Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: The Daily International News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Chelsea getting praised as the 1st club to pull our of the ESL. Feels weird. Hopefully we smash Madrid next week but we shouldn't forget when almost happened this week
    Are you still ok with Roman owning your club?

Cause I want all 6 owners to be forced to sell asap, especially Kroenke the leech. They all don't deserve the privilege that owning a premier league club brings IMO. Glazers look like they'll sell up next year and FSG look like they won't be allowed to keep Liverpool by the reaction of their main fanbase and people involved with the club. This could be a watershed moment for world football if this keeps going and ends with everyone taking on UEFA and FIFA and does something about the level of corruption within the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Are you still ok with Roman owning your club?

Cause I want all 6 owners to be forced to sell asap, especially Kroenke the leech. They all don't deserve the privilege that owning a premier league club brings IMO. Glazers look like they'll sell up next year and FSG look like they won't be allowed to keep Liverpool by the reaction of their main fanbase and people involved with the club. This could be a watershed moment for world football if this keeps going and ends with everyone taking on UEFA and FIFA and does something about the level of corruption within the game.
    It's a weird one. What I'm seeing Roman didnt really want to join but had no choice and once more info about what it is came out he began procedures to pull out. I guess I'm still ok with Roman but he wont have any good standing left if he tries anything again
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

It's a weird one. What I'm seeing Roman didnt really want to join but had no choice and once more info about what it is came out he began procedures to pull out. I guess I'm still ok with Roman but he wont have any good standing left if he tries anything again
    That's what they want you to think mate. Beware taking at face value.

They all knew what they were doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

That's what they want you to think mate. Beware taking at face value.

They all knew what they were doing.
    Im not taking anything at face value from Chelsea but several journos who I trust have said similar things who knows. If I had to pick from all the current "Top 6" owners Id pick Roman every time
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Im not taking anything at face value from Chelsea but several journos who I trust have said similar things who knows. If I had to pick from all the current "Top 6" owners Id pick Roman every time
    The contract they all signed was 171 pages long and JP Morgan needed assurances from each club before getting on board. Roman and the others knew what they were doing for months.

It just seems to be that the wealthiest clubs pulled out first because they didn't actually need the money (City and Chelsea) and then it went down the list (Liverpool, Arsenal, United, Spurs, Inter) from best financial position to least. Juve, Barca and Real are drowning in debt and will cling to this until the very last.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

The contract they all signed was 171 pages long and JP Morgan needed assurances from each club before getting on board. Roman and the others knew what they were doing for months.

It just seems to be that the wealthiest clubs pulled out first because they didn't actually need the money (City and Chelsea) and then it went down the list (Liverpool, Arsenal, United, Spurs, Inter) from best financial position to least. Juve, Barca and Real are drowning in debt and will cling to this until the very last.
    I reckon Perez hid something. Would fit his character

I reckon Perez hid something. Would fit his character
    Perez and Agnelli absolute scum in this.
    Glazers/FSG and Kronke all too happy to be tugged along.

Would take Roman as my owner over any of that filth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post

That was my view. But as much as I love him Roman also isn't perfect

Why? I can understand Stanny's obvious bias. But show me one reason why Roman isn't as grubby as that lot?
    At least Mansour has poured millions into the community to rebuild a community fanbase. But even they don't get a free pass because their wealth is tainted with blood and oil, Manchester fans would happily forget about them if someone else could pay the bills moving forward.

Why? I can understand Stanny's obvious bias. But show me one reason why Roman isn't as grubby as that lot?
    At least Mansour has poured millions into the community to rebuild a community fanbase. But even they don't get a free pass because their wealth is tainted with blood and oil, Manchester fans would happily forget about them if someone else could pay the bills moving forward.
    For me its simple.
    Roman has never come across as anything other than an ill tempered ruthless oligarch whos money has come from ill gotten gains and has no interest in anything other than winning no matter the cost.
    I admire his openness in a world of frauds.

Its the scum like the Glazers/Perez/Agnelli etc who have continually tried to convince people that they are doing all this for 'you' the little people.
    That sort of behaviour gets zero interest from me.

This Perez has mental issues. 40 people protesting at the Chelsea game hahaha.

This Perez has mental issues. 40 people protesting at the Chelsea game hahaha.
    There was about 200, so he wasn't too far off, Not that he isn't an massive tool tho. 200 is still a decent number considering how quickly they organised it and with Covid restrictions still on place in England.

SB nation reported that there was thousands in attendance and looked like fools when the pictures came out.
    Last edited by Frodo; 22-04-2021 at 02:57 PM.

For me its simple.
    Roman has never come across as anything other than an ill tempered ruthless oligarch whos money has come from ill gotten gains and has no interest in anything other than winning no matter the cost.
    I admire his openness in a world of frauds.

Its the scum like the Glazers/Perez/Agnelli etc who have continually tried to convince people that they are doing all this for 'you' the little people.
    That sort of behaviour gets zero interest from me.
    Roman is exactly the same as the others, he just did his PR tour in the 00s and maybe you can relate to it more than the new stuff.

He has no concept of money because he didn't earn a cent of his, so he throws enough of it around and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Same as Perez, the Glazers and Agnelli.

Roman is exactly the same as the others, he just did his PR tour in the 00s and maybe you can relate to it more than the new stuff.

He has no concept of money because he didn't earn a cent of his, so he throws enough of it around and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Same as Perez, the Glazers and Agnelli.
    Hey you rank your assholes how you like them, ill do mine!!!

I refuse to lump him in with any of these suckers that either a)doubled down like Perez and Agnelli, or b)did the grovelling video apology like Henry.

Also, I dont think he gets enough credit for how well Chelsea is actually run compared to some others. The fact the club isn't leveraged to the hilt and still made a real profit last year is good for them. For sure he runs it a different way relying on player sales and his own investment, but the other owners have heaps of money too but always seem to be much more at arms length with their liabilities which is savvy but scary.

Also, don't anyone @ me with your financial bullshit unless it comes from Swiss Ramble. They are the only source of correct info regarding football finance. I dont wish to hear anything else.

To be fair though its pretty safe to say Roman has had way more people killed than any other owner id bet good money on that.

There was about 200, so he wasn't too far off, Not that he isn't an massive tool tho. 200 is still a decent number considering how quickly they organised it and with Covid restrictions still on place in England.

SB nation reported that there was thousands in attendance and looked like fools when the pictures came out.
    Way more then 200. Close to 1000 from the people I know who were there

And the difference is Roman is actually a football fan the others just Want to make money

And the difference is Roman is actually a football fan the others just Want to make money
    Gulp down that Koolaid Stanny. You can share some with Plague's mate now as well, lol.

Here is the Arsenal protest.
    https://streamable.com/86ybg6

This was supposedly a few hundred supporters, seems like a lot more from the footage. Wouldn't be surprised if our PR team, who are some of the best, haven't got the media outlets to downplay that number dramatically.

Also for context on our PR team, Mikel Arteta is still beng labelled as a managerial genius in Pep's mould when his team have scored 19 goals in 17 home games with a record of 6 wins, 4 draws and 7 losses in those games. Our PR team is absolutely world class, one of the very few things at our club that are nowadays.

Gulp down that Koolaid Stanny. You can share some with Plague's mate now as well, lol.

Here is the Arsenal protest.
    https://streamable.com/86ybg6

This was supposedly a few hundred supporters, seems like a lot more from the footage. Wouldn't be surprised if our PR team, who are some of the best, haven't got the media outlets to downplay that number dramatically.
    It's not Koolaid, Many ex managers have spoken about the conversations theve had with Roman about football and suprised at the amount of players he knew and his tactical knowledge. Also fair play to your fans, Good stuff

love at first sight

UK Premier League?