Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone League final series

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Word on the street is they have no Liqour license either. Celebrate a win with a raspberry cordial
    No liquor licence means you can bring your own eskies. That will cause more issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    No liquor licence means you can bring your own eskies. That will cause more issues.
    bring your own fridge

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    First finals series in three seasons and it's an absolute farce.

The zones only thinking about themselves with no thought whatsoever about the community clubs, volunteers, players and supporters. When will they realise that the game is not about them?
    Probably never, no wonder the Future of Football Review recommends their removal

Quote Originally Posted by Villians View Post
    Simple. Federation is going to war with NNSW, and no way they would allow their grand finals to be held at a NNSW club's ground. They're putting politics over what's best for the game. They need to be held accountable for this. There isn't a single club that would be satisfied with this, except for Maryland-Fletcher.
    Council own the grounds, not the clubs.

There is nothing stopping the Zones going to Newcastle Council, hiring Adamstown oval (as an example), running their own canteen & bar or tender it out to clubs for a fee. Anyone with an RSA can apply for a liquor licence on behalf of a club/association for the event. These things take time though & i'm confident that the Zones haven't thought of it and are planning on the run.

I'm surprised they don't have the RSA, there is the bar upstairs with window walls for perfect viewing

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    I'm surprised they don't have the RSA, there is the bar upstairs with window walls for perfect viewing
    Is that the community building that’s not available on GF days ? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by VelkiKurac View Post
    Is that the community building that’s not available on GF days ? 😂
    Haha probably

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Haha probably
    That’s what the email says sent to clubs today 🤦😂

Rumour is 3 clubs from Zone 2 can’t field teams for the Friday night GF should they make it. Requesting a move to the Saturday. 👀👀

Quote Originally Posted by VelkiKurac View Post
    Rumour is 3 clubs from Zone 2 can’t field teams for the Friday night GF should they make it. Requesting a move to the Saturday. 👀👀
    Common sense hopefully prevails. Hope then they move all games to decent grounds

The only thing worse than their decision-making is their unyielding stubbornness

The only thing worse than their decision-making is their unyielding stubbornness
    Amen.

Heaven forbid they admit they are wrong and try and make it right.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Amen.

Heaven forbid they admit they are wrong and try and make it right.
    Your not wrong. Lofty, I was chatting to a Dudley player this morning and he said Suns and Dudley approached the federation together to swap the days that they play the semi as Suns usually play Sat and Dudley Sun and even though both clubs agreed the got a hard no with no reason why. To me that’s mind blowing. Tell me that’s not true and they are so inflexible
    Last edited by The Hacker; 01-09-2022 at 03:00 PM.

Nothing surprises me with this mob. Firstly who would want to play out at Maryland fletcher? The quality of the surface is not to standard and it is certainly not a great ground to spectate from.

They would want to hope this decision is changed in due course, as a result they have wiped the players chances of playing at a npl ground for the biggest day of the year…

Does anyone know if they may be reversing their decision ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Nothing surprises me with this mob. Firstly who would want to play out at Maryland fletcher? The quality of the surface is not to standard and it is certainly not a great ground to spectate from.

They would want to hope this decision is changed in due course, as a result they have wiped the players chances of playing at a npl ground for the biggest day of the year…

Does anyone know if they may be reversing their decision ?
    Only way to have this possibly reversed, or at least have them explain themselves, is pressure. May start with Adamstown, Olympic and Magic posting an open letter stating their offer to host the grand finals.

Only way to have this possibly reversed, or at least have them explain themselves, is pressure. May start with Adamstown, Olympic and Magic posting an open letter stating their offer to host the grand finals.
    We all know they applied they do every year for the past 10yrs plus

Would an open letter from all clubs involved be a better option?

Someone can get into contact with everyone via the wet weather contacts or socials - they might not be the correct person at each club but they'd be able to point you in direction of presidents, coaches etc.

An open letter from all the clubs playing plus the clubs who are interested in hosting might go a long way?

There has to be more to it that any of us know, cause it's such a unusual decision to be made, especially at a time when they'd probably want most clubs on board with them at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Would an open letter from all clubs involved be a better option?

Someone can get into contact with everyone via the wet weather contacts or socials - they might not be the correct person at each club but they'd be able to point you in direction of presidents, coaches etc.

An open letter from all the clubs playing plus the clubs who are interested in hosting might go a long way?

There has to be more to it that any of us know, cause it's such a unusual decision to be made, especially at a time when they'd probably want most clubs on board with them at the moment.
    I think this is a great idea and one I’m sure all clubs involved in finals would happily sign. Judging by the reaction in this thread it appears everyone agrees unanimously in their disapproval of the chosen venue. Newcastle football have a great opportunity here to show that they actually do listen to their stakeholders so if you are reading this NF please do the right thing.

Looks as though it’s falling apart rapidly.

You can’t expect 4 teams that have played all year on a Sat/Sun to all of a sudden play Fri night with little notice.

I did though see an email, and please correct me if I’m wrong, saying they’ve got a RSA and security and they’ll supply ground officials.

I think they believe that will fix the problem.

Guarantee there will be issues with dressing sheds, parking is bad, terrible for viewing, run out of beer and food ( don’t start me on that hey Jardel) and let’s just see how good the field is end of Sunday after the weather.

To me it’s pretty simple.
    ZL 2 and 3 play out there Sat and Sun very comfortably.

ZL 1 and ZPL play Sat and Sun at either of the NPL grounds suggested.

I know there’s a lot of people not happy with our money going to NPL but in a pinch seems best idea. At least you get good facilities and people that can deal with the running of the day.

But hey thats just MY opinion.

In my opinion we could start by getting RH to explain the decision that they came to in the first place. How could anyone expect people to think this is a good thing for Zone League football.