Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

My fans love flares, Portuguese ultras, clearly.

I've only managed in the A-League and internationally thus far but have noticed similar flare levels to FM13.

By 4-2-2-2 do you mean 2DM's 2 CM's, 2CM's 2 Wingers or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    I've only managed in the A-League and internationally thus far but have noticed similar flare levels to FM13.

By 4-2-2-2 do you mean 2DM's 2 CM's, 2CM's 2 Wingers or something else?
    Depends on how far back you have your CM's - whether you have them deep lying, becoming DMs and your LM and RM at normal positions, or have the CMs at the normal spot and LM and RMs become wingers. Or you have 2 DMs and 2 wingers and leave a huge hole.

Personally, I alternate between 4-4-2 diamond or a 1-3-1-2-1-2.
    Last edited by bigdan; 29-11-2013 at 02:32 PM.

GMG is having FM 2014 for $24 and with 7HZCA-EDBPW-WPX8X, the price is now $20.

Hows your save going Grimario?

Hows your save going Grimario?
    2020, into the Champions League with Caldas having won the Portuguese top flight last year. Not sure I can complete the pentagon challenge with this club, so likely moving at the end of this season despite quite liking the squad I am slowly assembling.

Picked up a left winger from the coastie scum labelled "The next Harry Kewell". True to form, he has spent half his career with me thus far injured

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    2020, into the Champions League with Caldas having won the Portuguese top flight last year. Not sure I can complete the pentagon challenge with this club, so likely moving at the end of this season despite quite liking the squad I am slowly assembling.

Picked up a left winger from the coastie scum labelled "The next Harry Kewell". True to form, he has spent half his career with me thus far injured
    No one from the coast could be as flashy as Kewell. Most likely a dud.

I won the CL with a team I took from lowest Spanish tier on FM13 so keep believing in your side unless u get a much better offer

No one from the coast could be as flashy as Kewell. Most likely a dud.

I won the CL with a team I took from lowest Spanish tier on FM13 so keep believing in your side unless u get a much better offer
    He's pretty good. 3 caps already at 21.

Bit slow for a winger but still good

In my save with Australia I'm 6 months away from the 2018 World Cup. Got drawn with Holland, Portugal and Mali. I took over the Wanderers and won the league last season as well. GVE is still at Jets (they won the league a few seasons ago). I won the East Asia Cup and AFF Championship but they're nothing tournaments

I'm still writing about it here http://community.sigames.com/showthr...orld-Cup-Glory

Bit slow for a winger but still good
    I don't play traditional wingers - mine are all defensive wingers.

I don't play traditional wingers - mine are all defensive wingers.
    fair enough. His mental attributes are great for that age

updated to 2014, slowly getting used to it... Had the usual performance of the jets with an 8th position in first season, scored most goals in the league but..... just always conceded with like 10 to go.. 2nd season started well in 3rd.. Just played victree who are place one. first 10 miniutes. Both my left sided players taken out by Nichols. Goodwin broken leg 7-8 months after actually playing really well this season, and my other german left aml lm out for 2 months... Are there any ways to like in current a league injury cover contracts?

Got Joel back on a free, banging in goals and setting them up too...
    Amigos Aarau

In the 2018 World Cup with Australia.
    In Group Stage: Beat Holland 1-0, beat Mali 2-1 (with 2nd string), beat Portugal 1-0
    I then lost to Argentina 4-3 in an epic 2nd round match

Started a career with the Jets as a Sunday League Footballer.

2013/14 Season: Regular Season: 7th, Finals: NA

Newcastle Jets

Pretty poor season, started strong winning my first 6/7 but faded toward the end of season due to lack of depth.

2014/15 Season: Regular Season: 4th, Finals: Preliminary

Newcastle Jets

Started with a clean out of the squads older players (Heskey, Kew, Zads, Boo-urns, BK. Basically the whole squad, brought in a few younger blokes and an older striker by the name of Edu. Quality player. Decent season, started strong and remained well placed in the top 4. Beat the coasties in the qualifying final, but got knocked out on pens by eventual champions Victory.

2015/16 Season: Regular Season: 1st, Finals: Champions

Newcastle Jets

Signed a number of quality regens including German Armin Stumph (18 y.o), right winger 5 stars. Brilliant player. Also signed Rukevetsya and young american cm. Killed the competition.

2016/17 Season: Regular Season: 1st, Finals: Runners Up, Champions League: Semi Finalists

Newcastle Jets

No new signings, kept the same team and system. Happy with the Premiership, but wanted back to back championships.

2017/18 Season: Regular Season: 3rd*, Finals: NA, Champions League Group Stage*

Newcastle Jets

Played four games then got offered a contract at Doncaster Rovers in the Skybet League 1

2017/18 Season: Regular Season: 18th*, Captial One Cup: 2nd Round, FA Cup: 3rd Round, Johnstones: 1st Round

Doncaster Rovers

Got signed mid season, very poor club had no time to build, only singing was Terry Antonis in the January transfer window. two months in charge brough the club from 22nd to 18th but was asked to resign from the chairman.

2018/19 Season: Regular Season: 5th, Captial One Cup: 1st round*, FA Cup: 1st round*

Hull City A.F.C

Got offered a two year deal at Hull who were just relagated from the premiership. I have cleaned out the roster, keeping only the quality players including Tom Huddlestone. Signed Stumpf from the Jets as well Australian Prodigy's Jamie McMaster and Matthew Hill, regens who were at the coasties. All together they cost $10 million. Brought in David Silva and Samir Nasri on free transfers to add experience and also singed 19 y.o Chinese left winger la ni for 2.3 million. Brought in Mark Miller from the Jets for 3.2 million who will be my starting right back.

Have played 5 games this season with 3 wins, one draw and a loss to southampton away. Hoping for PL qulaifaction.

I haven't played my PC for almost 3 weeks. I've forgotten my FM players names.

Downloaded the Handheld Version for a bit of fun. Really enjoying it. Took a bit of getting used to. I still really don't know what i'm doing to win/lose.
    Started unemployed with the A-league, Germany, England, France as my 4 (receive updates from these leagues) main databases.

Started off with Brisbane - from 10th, moved them up into 6th for the finals. Won every game and wont he GF. Lead them to a minor premiership the next year with a semi final of the asian champions league. Berisha got injured and we couldn't score goals (may i add the budgets are shit when you start). Got fired then I played ping pong with A-league clubs for 4 years achieving a Minor premiership with Perth and developing a **Youth player at 15yo** there.
    Eventually, i took a job with Olympique de Marseille. Bought my **Youth Player** and with their big budget/good team, i finished 2nd. I've now won the league 4 years in a row. my 15 yo from Perth in now worth $94M . This year I'm going for everything.

For anybody with the handheld game:
    A)how do you find it compares to PC?
    b) A "billionaire" keeps wanting to invest in my club every 2 months. My transfer budget is now up to $350M :S has this happened to anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    For anybody with the handheld game:
    A)how do you find it compares to PC?
    b) A "billionaire" keeps wanting to invest in my club every 2 months. My transfer budget is now up to $350M :S has this happened to anyone else?
    Pirated it, played it briefly then deleted. Absolutely horrible game compared to the real thing.

Pirated it, played it briefly then deleted. Absolutely horrible game compared to the real thing.
    Tried the real thing, but at the time Uni was building up, so i was in a bit of a rush to get through games etc. might give it another crack soon.