Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Members Forum

I think they are spot on with pre submitted questions. If members want some answers to their concerns and some research to be undertaken to answer their questions then pre submission is a good way for this to be achieved. If members wish to get on their soap box then an open slather forum is the go.

Quote Originally Posted by tha_hauss View Post
    How do you guys all know this? OK, I concede the point about registering questions but I find it incredible that we are so willing to prevent or restrict an "opening to the floor". Sure, I know many Jets supporters who are windbags but I would trust most of them to speak in the best interests of the club. Just let em at it. I trust them and should I be proven wrong, so be it.
    I've chaired similar scenarios in various workplaces. Following such a turbulent and emotional period people feel they had no control and want to vent....simple human nature. I would guarantee the majority of open slather comments would just highlight a past issue, pointout a scapegoat and offer no solution.
    Once the peanut gallery chip in a two minute question can escalate to 10 mins.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    If questions are pre-submitted, doesn't this allow the club to prepare responses so people can get answers? Doing so will allow more time for expansion and follow up questions. Realistically, there will be common themes that come up during the night. I want as many questions asked as we can and this may be a medium with which it is achieved.

I actually want them to speak. I want to hear what they have planned and what is in the works. It can't be them sitting up on a stage just copping a barrage of abuse.

I'm heading into this with an open mind and have asked a number of questions on the registration form. I'm going to adjust my approach to suit how the club and FFA choose to run their forum so that my point is made.
    I totally disagree that the Forum is an opportunity for US to listen to THEM.

If they wish to communicate with us call a press conference and get the word out via NBN Newy Herald Fox Sports SBS Social Media etc.
    Either that or Gallop can email us all like he does every other week with FFA spam anyways

Reality is the FFA have plenty of methods to COMMUNICATE with US. If this is just gonna be a meeting where they sit up on stage and tell us how it will be why call it a FAN FORUM??

As for them needing time to pre prepare answers. My question is why??

They will be making the decisions on our behalf whether we like it or not. I would also offer that most of these decisions are already made already and **** all we say or do will change them.
    The other aspect to this is the questions we ask should not be taking preparation time for a response. It isn't a share holders meeting where the board need to research as to why a Multi National Company blew $8.26 million in West Papua in a failed pursuit and the reasons why.

The FFA should be knowing HOW they are going to be running the club and if they don't GOD HELP US

Any queries on the Tinkler reign financials and logistics should be being palmed off anyway on confidentiality grounds(ie they know but can't divulge to the public) or are for Tinkler to answer and not them.

The fact it is a 2 hour meeting on one night and that appears all we are getting does not impress me. It impresses me even less that the meeting will be dictated by the chosen questions.

There are some issues here that I feel are important and need to be heard. There is no guarantee they will be with the model we have been given when the ones with power choose the questions and can put questions they don't wish to deal with in the bin and fill the night up with talking about shit that isn't that important

submit them through the method the club requested, give them the chance to answer them. If they don't, ask them on the night, if that doesn't happen, pass them on to us and we will ask them through the sub-committee.

Just don't not ask the question based on the assumption they won't answer.

Out of interest, what do you want ask?
    Last edited by GazFish35; 06-06-2015 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    submit them through the method the club requested, give them the chance to answer them. If they don't, ask them on the night, if that doesn't happen, pass them on to us and we will ask them through the sub-committee.

Well said.

Banned

Ok now this question perplexes me.

I have thoughts on a subject but actually expressing the thing is a bit of an issue. Whether what I have on my mind is a question I don’t believe but more so a statement of an opinion.

I though don’t believe it is for the sub committee or even the Newcastle Jets Club but more so to be aimed at the FFA.

To explain it I will start forgive the rambling as I am basically expressing it and developing it in context as it goes.

A lot of the issues that have been raised to me are of not that great an importance. Colours Community Engagement etc. Not knocking them as they do have merits but the only issue I really see worthy of discussing at this point in time is our FUTURE ownership structure.

Newy Football has a long and distinguished history of ****ing up our football clubs due to our ownership structure and management of clubs.

We have constantly shot ourselves in the foot by our inability to get our ownership structure right.
    I think we all agree the one rich man bankrolling it is a disaster waiting to happen after Tinkler/Con/ David Hall etc

Whilst ever the money is available she will work to an extent but the inevitable will happen.

As for foreign ownership. No issue with a foreign interest having some ownership. The amount of it though should always be limited to a certain percent.
    Northern Spirit in the NSL is a classic example of what goes wrong. Even bankrolled by a well known international club in Glasgow Rangers eventually the money runs out. The situation in Brisbane is also another concern as the Bakrie group have had financial issues and as a result the owners have tightened the noose at the club. Melburn Heart may well be enjoying the interest of Man City investment group at present but what happens in 3-4 years when the owner just sees himself pissing money into a black hole as the excitement and interest wanes??

As for Thompson I have some severe concerns about him being given the 100% control of the club. How he has worked things at Dundee Utd will not work here. We have massive financial costs to run a HAL Club and even his management techniques applied here will not stop the financial losses completely. They may well reduce the deficit but he will have to rely on selling players. Problem is that is not a sustainable model for success

Until the FFA address the Ownership issues of clubs with a diverse group of investors (Multiple owners like 5-6 of them) the situation of instability with ownership will not be resolved.

Central to this I feel fan ownership is an area the FFA need to embrace ASAP.
    I feel they missed a chance with the WSW bandwagon they had going to set an example.

A problem I see with our current ownership structures is that we are basically a franchise and not a CLUB. This needs to be addressed.

Last season saw terrible on field and off field issues afflict our club and it leaves the fans with a position of hopelessness and futility. We have absolutely no say at all in changing anything at our club. If the issues with Tinkler and cash issue hadn’t of transpired lets face it we are ponying up next season with Muppet and 4k of Members and more of the same. It is fortune rather than anything else that has seen our plight reversed.

Buying control of the club is an option but the costs involved make it prohibitive. The costs to run a club in this country are a ****ing joke and need addressing. The fact that only one club makes a profit and 9 other clubs run at losses in the millions of $$ is a structural issue to do with the game and league that needs addressing from the FFA urgently.

The fans buying an interest in the club though has so many positives.
    Firstly the financial aspects of the club are then public knowledge and not a hidden secret.

Secondly it allows for accountability. Our club under a 1 man owner has had no need to be accountable to anyone. The fans interests and thoughts then have an avenue to be respected

Thirdly it then allows fans to have a legitimate say in the club. We may well be referred to as members but we are not members. It is just a fancy term for season ticket holder.

Every other football club in the Hunter region operates on a democracy situation. You wish to run the club put your hand up and run it. You don’t do it well your peers vote you out.

In my wallet I have half a dozen registered club Memberships. With these I can as a Member use the facilities, run for the board vote for the board etc.

I would like to have this to be part of my Football Club. Clubs in the NSL like Melbourne Knights South Melbourne Sydney Olympic etc operate under these structures.

I wish that we actually became a club and not a franchise where Membership actually provides a say in the club.

As for money quite frankly I am more than prepared to open my wallet and contribute to this. I fail to see why we can not raise our Membership fees and actually turn it into a true Membership not a season ticket.

10000k Members increase their Membership fees at $100 a head and that gives you $1 million a season. That is more than plenty to fund a fan ownership model to give a decent percentage to get it off the ground. In time the Fans Co Op should look at increasing stake

The FFA have it in their power to embrace the only true OWNER of the Newcastle Jets. Not some fat **** in Singapore or whoever is picking up the tab. Embrace the one true owner of the club the only one who will NEVER SURRENDER on the them .

That be US the FANS

It needs to be made to happen.

It's a great concern..... One many share and discussions are happening... The more who raise it with the FFA and club as an issue the more likely it is to be taken Seriously...

So ask them....

What ownership structures are being investigated beyond the current models being used in the league... Models that clearly are not viable long term... Do you, the FFA realize the massive potential positives involved in a part fan ownership model? As a matter of urgency can you the FFA start investigating these possibilities as an owenersship structure for our club. Please contact me if you'd like more details... Signed Mfks
    Last edited by GazFish35; 06-06-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Or even refer them to the New Dawn article on the front page of this website. Which basically calls for what you said.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    It's a great concern..... One many share and discussions are happening... The more who raise it with the FFA and club as an issue the more likely it is to be taken Seriously...

So ask them....

What ownership structures are being investigated beyond the current models being used in the league... Models that clearly are not viable long term... Do you, the FFA realize the massive potential positives involved in a part fan ownership model? As a matter of urgency can you the FFA start investigating these possibilities as an owenersship structure for our club. Please contact me if you'd like more details... Signed Mfks
    I don't so much think it is a question though.

I feel the FFA's stance is not towards this model judging by their complete reluctance to embrace it on the past. If they were ever gonna embrace it when WSW were up for sale the opportunity was there and they chose not to even touch it.

Asking them their opinions on ownership structures I do feel will be pointless.

I would expect them to start up and answer the question and touch on it in a general way and distancing themselves by pointing out reasons why it may not work to discredit it add in a couple of clichés and they will have answered the question and basically fobbed it off and shot it down.

I Feel it is better given to them as an opinion for them to take on board.

I believe they will need some massive convincing to change their thoughts and reverse their position on Fan Ownership.

I also believe that if a proposal was put to them of fans getting even a 10% stake in the club and them agreeing to it is at about 1000-1 regardless of what people think on the matter and what we as fans are prepared to do regardless of how professional a plan we had

Sweet. So give up on it. Keep talking about on the internet and keep being frustrated that nothing changes.

Assume nothing ever changes.
    Make no action towards change based on that assumption.
    Keep assuming nothing changes.

It's a new dawn.
    we've got no owner, there's no con doing things his way. There's no Nathan doing things his way.
    We have no owner, we have the FFA asking us what we want our club to look like, we are about to have forums with the current CEO and head of the a-league present, they are askng us for input. Let's not waste this chance by assuming they won't listen.

Be loud, be proud, be heard. It could be the making of us.

I for one will be quite forward in my view that we simply HAVE to have a partial stake in the ownership of the club going forward.

Member you kind of sound like you want it all done your way yet you want the FFA to do it all for you.

life don't work like that.

Besides I don't ever want to see the day when you're happy about anything.
    The Foz would lose some of its lustre.

Much better when you're hating 24/7.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Member you kind of sound like you want it all done your way yet you want the FFA to do it all for you.

life don't work like that.

Besides I don't ever want to see the day when you're happy about anything.
    The Foz would lose some of its lustre.

Much better when you're hating 24/7.
    Why wouldn't I want things done my way??
    They would at least be done right

Probably a case of a bit of realistic pessimism about it being a glass is half empty guy.

I expect a lot of it just to be lip service from the FFA.

The decisions that are to be made will not be made by the fans but by them.

Hopefully we can get some of our ideas through and implemented. I just ain't holding my breath that a lot will be implemented by them that they were not planning on doing anyway or will change what they already had planned cause we raised another solution

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I totally disagree that the Forum is an opportunity for US to listen to THEM.

If they wish to communicate with us call a press conference and get the word out via NBN Newy Herald Fox Sports SBS Social Media etc.
    Either that or Gallop can email us all like he does every other week with FFA spam anyways

Seriously ????

You'd rather hear about what's happening with the club via an email ?

This is the opportunity to hear what is happening directly from the horses mouth.

Give me a face to face meeting anytime.

The forum should be a two way street. This is now a "team" effort to turn this around and we're all part of the solution.

supporter ownership = too many cooks. nice to have a say to improve game day experiences or give opinion BUT when the ass starts falling out and team is losing, fans will be blueing each other or we'll be calling for new coach after every loss. would be good value to watch

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Seriously ????

You'd rather hear about what's happening with the club via an email ?

This is the opportunity to hear what is happening directly from the horses mouth.

Give me a face to face meeting anytime.

The forum should be a two way street. This is now a "team" effort to turn this around and we're all part of the solution.
    No its not that I want them to send us an email.

I just don't think a fan forum is the place for them to run their mouths telling us how it is and the fans listening.

To me its the other way around

The fan with an opinion runs their mouths and EVERYONE there listens

If the FFA wish to communicate with us don't call it a Fan Forum call it an info night with updates on the situation of the club.

They are representing it as something completely different if it is just gonna be the FFA up running through what they are doing and
    the fans are just there to be TOLD

But we aren't just there to be told.
    We are encouraged to submit questions.

But we aren't just there to be told.
    We are encouraged to submit questions.
    yep, submitted questions gives the club a chance to give a substantial reply.

Member, when I said I want them to talk I didn't mean the whole time. I meant they talk as well as us. It's a forum, not a lecture.

If is is put the words "as well" in my post I reckon I could have spared the whole afternoon of debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Member, when I said I want them to talk I didn't mean the whole time. I meant they talk as well as us. It's a forum, not a lecture.

If is is put the words "as well" in my post I reckon I could have spared the whole afternoon of debate.
    Let that be a lesson to you to include "as well" in all future posts from you then