Page 117 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    As an Arsenal fan I am overwhelmingly happy that Liverpool got at least one loss ops:
    Arsenal only 1 win from the title spot ATM.
    we got this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I hear so much more from anti-Liverpool wankers going on about how painful it would be if they won than Liverpool fans

the thing is there aren't actually many Liverpool fans who think that they will win this year, here on this forum or anywhere else - the vast majority I talk to think that City will take this, they've got the squad depth that all that cash can buy them

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I expect there will be a raft of changes for Wolves on Saturday and give many of the essential players like Salah, Van Dijk, Robertson, Firmino a well deserved rest.
    i reakon hes suicidal doing that.

Citeh have just had their 'lean spell' over the past 6 odd games and are only 4 points off.
    Liverpool have their first hiccup and only 4 points in front.

they need to put the hammer down over the next few rounds and keep at least this gap.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

Citeh have just had their 'lean spell' over the past 6 odd games and are only 4 points off.

they need to put the hammer down over the next few rounds and keep at least this gap.
    The Wolves game is the FA Cup - that's Tuesday morning I think. I would rest them for the FA Cup and bring them back for Brighton the following weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned

City were on top of the table December 8

Thst less than 1 month ago and the title was all but Liverpools 1 day ago

Things change very quickly and I expecting Liverpool to drop points as the season goes on and the pressure magnifies on them

City were on top of the table December 8

Thst less than 1 month ago and the title was all but Liverpools 1 day ago

Things change very quickly and I expecting Liverpool to drop points as the season goes on and the pressure magnifies on them
    There's pressure on both teams. I think that intensifies for whoever has to play second on the match days. There's pressure to take the opportunity "catch up" if the team playing before drop points, at there's pressure to not have the gap increase if the team playing first win. It works both ways.

I also expect City will drop points too. Neither team is infallible
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 04-01-2019 at 12:20 PM.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

The Wolves game is the FA Cup - that's Tuesday morning I think. I would rest them for the FA Cup and bring them back for Brighton the following weekend.
    oh, yes that is a good plan.
    my bad.
    Seems like I am WRONG

There's pressure on both teams.
    plus, other teams have shown how to beat city, and thats to play as if youre ok to lose and go hell for leather.

sad part is Liverpool have the best squad in the league to do that and didnt really play that way today.

remember those games a few years back where Coutinho tore Kompany a new ass time and time again.
    fun stuff.

they played like a Brendan Rodgers team today. and thats not good.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    this has crossed the line into plain trolling - one more like this and you can take some time off the forum to go be obsessed with Liverpool through other channels
    Look at social media. Loads of fans of other clubs are celebrating this result. No one outside of liverpool and their fans want them to win it

they played like a Brendan Rodgers team today. and thats not good.
    That's why I expect the week break will do many of them a great deal of good. Start afresh - "welcome to the rest of the season". 2 games into the turn home and they've played City and Arsenal. That's a good thing! City can't play us again in the league.

Watch if Liverpool and City progress to the next UCL round and draw each other - I'd predict the winner will focus on the Champions league, the loser obviously goes all out for the League.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Look at social media. Loads of fans of other clubs are celebrating this result. No one outside of liverpool and their fans want them to win it
    I wouldn't mind, they are a good side.
    Also Stanny, how many weeks should Marcos Alonso get for his efforts v Southampton?

you cannot draw absolutes from social media.
    I'd argue you cant even find a true 'popular opinion' from social media.

get a new slant.
    Seems like I am WRONG

That's why I expect the week break will do many of them a great deal of good. Start afresh - "welcome to the rest of the season". 2 games into the turn home and they've played City and Arsenal. That's a good thing! City can't play us again in the league.

Watch if Liverpool and City progress to the next UCL round and draw each other - I'd predict the winner will focus on the Champions league, the loser obviously goes all out for the League.
    at any time in the last decade taking 3 points from Arsenal and Man City (away) would be a Liverpool wet dream.

if you look at it like City have to be perfect and Liverpool lose twice then everyone would favour Liverpool.

anyway know how many points ahead they were the 'Gerrard slip' season?
    didnt they beat City late(ish) in the season and everyone said it was over?
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    I wouldn't mind, they are a good side.
    Also Stanny, how many weeks should Marcos Alonso get for his efforts v Southampton?
    Haven't seen the game as Optus didnt have a replay and I was working. If your talking about his performances? He's been average for a little around a month now and Emerson should get a run
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Things balance out - Liverpool have had their luck over the last 18 months v Man City. It catches up with all teams.

Like the Adelaide pen last week balances out the crap handball the Jets got against them last year.

4 1/2 months of EPL still to play - leader at the turn of the year is just something for the media to create stories!

As for social media - anyone who believes that is an accurate measure of popular opinion just needs to look at who the president of the US is. Not a Liverpool fan but would be happy to see them win it - they have built a team without being too flamboyant with the spending.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 04-01-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Banned
    As I said in the other thread City will walk this. LP are having a decent go.

Cant work out why there's so many anti dickheads going on about LP. Havent won EPL ever. Must be their aids playing up.

Stanny, you need to learn about this funny thing called Humour. Intelligent people are saying these things in jest because they know what it will mean to the supporters of the 2nd largest club in England to win the Premier League again after so long. Idiots are saying it seriously because they can't have nice things.

It was the same with England at the world cup.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Over the years some of the most exciting games have been against City and Arsenal. Always look forward to those games.

You know both teams are gonna have a crack.

I’ve always said, it’s not how you do against the top 4/6. It’s how well you do against the bottom 14. Dropping points against them on a few occasions is what costs you.
    Top 6 will always take points off you.

And that’s what city do really well. They boss the bottom 14 teams. They literally have a chat about whether to make it 5 or 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Stanny, you need to learn about this funny thing called Humour. Intelligent people are saying these things in jest because they know what it will mean to the supporters of the 2nd largest club in England to win the Premier League again after so long. Idiots are saying it seriously because they can't have nice things.

It was the same with England at the world cup.
    Nah if you seriously think fans of the other prem clubs dont care about liverpool winning the prem after putting up with them winning everything in the 80s and then never shutting up about it then your sadly mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

I can't help thinking there's a bit of a sniff of 'divine right' about City these days.
    Leicester was a breath of fresh air...if only for 1 inhalation.