Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2022 HIT Northern League One

Npl 1 - 8 teams. Snrs and Jnrs. 3 rounds
    Npl 2 - 8 teams. Snrs and Jnrs. 3 rounds

Week in week out this creates the most competitive games across the 16 teams.

Promote and relegate between the 2 every year. Without fail. No excuses and no safety nets.

After that ZPL - to ZL3 with promote and relegate.

Leave juniors unattached to zone leagues and to play in Inter-district.

Open up applications into Npl 2 every few years. But make criteria very clear. And if you meet it you go up. If Npl2 gets to big make a Npl 3.

If can't meet Npl 2 criteria drop back to zone leagues and Inter-district. Rebuild. That can be better for a club than being perennial bottom feeders. If they rebuild in afew years they can be back into Npl if can meet requirements.

It's seems at the moment there isn't enough players to play at the level required for npl/newfm commitments. And at the other end to many kids are dropping out of interdistrict cause npl and newfm suck up anyone who is remotely skilled.

Parents, private coaches/academies and clubs create and develop national level players. It's Northerns job to create the best environment and competition for these players to play in.

Anyway this issue comes up every few weeks. This is just my thoughts on it and how best to grow both ends of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post

Promote and relegate between the 2 every year. Without fail. No excuses and no safety nets.

Open up applications into Npl 2 every few years. But make criteria very clear. And if you meet it you go up. If Npl2 gets to big make a Npl 3.

If can't meet Npl 2 criteria drop back to zone leagues and Inter-district. Rebuild. That can be better for a club than being perennial bottom feeders. If they rebuild in afew years they can be back into Npl if can meet requirements.

It's seems at the moment there isn't enough players to play at the level required for npl/newfm commitments. And at the other end to many kids are dropping out of interdistrict cause npl and newfm suck up anyone who is remotely skilled.

Parents, private coaches/academies and clubs create and develop national level players. It's Northerns job to create the best environment and competition for these players to play in.

Anyway this issue comes up every few weeks. This is just my thoughts on it and how best to grow both ends of the game.
    This approach seems to be the preferred model of just about everyone on this forum. What a shame no one at NNSW Football takes any notice. What iceberg? Where?....
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

I like that, sensible approach to the solution.
    As you also say I still dont think there are enough kids per age group, 16 teams x #18/20 360ish, plus top 20 go to jets, but we have to start somewhere.

Northern we know you all read the forum, take some notes, make it your idea if you wish, we all dont care........just fix the problem or are the cash rewards to great...

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    I like that, sensible approach to the solution.
    As you also say I still dont think there are enough kids per age group, 16 teams x #18/20 360ish, plus top 20 go to jets, but we have to start somewhere.

Northern we know you all read the forum, take some notes, make it your idea if you wish, we all dont care........just fix the problem or are the cash rewards to great...
    Northern listen to the NPL clubs and NPL TDs too much who under this proposal of promotion and relegation (and I would hope separate for youth and seniors) as it would mean they would have to do their job in developing youth rather than just poaching the best players from lower teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Northern listen to the NPL clubs and NPL TDs too much who under this proposal of promotion and relegation (and I would hope separate for youth and seniors) as it would mean they would have to do their job in developing youth rather than just poaching the best players from lower teams.
    Geez, you still bleeting on about losing a couple of kids to better clubs? Dude - you got half your U12 team into TSP through Northern listening to TD's and coaches so the current system is working just fine for you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Berlin Wall View Post
    Geez, you still bleeting on about losing a couple of kids to better clubs? Dude - you got half your U12 team into TSP through Northern listening to TD's and coaches so the current system is working just fine for you.
    I am talking about the need for development. Perhaps if you focused on developing players and not just caring about wins you would be a better coach for kids

Minimum 10 teams in NPL. Minimum 8 in NPL2.

Youth decoupled. NPL youth 8-10 teams. NPL2 8-12 teams depending on what can be sustained.

I am talking about the need for development. Perhaps if you focused on developing players and not just caring about wins you would be a better coach for kids
    What about those kids who won't get the elite development from Northern because you took spots for your boys? real talk - you poached a few extra places by promising to bolster up the Northern coaching ranks so don't get all high and mighty buddy. We see you

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Minimum 10 teams in NPL. Minimum 8 in NPL2.

Youth decoupled. NPL youth 8-10 teams. NPL2 8-12 teams depending on what can be sustained.
    Still too diluted. 8 and 8 would give two strong comps.

But if you must have 18, make NPL2 the bigger.
    NPL1
    Jaffas
    Maitland
    Edgy
    Magic
    Charlestown
    Weston
    Olympic
    Cooks Hill

NPL2
    Valentine
    Adamstown
    Lakes
    Westy
    Kahibah
    Belswans
    New Lambton
    Southy
    Thornton
    Cessnock

Based on the last few years performance (i.e. fielding teams), ZPL for Wallsend, Toronto, Singo. They can win their way up if they are good enough and can meet the criteria
    If NPL2 produces strong enough teams, then go to 10 and 8 with room to expand if the talent is there and the new NPL2 teams exhibit a desire to develop players.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post

Agree with the 8 and 8. But another idea which I am not sure has been floated before is to keep NL1 but reduce the criteria and associated fees to allow strong ZPL teams to potentially be interested, maybe Mayfield, Dudley, Swansea (just name dropping) plus a couple of others. This could be an 8 team comp as well with say 1st, res, 18s and 16s.

While there wouldn't be any pro/rel it could potentially work as a stepping stone into NPL and reduce the gap between ZPL and NL1 that there is now.

Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by The Berlin Wall View Post
    What about those kids who won't get the elite development from Northern because you took spots for your boys? real talk - you poached a few extra places by promising to bolster up the Northern coaching ranks so don't get all high and mighty buddy. We see you
    Mate don't know what you're on about, and I think you have a serious reading comprehension problem. Probably because you know it's you everyone is laughing at for poaching players so you can win U11s

NPL1
    Jaffas
    Maitland
    Edgy
    Magic
    Charlestown
    Weston
    Olympic
    Cooks Hill

NPL2
    Valentine
    Adamstown
    Lakes
    Westy
    Kahibah
    Belswans
    New Lambton
    Southy
    Thornton
    Cessnock

Based on the last few years performance (i.e. fielding teams), ZPL for Wallsend, Toronto, Singo. They can win their way up if they are good enough and can meet the criteria
    If NPL2 produces strong enough teams, then go to 10 and 8 with room to expand if the talent is there and the new NPL2 teams exhibit a desire to develop players.
    And then have promotion and relegation. Separate for both youth and senior

And then have promotion and relegation. Separate for both youth and senior
    agreed

Sounds about right

Any trial results

Toronto Awaba v Cardiff tonight.

Former NPL keeper in goals, sorry not sure who it is, but name is shayne.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post

Guessing van As.

NL played Mayfield ZPL. Missed score as I was leaving but saw 3 goals to NL late.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post

How did this end up

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    NL played Mayfield ZPL. Missed score as I was leaving but saw 3 goals to NL late.
    Ended up 5-1 I think.