the same that City faces -- despite "irreconcilable differences" over its sponsorship with the QTA.
    It said the measures imposed would mean a "tremendous handicap" as it seeks to establish itself as one of Europe's leading clubs, having reached the Champions League quarterfinals this season.
    "We will continue to invest in developing a highly competitive team and we will continue our investments in our stadium and training infrastructures while at the same time remaining, as we are today, debt free," PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi said in a statement.
    Turkish clubs Galatasaray, Bursaspor and Trabzonspor were also sanctioned for exceeding spending limits, being fined €200,000 and told to meet break-even limits, as was Bulgaria's Levski Sofia.
    Russia's Zenit St. Petersburg, Rubin Kazan and Anzhi Makhachkala must reduce their operating deficits to break-even by 2016 and freeze wage bills, while also facing reduction in squad sizes and limits on new player registrations for European competitions.
    An announcement had been expected at the start of this month but was delayed by the complexity of the legal proceedings involved, UEFA secretary general Gianni Infantino said on Tuesday.
    The financial fair play rules are supposed to stop clubs getting into unmanageable debt, or allow wealthy benefactors to give top teams and unfair advantage.
    Earlier this month, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger argued that any team that broke Financial Fair Play rules should be excluded from European competition.
    In 2012, UEFA began withholding prize money from clubs which did not meet the financial restrictions, and at the end of that year Spanish club Malaga was banned from European competition for a season and fined €300,000 due to unpaid bills.

I admit to knowing nothing about it.
    I checked a few websites and the wiki page and nothing came up other than some russian teams, some other smaller euro teams and a few championship teams like Hull and QPR. Cheers De Champ.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Does it say anywhere if these punishments were actually enforced.

I think City did spend less than 60 million in the summer 2014/2015 transfer window so I guess it may have actually happened.

Does it say anywhere if these punishments were actually enforced.

I think City did spend less than 60 million in the summer 2014/2015 transfer window so I guess it may have actually happened.
    I can't tell, it is hard to get info. All I can say that reading several web sites, they seem to confirm that Inter Milan had been fined, and paid the fine. The bigger, richer clubs, can sell a big (cost) player to get under the FFP rules and replace them with a lessor (cost) player.

I can't tell, it is hard to get info. All I can say that reading several web sites, they seem to confirm that Inter Milan had been fined, and paid the fine. The bigger, richer clubs, can sell a big (cost) player to get under the FFP rules and replace them with a lessor (cost) player.
    Man City 100% got into trouble with FFP I remember their UCL squad numbers restricted a few seasons ago
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Chelski playing Perth Glory on 23rd July.

Pre-sale already on for 24 hours!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Chelski playing Perth Glory on 23rd July.

Pre-sale already on for 24 hours!
    Prepare for paper planes
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Prepare for paper planes

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    the bigger story is looking at where city's money comes from (and PSG for that matter):

https://medium.com/@NcGeehan/the-men...u-14bc8e393e06
    Last edited by parksey; 14-02-2018 at 07:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

the bigger story is looking at where city's money comes from (and PSG for that matter):

https://medium.com/@NcGeehan/the-men...u-14bc8e393e06
    ....and its not only those teams....I'm sure Abramovich did not make his money (real quick) by singing in the choir on Sunday mornings, ditto with every other oligarch, chinese etc

....and its not only those teams....I'm sure Abramovich did not make his money (real quick) by singing in the choir on Sunday mornings, ditto with every other oligarch, chinese etc
    Agreed, Arsenal's owners are a stupid yank (who has pissed off everyone in Los Angeles first, then everyone in St Louis and then everyone who doesn't think we need a TV channel dedicated to hunting and killing rare animals) and a dodgy Russian (who just like Roman is well liked by Putin). No owner would have a squeaky clean CV in this day and age.

On a lighter note. We also currently have Africa's richest man saying he wants to buy us, sack the board (including Wenger) and build us into the greatest team of all time. Not sure if he is actually a rich person or a Nigerian prince sending emails though, but could be a fun ride for a few years. haha.

Agreed, Arsenal's owners are a stupid yank (who has pissed off everyone in Los Angeles first, then everyone in St Louis and then everyone who doesn't think we need a TV channel dedicated to hunting and killing rare animals) and a dodgy Russian (who just like Roman is well liked by Putin). No owner would have a squeaky clean CV in this day and age.

On a lighter note. We also currently have Africa's richest man saying he wants to buy us, sack the board (including Wenger) and build us into the greatest team of all time. Not sure if he is actually a rich person or a Nigerian prince sending emails though, but could be a fun ride for a few years. haha.
    Problem is Kronke will never sell his cash cow. Didnt Usmanov offer 1 billion or somthing to buy the club earlier this year?

love at first sight

Feel pretty sorry for the Man City fans right now.

Two wins in a week, played very well in both of them, including their first trophy under Guardiola and all the media can talk about is how the world is about to end at the Emirates.

18 points clear and it's only the 1st week of March.

I can't wait for Arsenal TV after this game..