Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Arnie's out - Who's in???

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    And what makes you think that the club isn't?

Funny thing about football fans is that they seem to know how to run a club better then the people actually paying the bills.
    I'm not talking about the bill payers.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Da paper bloke Barry Toohey said it ain't Lee Clarke.

He intimated Phil Stubbins was high on the list.

Just proves no one knows shit about shit really.
    This.

So much chasing at shadows, on here and in the media.

It's Stubbins..

Yeah its confirmed. Stubbins new head coach. I think it's a good choice, held in high regard from everyone at Adelaide during his time there.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Yeah its confirmed. Stubbins new head coach. I think it's a good choice, held in high regard from everyone at Adelaide during his time there.
    I don't think he's the best choice to teach Zane. FFS the highest he has coached in the Thai Premier League! Bring on more years of mediocrity under Stubbins and then more under Zane.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    I don't think he's the best choice to teach Zane. FFS the highest he has coached in the Thai Premier League! Bring on more years of mediocrity under Stubbins and then more under Zane.
    Can you give him a chance before writing him off? The ink isn't dry on the contract yet

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Can you give him a chance before writing him off? The ink isn't dry on the contract yet
    Please, he's hardly the experienced coach we were promised. What's Zane going to learn off him to make him better in the next 2 years? How to manage at Thai level?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I wonder if he will sign his injured son JASON stubbins for a million dollar marqee

Please, he's hardly the experienced coach we were promised. What's Zane going to learn off him to make him better in the next 2 years? How to manage at Thai level?
    Do you not realise he is a big fan of your main boy Birraz ??

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Do you not realise he is a big fan of your main boy Birraz ??
    Don't care. He's hardly the experienced coach Middleby said they were going after. And coaching at Thai level is hardly impressive.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Don't care. He's hardly the experienced coach Middleby said they were going after. And coaching at Thai level is hardly impressive.
    I think we've all worked out you aren't a fan.

Yeah those weak arse Thai premier league coaches could never come to Australia and organise a competitive team.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Yeah those weak arse Thai premier league coaches could never come to Australia and organise a competitive team.

Gombeau was coaching in Hong Kong

To be fair, they promised us an experienced coach. They just didn't say exactly what he was experienced at.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Gombeau was coaching in Hong Kong
    Precisely my point. He was coaching in a lesser league then the Thai premier league and yet he has still been a success in the HAL, or does the Hong Kong league now sit above the HAL and Thai Premier league & Gombau went backwards when he joined Adelaide.

I'm not saying Stubbins will be a raging success but should the bloke be completely written off because we didn't sign him directly from The EPL, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, La Liga etc.

People need to understand that HAL clubs are hardly going to be signing the top tier of coaches.

What I don't like is the club spoke about an experienced coach to be mentoring Zane, this looks about as promising as GVE mentoring Deans.

I'm also still trying to figure out why we had to rush a deadline & in the process eliminate a more experienced coach for a guy who has been available since march.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Precisely my point. He was coaching in a lesser league then the Thai premier league and yet he has still been a success in the HAL, or does the Hong Kong league now sit above the HAL and Thai Premier league & Gombau went backwards when he joined Adelaide.

I'm not saying Stubbins will be a raging success but should the bloke be completely written off because we didn't sign him directly from The EPL, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, La Liga etc.

People need to understand that HAL clubs are hardly going to be signing the top tier of coaches.

What I don't like is the club spoke about an experienced coach to be mentoring Zane, this looks about as promising as GVE mentoring Deans.

I'm also still trying to figure out why we had to rush a deadline & in the process eliminate a more experienced coach for a guy who has been available since march.
    I'll agree with the bolded, but gombau's pedigree of coaching at Barca is much more impressive than a journey assistant manager, which is what Stubbins has been.

And if I'm honest, the idea of him mentoring Zane is ludicrous and is my biggest issue with it. What can he teach Zane that anyone else couldn't have?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

you cant be suprised the club were talking out their arses?

Banned
    Firstly stop sneering at the Thai League.

These blokes rolled Brisbane in the ACL and the Thai club gave Victree an almighty run in their qualifier this year. Sure it may not have the profile of J League K League Chinese SuperLeague etc but like our country it is a growing professional League that with population base will quickly take off quicker than ours one day.

Add in the fact the Thai team have given the Socceroos some tough games shows that as a footballing nation they ain't ****ing mugs

I'll agree with the bolded, but gombau's pedigree of coaching at Barca is much more impressive than a journey assistant manager, which is what Stubbins has been.

And if I'm honest, the idea of him mentoring Zane is ludicrous and is my biggest issue with it. What can he teach Zane that anyone else couldn't have?
    I don't give a **** about him mentoring Zane, I care about what Stubbins is going to do with the club over the next 2 seasons

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    I don't give a **** about him mentoring Zane, I care about what Stubbins is going to do with the club over the next 2 seasons
    This x 8million. Far out brussels sprout. If we make the 6 finally (semi-realistic goal) first thing I'll be asking is if Zane has developed as a manager.