Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Football on TV & TV rights thread V2.0

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    so what's everyone's opinions of some little start-up called Sports Flick securing rights to the UEFA Champions League next season?

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...27-p576da.html

I'll wait until they go under and it comes back to Optus

Saw a post of theirs somewhere saying “home of football” with space for a few more announcements. Curious to see what they come up with.
    Maybe they’ll make a push for A league streaming.
    Aside from the EPL and A league, I can’t see any other leagues attracting enough interest to cover their outlay especially if already purchasing Kayo and/or Optus.
    Liverpool making it an easy decision, won’t be watching them play UCL anyway.

That being said. Surely they’ve done some due diligence and figured how much they can make from sponsorships etc to make it viable. Seems a pretty quick way to crash and burn as a startup.

Sure, it only took Netflix a decade to make a profit, and every other streaming company has the backing of a corporate behemoth to keep it afloat but a couple of blokes you've never heard of from some backyard in Sydney will surely have deep enough pockets to keep the ship afloat.
    Makes perfect sense for the A-league to eventually get in bed with people like this.

This Sports Flicks mob’s idea of “Home of football” would be an interesting venture.
    I was talking to a Bosnian guy I work with who was telling me about his global satellite he’s subscribed to so he can watch Serbian league. Said a few of his friends have a similar set up.
    And it got me thinking about our footballing roots. Most of the top NPL clubs and even some community clubs have strong links to an immigrant group.
    Whether it’s Italian, Macedonian, Greek, Serbian or somewhere else. Now I dare say most of the older generation grew up following a native team and still keep tabs on them.
    I’m assuming here, that streaming rights to these lesser known leagues isn’t in the same league as the 60M UCL deal. So I guess it depends what kind of revenue/interest you can generate from those interested in these leagues to fund moves for the bigger leagues.

I still think the big 2 are EPL and A-league. If you get those two, I dare say a lot of people would be interested.
    I’d be curious how many people have Optus and Kayo/foxtel and how many would keep the latter if Optus picked up A league

$60,000,000 is a lot to raise for a small business in Riverstone

at least it would be to do it legally

The main camera angle was making me feel sick with all the wobbling. Almost like it didn't have a tripod.

I also hope the next TV deal includes a mandated minimum number of cameras and locations for all games.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...18-p57k6b.html

looks like this may be going the way everyone thought it would go

Interesting.
    Especially with the new super league haha

Good bit of advertising...
    Bid for one of the biggest tournaments, then just pull out.

Tick, tick, tick...

ABC football podcast and Simon Hill podcast both implying something is coming soon and according to Daniel Garb, "a lot of sports would die for what we are getting". Believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    according to Daniel Garb, "a lot of sports would die for what we are getting". Believe it when I see it.
    Perhaps he means that other sports would die, as in fold, if they got what we are getting
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Perhaps he means that other sports would die, as in fold, if they got what we are getting
    Lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Garb talking more shite like when he was so quick to peddle the BS against Staj as legit.

Bloke has no cred with anybody operating with even half a brain.

SMH saying its a race between paramount+ (channel 10/cbs) and Stan/nine. Some free to air games look likely.

Kayo might still make a late bid.

Would be interested to see how many people Stan has signed up that are interested in Rugby.
    That sport seems absolutely dead in the water.

I fear if we don’t get this right, so will the a league.
    Imo, there needs to be a FTA element in any deal. Just need to reach a broad audience. I’m not sure the winter comp competing with NRL and AFL for money/membership has paid off, but it’s hard to say with covid.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...19-p5747i.html

interesting article about the sheer bastardry of V'Landys coming out yet again

Tabcorp have blacked out Super Rugby in pubs and clubs

V'Landys is on the board of Tabcorp and the NRL, so has used his influence in one sphere to help another

clear conflict of interest and is exactly the sort of bastardry football, and any other sport, is up against

V'Landys is the guy who defended strapping electrodes to horses genitals and argued that people should be put at risk from Covid so that the NRL could continue it's agenda of rape and crime so at least we know the sort of **** we're dealing with here
    so this disgusting sleaze tried to sue the ABC for defamation for exposing the horse torture and general crimes going on as part of the racing industry

not surprisingly he lost

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Garb talking more shite like when he was so quick to peddle the BS against Staj as legit.

Bloke has no cred with anybody operating with even half a brain.
    Really? Becasue Ive actually met the bloke and he has always struck me as honest and down to earth. Are you basing your opinion on anything in particular? Other than the Staj stuff which a lot of journos were reporting on in a similar vein.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Apparently 10/paramount + secured 5 year deal.
    No specific $$$, rumoured to be “the same as Foxtel contributed in its final year”(which seems like piss all....)

Saturday evening game on channel 10, second game on BOLD.
    Paramount rumoured to launch in august/sep and be $9/month