Page 104 of 178 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    why is it that every time I get to watch a game this sort of shit happens?
    Mo scored. That's all that matters. Diver Harry still has a few to catch up.
    Looking forward to Egyptian WC games just to watch the bearded Pharaoh in action.

I swear when I went to bed last night just after Salah scored I said to the wife - "Liverpool are focussed on Tuesday, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends 2-2".

salad playa of year. who will poach him

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    salad playa of year. who will poach him
    whoever poach him could have egg on their face

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    whoever poach him could have egg on their face
    Will be a mad scramble for his services.

yolk never walk alone
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

This is a eggsellent eggsample why the internet cracks me up
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

De Rossi having a bit of a whinge at Liverpool’s long ball tactics. But goes on to say that it was hard to defend because they are slow, and that it nullified their 5 in midfield who would have been able to intercept balls all day if we played through the middle.
    Sounds like good tactics to me...

Also, how dangerous is football these days. Liverpool supporter winds up in a critical condition and Roma supporter on attempted murder charges. FMD.
    And with all this Russian Ultras training videos and stuff and threatening to kill English fans, it’s a little unnerving.
    I’m assuming that most of these situations are people asking for it, I mean John smith isn’t holding his sons hand while he reads the matchday program and then gets stabbed. But the fact you can go to a football match and not come home is a hefty price to pay.!

Coughing and sputtering to possible 4th spot at the moment. Big game on the weekend. The squad is thread bare at the moment.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I’m pretty nervous about where we are gonna finish. I was nervous a few weeks ago when we started to play more games than our rivals. Needed to have this wrapped up a while ago imo.

I sincerely hope West brom can pull off their miracle. Almost the story of next weekend if not for the top 4 race.

Didnt even care we beat you guys. (Great header by Giroud though) Over football atm, Hopefully world cup gets me excited again
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Ah Madrid, the team who arent very good at CL. This will be ugly

Roma just upped their price for Alisson

Fabinho in. Keita will join us.
    Rumours are mignolet, Sturridge and origi to depart.

First choice keeper, and another forward or 2 should Be priority. Fekir said to be target. But he’s been a target for Arsenal and other clubs for years it feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Fabinho in. Keita will join us.
    Rumours are mignolet, Sturridge and origi to depart.

First choice keeper, and another forward or 2 should Be priority. Fekir said to be target. But he’s been a target for Arsenal and other clubs for years it feels like.
    I think you're right. I expect Karius to stay but become second choice.

Two forwards is needed to strengthen the depth on the bench/squad

Are any big European clubs interested in Salah? If he has a big WC on top of his season form. Could be hard to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Are any big European clubs interested in Salah? If he has a big WC on top of his season form. Could be hard to keep.
    I get the sense he's settled in the team and he's the player the team is set up to get the best out of. I don't think he would move this off-season and the likelihood of carrying his nation is the world cup is reduced following the injury.

Other European clubs might be interested but I expect Liverpool will rebuiff their approaches. The club are quite attractive at the moment, having been in two European finals in 3 years and scoring lots and lots of goals. There's a need to build depth in the squad and trim some of the squad players that have let them down - Sturridge, Markovic (yeah he's still around), Bogdan (yeah him too), Mignolet. I don't anticipate any big outs other than Can.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 31-05-2018 at 09:23 AM.

I don't understand the Fekir rumours. Either he is a 65 million Euro bench warmer or one of Mane or Salah is going. He has just broken into the France team and needs to play every single week so I don't see him heading to Liverpool without someone important moving on. Maybe Salah to Real or Firmino to Bayern?

Arsenal or United would be more likely for him if he came to the EPL.

Also, as for the Allisson rumours. They want at least 90 million Euros now, Real Madrid have been sniffing around, he's had one great year and one good year as a first choice keeper in his career, if you buy him for that money you would be reaching peak Liverpool. He just isn't worth that sort of money yet.

Also, you already have a great keeper in Karius. You just have fans that think a little bit too highly of themselves and think they are better than Real Madrid. Karius didn't lose the UCL final, he helped get you there and then you lost to a better team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I don't understand the Fekir rumours. Either he is a 65 million Euro bench warmer or one of Mane or Salah is going. He has just broken into the France team and needs to play every single week so I don't see him heading to Liverpool without someone important moving on. Maybe Salah to Real or Firmino to Bayern?
    Fekir would likely come in and play midfield as one of the two CAM, fulfilling the creative role Coutinho has left, but offering the versatility of being able to play wide for which Liverpool have ero coverage.

Also, as for the Allisson rumours. They want at least 90 million Euros now, Real Madrid have been sniffing around, he's had one great year and one good year as a first choice keeper in his career, if you buy him for that money you would be reaching peak Liverpool. He just isn't worth that sort of money yet.

Also, you already have a great keeper in Karius. You just have fans that think a little bit too highly of themselves and think they are better than Real Madrid. Karius didn't lose the UCL final, he helped get you there and then you lost to a better team.
    I think Alisson is a legit rumour, but could be a bluff for another keeper. I've got no idea. You're right that Karius helped the team get to the final - 100%. But after such a calamitous performance it will be a long, difficult, road back for confidence to be regained between him and the crowd - possibly even his team mates

Fekir would likely come in and play midfield as one of the two CAM, fulfilling the creative role Coutinho has left, but offering the versatility of being able to play wide for which Liverpool have ero coverage.
    From the very little that i've watched he seems to be more of an attacker than a midfielder. So you've got Fabinho, Henderson, Keita as 3 starting midfielders. I don't think Fekir starts over these 3 in a gen press game plan. Oxlade, Lallana, Milner, Wijnaldum as back ups. He isn't starting over Mane, Salah or Firmino in the front 3 either. You don't have any depth behind those 3 but it's a lot of money on a back up if he does come.

Not saying he won't or wouldn't do well. I just think that his signing could be linked with another player moving on from that front 3 of Liverpool.

I think Alisson is a legit rumour, but could be a bluff for another keeper. I've got no idea. You're right that Karius helped the team get to the final - 100%. But after such a calamitous performance it will be a long, difficult, road back for confidence to be regained between him and the crowd - possibly even his team mates
    Meh, keepers make errors. Neuer makes errors, Buffon is slower than an average flat earther, Donnarumma is calamatious at least once a month. The only keepers who don't make mistakes are the ones who don't face shots against them. I'd take him at Arsenal if you do decide to offload him.

That last point is very true. The fact that no liverpool player went over and picked him up was sh*te. Not a good sign as a mentality thing. You pick him up, get him into the change room and then deal with your crying. Like a real man.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.