Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: All jets games to the end of the 20/21 season

I’m okay with the draw and not pushing. I don’t think we looked likely nor deserved 2 more points.
    I’m okay to take a point and say alright guys, no losing streak, you got a point, let’s build.
    More interested in next few weeks, if we can build.
    We look impressive in some moments, but then absolute trash in others.

There may be a bunch of sad bastards in here that will support this sh*tshow to the end, but there are an increasing number of football fans who are voting with their feet at the sub-par performances that are getting progressively worse under Deans and I'm more worried that if we have no fans because we don't try to win we are in deep sh*t come end of season when the owners have to decide if the team really is viable, when the crowds get down to 1500 we'll see how attractive selling the licence to a Wollongong or Canberra will be to these guys who don't have any sentimentality about Newcastle's proud footballing history yada yada yada.

We've gone from mid to lower table hopefuls punching above our weight for the first part of the season who looked like there may be some sort of game plan happening - even if it was an artefact of last season's plan - to being nailed on favourites for the spoon with a coach whose best tactics are telling his players to park the bus which almost cost us the draw because if there's one thing we've show in recent games is we aren't any good at parking the f*cker, there's too many holes at the back when we go defensive mode, we may as well kick the ball in the net for the other team and be done with it.

I'm starting to worry putting a numpty like Deans in charge was a guarantee for failure and excuse to sell the licence to a new franchise, his brand of football is already turning the punters away slowly but surely, were they anticipating he couldn't do it so it would make their job easier to pull the plug?
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    There may be a bunch of sad bastards in here that will support this sh*tshow to the end, but there are an increasing number of football fans who are voting with their feet at the sub-par performances that are getting progressively worse under Deans and I'm more worried that if we have no fans because we don't try to win we are in deep sh*t come end of season when the owners have to decide if the team really is viable, when the crowds get down to 1500 we'll see how attractive selling the licence to a Wollongong or Canberra will be to these guys who don't have any sentimentality about Newcastle's proud footballing history yada yada yada.

We've gone from mid to lower table hopefuls punching above our weight for the first part of the season who looked like there may be some sort of game plan happening - even if it was an artefact of last season's plan - to being nailed on favourites for the spoon with a coach whose best tactics are telling his players to park the bus which almost cost us the draw because if there's one thing we've show in recent games is we aren't any good at parking the f*cker, there's too many holes at the back when we go defensive mode, we may as well kick the ball in the net for the other team and be done with it.

I'm starting to worry putting a numpty like Deans in charge was a guarantee for failure and excuse to sell the licence to a new franchise, his brand of football is already turning the punters away slowly but surely, were they anticipating he couldn't do it so it would make their job easier to pull the plug?

Bang on with everything there Turbo.

Our quartet of overlords did not make there cash operating like some sort of benevolent society. They are not going to continue pumping funds into a enterprise that requires too many $$$$$$ spent on it and not get a acceptable return on investment " when " and " if " they can find another victim to flip it to.

The moment this club as a whole adds less value to the League than a new license would or could we are gone. If the last home game attendance figure or the 50% drop in membership in one single season coupled with on field performances has not rammed reality home i am f%^&#d as too what will.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not happy with a draw, but I can understand why we settled. Can you imagine if we pushed for a winner and conceded? I doubt there would be too many thrilled people on here, there would be complaining about an 8 game losing streak, poor tactics from Deans to chase a win that we didn’t deserve after a lucky penalty and the fact we didn’t get a point when we had one for the taking.

12k, 9k, 7k and now 4K are the averages for the last 4 years.
    Higher crowd averages than western and MacArthur who you’d have to expect are in their honeymoon phase trying to bed down members.
    You could also argue these are affected by Covid. victory went from averaging 17k last year to 7k this year. The leagues crowds in general are pretty low compared to previous years.

I think as a community, we have showed that if there’s a team that fights and is successful (more important), they will attract a healthy support. Too many disappointing seasons and nothing really positive has happened. Best things from the last 2 years are Roy re-signing, Yuel being a forward that scores goals for a few weeks and a gold kit. I think the numbers for MacArthur and western show that another franchise doesn’t exactly bring better figures or more support the way the WSW gang did.

The league itself is at a big crossroads. Honestly, I’m not sure it can thrive. When your crossroads coincides with a pandemic, it makes things difficult.
    Imo, that Manchester United Rumour could provide a bit of a lift for the league and bring in some profile players.
    That said, we should be selling our pandemic life here. Had dinner with a friend out from UK and they were absolutely amazed that it was business as usual. Surely there’s a market for some players who want out of their restricted and diseased regions.

I raised the issue of low crowds and members slowly falling off being a factor for any new owners on Facey but was pretty much shot down. Don't know why people don't think it's an issue

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    I raised the issue of low crowds and members slowly falling off being a factor for any new owners on Facey but was pretty much shot down. Don't know why people don't think it's an issue
    All depends how they see it and how the current owners view it.
    Do Current owners see it as a 10k members club or a 5k membership club potential and likewise for a potential buyer.
    The population has grown, history shows that fans are reasonably loyal and patriotic when at least off the field happenings seem good spirited and I don’t see any reason why we can’t attract 10k members in the future with a competitive team and off field security.

The current poor numbers are due to
    a) covid and uncertainty surrounding crowd attendance during the membership drive. Most of the clubs membership would be renewals and when there’s no crowds and a threat of no crowds throughout the season, they hold off and there’s been zero on field reason to renew.
    B) squad. Average squad. Nobody expected us to do anything special this season.
    C) losing you coach and Ibini saga leaves a poor taste
    D)related to C and B, our future is up in the air, owner didn’t want us, didn’t invest, talks of folding, nobody is gonna put down membership with this basket case.

Fix this and I think we are at least a 5k membership club easily.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Because they delusional and have quickly forgotten our current overlords took this place over as a flip it opportunity.

At some point when the flip it value is not worth there time and effort they will walk away and recover there costs from FA selling a license sale to another region.

One would have to be really naive to think those types of discussions have not already taken place between FA and those other bidders who missed out in the past to assess whether there interest still remained and what they were prepared to offer for a license. All smart business people have options ready to go with.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Because they delusional and have quickly forgotten our current overlords took this place over as a flip it opportunity.

At some point when the flip it value is not worth there time and effort they will walk away and recover there costs from FA selling a license sale to another region.

One would have to be really naive to think those types of discussions have not already taken place between FA and those other bidders who missed out in the past to assess whether there interest still remained and what they were prepared to offer for a license. All smart business people have options ready to go with.
    Exactly my line of thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    The current poor numbers are due to
    a) covid and uncertainty surrounding crowd attendance during the membership drive. Most of the clubs membership would be renewals and when there’s no crowds and a threat of no crowds throughout the season, they hold off and there’s been zero on field reason to renew.
    B) squad. Average squad. Nobody expected us to do anything special this season.
    C) losing you coach and Ibini saga leaves a poor taste
    D)related to C and B, our future is up in the air, owner didn’t want us, didn’t invest, talks of folding, nobody is gonna put down membership with this basket case.
    e) Hiring Deans was a signal to fans to switch off for now. It was a decision that this season does not matter.

Hard to see any positives drawing with Perth when Castro was absent through injury.

The Jets basically folded when Martin Lee had the licence stripped from him. If the FFA wanted to hand the licence to anyone else they would have right then and there.

BUT, all those teams who were lining up have lost money during Covid and don't have the funds ready any more. So the other 4 teams stepped in to save us in order to keep the TV rights and stuff. Basically they stood to lose more by letting us fold than it cost to run us for a season on a shoe string. WSW have even worked out they can pick up a few first team players to cover the costs further.

So once this season is done and the talks begin for next season there are 3 choices. Sell us to a potential owner and cover back most of the costs for this current season. Fold us and sell the licence to another team and cover back most of the costs of this season. Keep bankrolling us for another year until option 1 or 2 become feasible.

Option 1 and 2 both net them the same funds, but they know we are an area that can attract crowds. So if given the choice, they'd obviously choose to keep us. We just need to hope that a new owner can be found before another team wanting a licence can rummage up the cash to pay the fee. Simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Hard to see any positives drawing with Perth when Castro was absent through injury.
    Yeah, I mean a team with Fornaroli, Ikonomidis, Chianese, Kilkenny and Keogh are much worse than ours. Lmao.

They scored 18 goals in the first 6 games with Garcia in charge. Then they obviously tried to tighten up at the back and lost their forward impetus. Us opening up completely with their Ikonomidis and Chianese back would have been suicide. Castro or not they are a strong side.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

When were going well sure crowds pick up and decently as well but I remember the year we made the GF under Merrick, end of the season before finals we lost a few games in a row and crowds once again dropped off a fair bit. We were even guaranteed finals at that point and it wasn't enough.

Perth had a 1-1 draw with the most out of form team in the competition.

Not only that but an out of form team with key players unavailable through injury.

If Castro played they would have destroyed us.

I just hope our boys believe they too can concede 7 goals today.

Bloody victory... think they can take OUR spoon. Bloody entitled they are
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I’ll never really understand why we can’t wear our home kit sometimes.
    I’ve never paid too much attention though.
    But tonight seems silly that both teams are rocking light tops and dark bottoms while our home kit would be more contrasting imo.

Would also like to point out that shorts obviously don’t fall into the “kit clash” debate anymore. Lots of navy vs black combos been going on this season.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 19-04-2021 at 05:54 AM.

Just watching mimi match now.
    Yet another debutant handed a goal, Jackson with a moment of disorientation to forget.
    Nice placement Stevie UG. Not easy from that distance.
    82 min...Oh Roy. Coulda been the steal of the season.

Another point further from that Dark Bloo sh!t show down Sth but worried a 'change in coach' might herald enuf change to jump us.

Just noting that Angus Thurgate, Roy O'Donovan and Matt Millar are all 1 yellow card away from a week on the pine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Just noting that Angus Thurgate, Roy O'Donovan and Matt Millar are all 1 yellow card away from a week on the pine.
    What’re the odds Deans will still play them if they’re suspended?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out