Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: 2021 FFA Cup (local NNSW thread)

Down to the final two games to decide our two teams for the Round of 32 and both games on the same night within half an hour of each other. What’s the reasoning behind this are they trying to drive people away. I have a family member playing for Cookers but would have loved to have gone to watch Maitland v Magic. So frustrating.

Magic with 2 injury time goals to win it!
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Magic with 2 injury time goals to win it!
    I feel sorry for all those pet cats getting kicked tonight

Heart breaking for Maitland, better side for much of the 90 minutes but unfortunately the game went for 95 minutes.
    Zane does it at the death again.
    Best game that I have watched all year

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Heart breaking for Maitland, better side for much of the 90 minutes but unfortunately the game went for 95 minutes.
    Zane does it at the death again.
    Best game that I have watched all year
    In my opinion, the two best teams in the competition. ItÂ’s a shame the Australia Cup draw didnÂ’t have them split and playing against Cooks Hilll and Olympic and then we would of had the best two teams representing the region, I guess thatÂ’s the luck of the draw.

DonÂ’t totally agree about Maitland the better side, very even. The early goal allowed Maitland to sit back, defend in numbers, win the ball back (very physical but clean) and knock it long to Crawley and Thompson both of which were outstanding.

Got to give it to Zaney, he has a blend of young and experienced players that look the goods, did it Edgy and now Magic. He has certainly filled the gap left by the early season departures.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    In my opinion, the two best teams in the competition. ItÂ’s a shame the Australia Cup draw didnÂ’t have them split and playing against Cooks Hilll and Olympic and then we would of had the best two teams representing the region, I guess thatÂ’s the luck of the draw.

DonÂ’t totally agree about Maitland the better side, very even. The early goal allowed Maitland to sit back, defend in numbers, win the ball back (very physical but clean) and knock it long to Crawley and Thompson both of which were outstanding.

Got to give it to Zaney, he has a blend of young and experienced players that look the goods, did it Edgy and now Magic. He has certainly filled the gap left by the early season departures.
    What game we’re watching Stanley? Maitland much better for most of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    What game we’re watching Stanley? Maitland much better for most of the game.
    I bet your one of those couch coaches, never played, never coached, NO IDEA

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Magic are away to Bentley Greens

Olympic to host Melbourne City

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    Magic are away to Bentley Greens

Olympic to host Melbourne City
    Nice away trip for magic
    Should be a good crowd for olympic

Young Bowling stepping up. brilliant saves

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    He had a great game, represented and showed that we can develop quality in our local competition and hopefully clubs see the value of keeping the younger players coming through and giving them opportunities, backing them and supporting them.

Hopefully we can stop losing them to the game to keepers at the ends of their careers, they are much more value add through supporting our emerging talent with their experience, instead of pushing them out of the game before they even get a go.

I hope good things come his way!

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    He was excellent considering the circumstances.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Thought he was very good, as opposed to the ref, Greens got away with murder for 70 mins, she should stick to W league
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Thought he was very good, as opposed to the ref, Greens got away with murder for 70 mins, she should stick to W league
    You must be joking, Greens were the better side all night and young Bowling is the only reason that Magic weren't beaten by 5. Blaming the referee,priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    You must be joking, Greens were the better side all night and young Bowling is the only reason that Magic weren't beaten by 5. Blaming the referee,priceless
    Yup. Greens were a level above all game. Magic offered a little on the break but not much else. Thought Magics 11 was excellent + goalie obviously.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    He had a great game, represented and showed that we can develop quality in our local competition and hopefully clubs see the value of keeping the younger players coming through and giving them opportunities, backing them and supporting them.

Hopefully we can stop losing them to the game to keepers at the ends of their careers, they are much more value add through supporting our emerging talent with their experience, instead of pushing them out of the game before they even get a go.

I hope good things come his way!
    Keepers at the end of their career are in their 30's
    A keeper doesn't reach their peak till 28yr of age. Young keepers will not be able to hold down a regular first team spot till early 20's as they are developing and prone to mistakes more.
    Young Bowlo had a cracker of a game this week and as he develops will get more opportunities to show his ability.

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    Keepers at the end of their career are in their 30's
    A keeper doesn't reach their peak till 28yr of age. Young keepers will not be able to hold down a regular first team spot till early 20's as they are developing and prone to mistakes more.
    Young Bowlo had a cracker of a game this week and as he develops will get more opportunities to show his ability.
    You are missing my point and likely don't have a young keeper in this competition. Watching what happens with them in senior football every year you would see how many great young goalkeepers are lost, either to the game completely or out of the region then we end up with 5ft tall goalkeepers who are just not tall enough to play first grade football. seriously have a look around the 18's and reserves at the moment we have 15 year olds playing 18's who are bigger than the 18's goalkeepers playing 18's, by the time they are actually age relevant to 18's they would have learnt so much more about themselves and the game. The green gully keeper is straight from our jets academy and 24, Mat Ryan started playing first grade at 17 in the NPL1 in Sydney, I'm sure if I had more than 5 minutes here I could find heaps of other examples. The age thing is rubbish, there's also no way I reckon the first keeper could have made those saves and no offence to him but to make saves like that in the amount he did requires a lot of agility and fitness.

If bowlo can come off the bench completely unprepared and play like that at 18, all we are doing is holding him back by selling some story about his quality not possibly being good enough because of his age.

why worry about keepers making mistakes when you have 10 others on the pitch making 30+ mistakes a game, missing how many shots on goal consistently? I think the focus needs to be on the other end of the pitch more if we are worried about quality.

If you want to really test your keeper out, get them to play on Cahill oval and work out from the 450 different lines marked on the field which one is the penalty area

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    You are missing my point and likely don't have a young keeper in this competition. Watching what happens with them in senior football every year you would see how many great young goalkeepers are lost, either to the game completely or out of the region then we end up with 5ft tall goalkeepers who are just not tall enough to play first grade football. seriously have a look around the 18's and reserves at the moment we have 15 year olds playing 18's who are bigger than the 18's goalkeepers playing 18's, by the time they are actually age relevant to 18's they would have learnt so much more about themselves and the game. The green gully keeper is straight from our jets academy and 24, Mat Ryan started playing first grade at 17 in the NPL1 in Sydney, I'm sure if I had more than 5 minutes here I could find heaps of other examples. The age thing is rubbish, there's also no way I reckon the first keeper could have made those saves and no offence to him but to make saves like that in the amount he did requires a lot of agility and fitness.

If bowlo can come off the bench completely unprepared and play like that at 18, all we are doing is holding him back by selling some story about his quality not possibly being good enough because of his age.

why worry about keepers making mistakes when you have 10 others on the pitch making 30+ mistakes a game, missing how many shots on goal consistently? I think the focus needs to be on the other end of the pitch more if we are worried about quality.
    You are right, I don't have a young keeper playing this competition but I do have a lot of experience coaching elite keepers in NNSW.
    From what I am watching there are next to no 18's keeper good enough to be playing 1st grade in the NPL.
    Young Bowlo as I said before had a cracker of a game but it is 1 game, keepers need to play at that level consistently to be a regular first grade keeper.

Coaches don't worry about players making mistakes they do worry if the player is not learning from the mistakes. If a keeper makes 10+ mistakes that could be a 10 nil loss.
    If you think the Magic 1st grade keeper wouldn't of saved the same amount of saves as young Bowlo shows you have no idea about experience over youth. He may not of been called to make the same saves as the game could of been played differently by the communication received from the keeper.

Anyone know if you can buy tickets for tonight's game at the ground?