Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Football on TV & TV rights thread V2.0

Geez this Paramount + going well, Not even a fixture tab to watch the Smurfs v Cows game in the P+ App at the completion of the City v Reds game on Free To Air 10.

Dead set abortion. If you were a organization paying for exposure of your brand on this platform you would be banging on doors asking for a pro rata refund til they get there shit together. The broadcast quality was barely an improvement on last week let alone the rubbish clunky app.
    Last edited by 380; 28-11-2021 at 12:47 AM.

If you're using that Google crap for streaming 380, buy yourself a Xmas present and get an Apple box. No phone needed. They're not perfect but much better than Google. I agree about trying to find games on Para/10 is a pain in the arse.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Is there any extended highlights now in the current broadcasting landscape? I quite enjoyed the mini matches from last year - 3 minute highlights showing goals only just doesn't do it for me.

Yes. Paramount has mini matches that are 15 to 25 minutes each

I couldn't see an option to watch from the start once the game had started. Kayo had it and I probably used it more than live last year
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Yes. Paramount has mini matches that are 15 to 25 minutes each
    How long do these take to go up normally? Next morning, ~24 hours?
    How do I navigate to them?
    I found it a little tough to even find the live match - besides the featured thing on the front page which I'm assuming may have only been there for round 1, I couldn't manually navigate to the game anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    How long do these take to go up normally? Next morning, ~24 hours?
    How do I navigate to them?
    I found it a little tough to even find the live match - besides the featured thing on the front page which I'm assuming may have only been there for round 1, I couldn't manually navigate to the game anywhere.
    Not sure when they go up.
    I type “a league” into the search bar. Then click the icon. Then across the top there’s a match replays, mini matches, highlights and about tab.

On that, last weeks mini matches were around 16-18 minutes. Now they are all pretty much bang on 24 minutes.
    I’d like to think they made them longer based on feedback.

Early days for them, so willing to give them some slack for a few more weeks but the:
    App needs some refining if they want it to be easily navigated.
    Pause and rewind functions
    Start from Beginning function.
    In general improve the reliability of the stream.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 29-11-2021 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    On that, last weeks mini matches were around 16-18 minutes. Now they are all pretty much bang on 24 minutes.
    I’d like to think they made them longer based on feedback.

Early days for them, so willing to give them some slack for a few more weeks but the:
    App needs some refining if they want it to be easily navigated.
    Pause and rewind functions
    Start from Beginning function.
    In general improve the reliability of the stream.
    Streaming quality on Saturday was horrendous

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Streaming quality on Saturday was horrendous
    Jets game was perfect at 50fps (best on P+ so far) but the sound went for 10 mins.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Jets game was perfect at 50fps (best on P+ so far) but the sound went for 10 mins.
    It was the best image quality to date but only when it was working fine. At least a dozen and a half times the refresh circle appeared and then we had the extended audio out . The Victory v Roar game was atrocious pic quality.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    It was the best image quality to date but only when it was working fine. At least a dozen and a half times the refresh circle appeared and then we had the extended audio out . The Victory v Roar game was atrocious pic quality.
    No problem with the image here. Didn't notice the sound, but then we had it turned down as we had people over to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    No problem with the image here. Didn't notice the sound, but then we had it turned down as we had people over to watch.
    Yeah, I was watching it at a local pub and the picture quality was fine... No issues other than there seemed to be a 40 second lag, as my phone was going nuts about goals before anyone was even close to a chance..
    Soundwise, there was none in the pub, but from what I've heard it is probably a good thing that I couldn't hear Harper banging on..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    No issues other than there seemed to be a 40 second lag, as my phone was going nuts about goals before anyone was even close to a chance.
    Do yourself a favour and just turn the phone off and enjoy the game. Streaming will always lag.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

The picture quality on P+ for the Sydney game was pretty good.

I spent a bit of time trying to get rid of a horrible whining in the audio at the end of the game, then I realised it was just the pro Sydney commentators

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    The picture quality on P+ for the Sydney game was pretty good.

I spent a bit of time trying to get rid of a horrible whining in the audio at the end of the game, then I realised it was just the pro Sydney commentators
    This is going to piss everyone off no end. I was hoping it would end with Fox but it doesn't look like it. And it doesn't just happen to us.

The other night was that one eyed it was pitiful. Starting with Tara and "Brosquie", then "Bimby" and his look alike contest. The sideline twit made his loyalties clear last week when he ranted about why the WSW keeper nearly saved Beka's penalty, completely ignoring the personal story right in front of his eyes. Raving on about superiority when we have won a couple of times there in the last 18 months.

"Redders", "Rhino", "Wilko", "Ninko", Alfie" all got their mentions via nickname familiarity. It was lucky that "Tino" stepped up and they had no choice but to interview him - mind you not before hearing from several SFC players first.

Then Salty Corica to finish with Papas nowhere to be seen.

I've have no problems with Paramount and I'm baffled about why everyone's upset.

Link's broken ⬆️

interesting that the picture quality on 10play is much better for the FFA cup game than it was for the world cup qualifier. Does FFA control the broadcast for world cup qualifiers?

Anyone know of any local pubs that have paramount +? Planning to go with some mates Saturday but if weather is shit pub is next best option