Page 42 of 72 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    I remember my 1st beer, I rambled on a bit too ����*♂️
    oh, your one of those fruitcakes. sorry i wasted that common sense post on you.

Ill ignore the trolling from now on. my mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    As I said no point having the weaker players play more time against players that are so good they won't touch the ball, it's better to have them play more time against teams where they will touch the ball. You're pretty much saying that if an U18 NNSWF NPL team plays against an EPL U18 team they will improve from it, they won't, they will just get smashed and won't learn anything.

I know if we won or lost, but I don't keep count if it is a blowout either way I forget.

You'll have to ask those clubs that

Also your posts are very shit, can you break up your thoughts rather than just present a rambling wall of text.
    Sorry I’m not here to write novels like you and reply to every sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    oh, your one of those fruitcakes. sorry i wasted that common sense post on you.

Ill ignore the trolling from now on. my mistake
    Try reading your comments back to yourself and see if they make sense before posting, that would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    Sorry I’m not here to write novels like you and reply to every sentence.
    Then why have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Yes NNSWF do keep scores and thats why they split the draw halfway through last season. But NNSWF would be well aware of the better teams in U10 and U11 already, and with some discussion with clubs could very easily devise a more competitive draw. I think everyone wants good competition, but that "good competition" means different things to different people. For most it probably means being competitive as a minimum.

I would like to see the best vs best in the first half of the draw, and then promotion/relegation (couldn't find a better term to describe it!) for a few teams for the second half of the season, maybe the top/bottom four teams. That would allow the strongest of the weaker teams the chance to play better teams in the second part of the season, and give those weaker teams in the initial stronger draw the chance to play teams more their level in the second. NNSWF could manage a ladder (not for public viewing) which helps manage this. I have done this sort of thing many times when running gala days - it is relatively straightforward.

I agree it is much more difficult with U9. But asking clubs to be realistic will help. If clubs say their team is A grade, but they get beaten heavily every week then parents at that club would lose trust and may take their kids away. Clubs want to keep as many players as they can because that generates the money to keep them afloat, so being upfront with parents is key. Clubs can offer development, nurture, family-club vs NPL aspirations. Parents know what they want for their kids and a club being honest about they goals helps a lot.
    Northern f@cked up but wud never admit it. Newcastle football and Macquarie grade comps in community from this age but Northern cant? They just don’t want 2 grade as it might meen clubs don’t put 2 teams in. Less money for northern. Less money 4 clubs to. Both to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    The draw is spot on... all teams must have the right to play each-other at least once, if this wasn't the case all the Social Justice Warriors would come out of the proverbial bushes claiming that Club X had an amazing U8's team in community and why shouldn't they be allowed to play against Magic or whoever in the SAP. ... it's today's society, if you discriminate against participation A Current Affair aint too far behind. But you can't have it both ways, participate then expect mercy because there is a big gulf in ability. Draw is only done for round 1 then will be separated, but someone must be keeping scores?

Totally Agree... if it was streamed before a ball was kicked by NNSWF who makes that call, how, is objectivity maintained? Players drop out, move teams, players move to Newcastle from Sydney and interstate...

If a team played against my team that was that much better than mine i would expect them to be ruthless. Otherwise, my kids would not know the gulf in focus and ability of kids that are better, and be able to strive and pressure their own comfort zone for their own development. Be honest with your kids stop making excuses for them... its not unlucky, not bad reffing, not poor facilities, not corona virus.... just... not good enough...
    LOL. Draw spot on?!? You been smoking that good stuff bro! 🤣

Ruthless coach = kids who hate soccer. U don’t want ur team getting smashed every week cos they ain’t learning anything. If u a coach u get the kids u get - I ain’t guaranteed 10 Messi. Northern gotta split that draw or grade teams or the hole thing gonna turn to sh@t. It aint Rocket science

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    It aint Rocket science
    Apparently spelling and grammar is.

Apparently spelling and grammar is.
    U a big man Goatcheese. U don’t no me. I lived on the streets at 12 yrs, been working solid since then, 35 yrs man & boy. Didn’t get no education & now just working for my family. This ain’t no sob story but u don’t no sh1t & I bet u yr last dollar u would not say sh1t 2 my face. Keep it 2 soccer bro.

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    U a big man Goatcheese. U don’t no me. I lived on the streets at 12 yrs, been working solid since then, 35 yrs man & boy. Didn’t get no education & now just working for my family. This ain’t no sob story but u don’t no sh1t & I bet u yr last dollar u would not say sh1t 2 my face. Keep it 2 soccer bro.
    No one asked for your life story.

At least we know that you're as thick as a plank when you spout your ignorant opinions on here.

At least we know that you're as thick as a plank when you spout your ignorant opinions on here.
    I think YewYew had it right when he said keep it to soccer.

Lets move on......

U wanna no my story? I’m a ****ing millionaire. No education but worked hard made my money & got out. I don’t need to answer to muppets like u. U wanna talk to me face 2 face ask around Argenton. Bill’s the name. Easy to find. ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I think YewYew had it right when he said keep it to soccer.

Lets move on......
    Sorry buddy - don’t mean to shit all over yr forum. Best I don’t post no more b4 I say something I regret.

Our club (via NNSW) says no football until 31st May.But they are aiming to run the season through into summer to give the kids maximum amount of games possible.i think thats a good idea and have no problem with them playing in summer obviously the heat factor is an issue.hopefully they utilise daylight savings and play night games and if they need to cram everything in why not midweek fixtures the kids are training anyway substitute games instead it shouldnt matter too much.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Our club (via NNSW) says no football until 31st May.But they are aiming to run the season through into summer to give the kids maximum amount of games possible.i think thats a good idea and have no problem with them playing in summer obviously the heat factor is an issue.hopefully they utilise daylight savings and play night games and if they need to cram everything in why not midweek fixtures the kids are training anyway substitute games instead it shouldnt matter too much.
    Will now be 1st July at the earliest with the new stay at home laws in place for 90 days minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Will now be 1st July at the earliest with the new stay at home laws in place for 90 days minimum.
    Going to be longer than that, they are still talking about 6 month haul.

And who knew Argenton was millionaires row.

As I said no point having the weaker players play more time against players that are so good they won't touch the ball, it's better to have them play more time against teams where they will touch the ball. You're pretty much saying that if an U18 NNSWF NPL team plays against an EPL U18 team they will improve from it, they won't, they will just get smashed and won't learn anything.

I know if we won or lost, but I don't keep count if it is a blowout either way I forget.

You'll have to ask those clubs that

Also your posts are very shit, can you break up your thoughts rather than just present a rambling wall of text.

Hi guys. Sorry I've been off here for a while - unsurprisingly the whole COVID-19 plague has got in the way a bit.

I thought this debate about playing time and weaker/stronger players was really good - very interesting to hear different coaches approaches. It got a bit spoiled at the end with the petty insults - which seems to be a theme on this message board unfortunately!! - but the points made were valuable.

I personally would lean towards playing stronger players versus stronger players and using the "easier" games to give the weaker players more game time. I take Doopche's point about working on the weaker players though - but I think the place for this is probably on the training ground and not against players more advanced at this stage. But I suspect all approaches talked about have pluses and minuses - I think it is great you guys think so deeply about it. The key is to have guys like you coaching them with passion and instilling a love for the game. Keep it up!

What have the different clubs been doing during the COVID lockdown? I know coaches at our club have been sending out some drills for the children to try. Have clubs been developing individual plans for the players? I guess it would be quite hard at this age to give individual plans, but I'd love to hear how different clubs are approaching it.

Stay safe!

A

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    What have the different clubs been doing during the COVID lockdown? I know coaches at our club have been sending out some drills for the children to try. Have clubs been developing individual plans for the players? I guess it would be quite hard at this age to give individual plans, but I'd love to hear how different clubs are approaching it.
    Our TD sent out individual things for our players to do both a SAP one and a Youth one. It's nothing major just a couple different exercises each week, he did it for the initial four weeks that we were going to be off but he said he plans to send another one out to cover till the end of May. No idea how many of the players are doing it, know a couple are but hopefully most are, if we do come back we probably won't have too many weeks to get ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    I find it really strange that the FFA/Northern have still set a 'return date' before those 90 days would be up.

Our TD sent out individual things for our players to do both a SAP one and a Youth one. It's nothing major just a couple different exercises each week, he did it for the initial four weeks that we were going to be off but he said he plans to send another one out to cover till the end of May. No idea how many of the players are doing it, know a couple are but hopefully most are, if we do come back we probably won't have too many weeks to get ready.
    I think the TDs at our club have been finding which content to send quite difficult. The drills on the Northern website are quite limited, and the Federation ones also. There are thousands of You Tube videos out there but most are tricks and flicks and not much substance.

I think the hope at ours is that this is like an extended summer break and having the children kicking a ball at all is good. We all hope that the season can extend into summer and then will roll straight into next season. If that happens the kids could be pretty sharp for season 2021!!

A

Our club has sent through a bunch of basic drills.they have been a good break from school work so my son is getting some work in.im not all that stressed about not keeping in tip top shape as majority of kids once they get back on the park will get up to speed pretty quickly.one silver lining is it has emphasised how much my son loves football and his SAP team.hes been looking at the draw on weekends to see who they would have been playing.sadly this is the part of the draw where they were due to play all their best opponents so hes really bummed out they didnt get that shot.hopefully all the kids understand when they get back how privileged they are that they get to play football on the weekends in such a good environment.they will be back eventually and hopefully get a good run through the later months of the year.