13 22.81%
  • Slobs

9 15.79%
  • Other

9 15.79%
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hunt for a New Manager - 16/17 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Is there a lower level than this stinking pile of shit?
    Papas, Mori, Rudan, Anastasiadis etc all doing the hard yards at State NPL clubs. Others like Zane as a youth coach. Bridges wants a gig because he has shown he is good at analyzing the game on TV and because he has some coaching qualifications.
    Think I'll leave it at that!

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Papas, Mori, Rudan, Anastasiadis etc all doing the hard yards at State NPL clubs. Others like Zane as a youth coach. Bridges wants a gig because he has shown he is good at analyzing the game on TV and because he has some coaching qualifications.
    I wouldnt even say he is good on tv. He is a parasite, plain and simple.

Griff dang it stopper why can't you let the joke just sit, and then quietly move on to the next thing?

You are inheriting the good Members terrible habit of the second you see someone respond to your posts you mash your face on the keyboard as the (obviously) stupid comment from me swirls around above your head.

We need to work together on this ok. I'm trying to guide you through life on the Foz. Don't slap away a hand trying to help you across the street.

Griff dang it stopper why can't you let the joke just sit, and then quietly move on to the next thing?

You are inheriting the good Members terrible habit of the second you see someone respond to your posts you mash your face on the keyboard as the (obviously) stupid comment from me swirls around above your head.

We need to work together on this ok. I'm trying to guide you through life on the Foz. Don't slap away a hand trying to help you across the street.
    OK....I think???

Seriously though, what are your thoughts on the Sheringham/Bridges "dynamic duo"?

OK....I think???

Seriously though, what are your thoughts on the Sheringham/Bridges "dynamic duo"?
    It had me checking it wasn't April 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

OK....I think???

See that's better.

Anyway to your question, and in keeping with your theme, having those 2 manage your team would be like hearing there's a new Batman film coming out and getting excited that Christopher Nolan is directing it only to turn up at the theatre and realise Joel Schumacher was given the gig instead.

I'll let you decipher that however you please.

Good day.

See that's better.

Anyway to your question, and in keeping with your theme, having those 2 manage your team would be like hearing there's a new Batman film coming out and getting excited that Christopher Nolan is directing it only to turn up at the theatre and realise Joel Schumacher was given the gig instead.

I'll let you decipher that however you please.

Good day.

Nothing in The Herald today about any new candidates for the position.
    The way it's been going the last few days I was expecting to see Andy Roberts or David Lowe put their hand up for the job
    Jones, Stewart, Bridges/(Sheringham)....all former players for Newcastle. In fact Dillon was strongly pushing Jones' case the other day to be the coach.
    Just seems such a narrow outlook to have regarding the coaching position as our game is a truly global game and not only that but there are also some good, decent coaches plying their trade in other NPL Leagues but no mention or self-promoting of them.
    I for one don't believe this rubbish that the new coach needs to have an understanding of the football culture of Newcastle and be able to connect with the local community. Yes, it is probably a bonus but low down on the priorities for what we require as a coach to dig us out of this mess.
    An experienced, respected coach who has excellent player-management skills who can bring the players along with him and get them to believe in his style and philosphy, making every player in the squad feel they are worthy and able to contribute to the team.
    Most importantly....and this is probably the biggest challenge....to turn around years of mediocrity and bring a winning mentality and culture to the club so that in particular home games when a team comes to play here at Hunter Stadium, they know they have done well just to scrape a point.
    Amor is a perfect example, I bet he knew sweet stuff all about Adelaide before coming there but look what he has done!

The reason local ex-players are getting mentioned. I'd sugget, is because the overseas market of available foreign managers is totally unknown to the Herald. We aren't going to get a high-profile manager available from overseas unfortunately.

I agree that the inherent knowledge of the community isn't a necessity. They will learn about it, but ultimately they will be judged on results. If they start winning, the community will love them. Only advice they should know is don't bullshit us and don't play us for fools.

If we are to salvage anything out of the season, the coach needs to be flexible enough to utilise the strengths of the players we have - technicality, mentality, athleticism - not shoehorn them into their style straight away.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Not discussed much though he is in the poll - what about Mulvey?

Was desperate to get the Jets job and get away from GC when BC got sacked. Did OK at Roar and was probably sacked harshly (anyone know how this court case ended)? Was also looking at the CC job.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-0...-axing/6744424

Jones will have them fit and firing. Organised, is local and understands what the locals would like to see in their team.

I think people might be afraid to see him get a chance in the top gig and achieve results with the team. Would be a stable option. Seems to be supported by former players. However, what sort of judge would they be..

Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    Jones will have them fit and firing. Organised, is local and understands what the locals would like to see in their team.

I think people might be afraid to see him get a chance in the top gig and achieve results with the team. Would be a stable option. Seems to be supported by former players. However, what sort of judge would they be..
    And what would locals would like to see in their team?........ Understand the Hunter region culture....blah blah blah bullshit talk...

What we want to see is a winning team who plays good football...simple...
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

So one A-League club goes to one of the biggest clubs in the world to poach a coach, who then sets a blue print that leads to attractive football and ultimately a title.

yet we continually dip a spoon into the same pile of sludge in the hope we get a bloke that has 'em fit and well 'ard and who cares if we're garbage as long as they stick a boot in and kiss the badge on their way off after being red carded.

You guys are great.

So one A-League club goes to one of the biggest clubs in the world to poach a coach, who then sets a blue print that leads to attractive football and ultimately a title.

yet we continually dip a spoon into the same pile of sludge in the hope we get a bloke that has 'em fit and well 'ard and who cares if we're garbage as long as they stick a boot in and kiss the badge on their way off after being red carded.

You guys are great.
    well said Plague....
    Dare to Zlatan

You guys are great.
    👍

Man, I would be totally fine if a player scored then came over and spat on the damn fans, then wiped his butt with the shirt if he gets me a 5-0 win each week.

and not only would I buy season tix again to watch it, I'd find out how to sponsor that guy just so after every goal Simon Hill says "and that huge ball of phlegm he just hacked up on that lady in the front row is brought to you by the Plague Family trust".

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    And what would locals would like to see in their team?........ Understand the Hunter region culture....blah blah blah bullshit talk...

What we want to see is a winning team who plays good football...simple...
    So who else is putting up their hand to coach?

Of the options I've heard, I'd takes Jones in a heartbeat.

If guardiola wants the challenge, then sure, I'd back him.

Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    So who else is putting up their hand to coach?

Of the options I've heard, I'd takes Jones in a heartbeat.

If guardiola wants the challenge, then sure, I'd back him.
    Not sure what's happening behind close doors but instead of waiting for applicants to send their resume, maybe they should go and get one. As I said before of all coaches currently on Australian soil I would go for Gombau. If not available then look in Spain, France, Italy, Germany.......before thinking local. Local should be the last solution at this stage.
    Dare to Zlatan

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Not sure what's happening behind close doors but instead of waiting for applicants to send their resume, maybe they should go and get one. As I said before of all coaches currently on Australian soil I would go for Gombau. If not available then look in Spain, France, Italy, Germany.......before thinking local. Local should be the last solution at this stage.
    The time to search wopuld be ideal but given the season is upon us, perhaps it's simply not achieveable to relocate someone out here. It took Miller ~2 weeks when he came from England. We don't have that time. I'd also add, any coach that comes in won't want to hold the fort for just a season. They'd want a minimum 2 year deal for some security. I expect the fans would want this as we have said stability is needed in the team.

And almost right on queue The Herald produce this:

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/41...w-coach/?cs=12

Does anyone alse think that Parris writes in an almost alarmist manner? Clearly looking to put pressure on the club and create debate. I suppose that's his job.