Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Isthisforreal View Post
    What are the sessions like? Skills and drills or game play ?
    Information second hand only from parents that have boys there and they said 1 or 2 of the 13s players are a bit behind the others. 1 significantly with bad close skills and kicks chases and blames others. I could name their club but im not cool with putting it here

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Yes was going to say that i think around 50% of the TSP kids are already in 13's and not out of place.Plus some of the kids who didnt make the TSP in 12's was surprising so hopefully theres enough talent there to form a good team of 13's next year.
    I know of an ex 15s tsp player that has no hope of even making the 18s squad next year. Might not be the only one but shows that development and opinions about who's the best can change a lot over time so keep on plugging away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I know of an ex 15s tsp player that has no hope of even making the 18s squad next year. Might not be the only one but shows that development and opinions about who's the best can change a lot over time so keep on plugging away.
    Hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn’t work hard

100%. There’s a lot to be said for work ethic and motivation as you progress. You can make up for lack of technical skills, with awareness, communication and working hard during a game.
    Maybe not so important early on in SAP but into older NPL Youth and seniors, technical ability only counts for so much.

Works the other way too imo.
    I entered State league/NPL from inter district comps at 15, and I hope kids from inter district competitions that maybe aren’t so familiar with the SAP and NPL youth set ups can find their way if they want to/are good enough.

Edit: sorry BS, I just realised I repeated what you said haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    100%. There’s a lot to be said for work ethic and motivation as you progress. You can make up for lack of technical skills, with awareness, communication and working hard during a game.
    Maybe not so important early on in SAP but into older NPL Youth and seniors, technical ability only counts for so much.

Works the other way too imo.
    I entered State league/NPL from inter district comps at 15, and I hope kids from inter district competitions that maybe aren’t so familiar with the SAP and NPL youth set ups can find their way if they want to/are good enough.

Edit: sorry BS, I just realised I repeated what you said haha.
    Having watched some community games recently (including 12A's), I think one of the side effects of SAP is that community teams have been gutted of not just high performers but nearly all the half decent kids as well.
    Taking the 12's for example:
    300ish kids in SAP are in this age group now.
    Community has 8 grades of 8 teams, so maybe 800+ kids?
    So over 1 in every 4 boys are now playing SAP, receiving training 2-3 times per week from 8-9 years of age from in most cases a higher standard of coach with TD support.

There aren't as many motivated coaches that stick with community teams anymore nor kids that stand out from the rest.

I think the late bloomers are going to be much fewer and far between. More likely they'll be kids that have swapped from other sports and have stand out physical abilities.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

What are peoples thoughts on the phase 3 draw? many changes from Phase 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Having watched some community games recently (including 12A's), I think one of the side effects of SAP is that community teams have been gutted of not just high performers but nearly all the half decent kids as well.
    Taking the 12's for example:
    300ish kids in SAP are in this age group now.
    Community has 8 grades of 8 teams, so maybe 800+ kids?
    So over 1 in every 4 boys are now playing SAP, receiving training 2-3 times per week from 8-9 years of age from in most cases a higher standard of coach with TD support.

There aren't as many motivated coaches that stick with community teams anymore nor kids that stand out from the rest.

I think the late bloomers are going to be much fewer and far between. More likely they'll be kids that have swapped from other sports and have stand out physical abilities.
    Good point! I guess I came through during a time where it was Macquarie, NPS or HV SYL so what 50-60players in “elite pathways” and no Newcastle United/Jets pathways. Only NSWIS.
    So good point.

I’m curious how most parents find out about SAP and NPL Youth?
    Word of mouth, coaches telling them, clubs notifying them, more so those that were not a part of a club providing the SAP experience. I imagine once you’re in SAP, talk soon turns to NPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Game_over View Post
    What are peoples thoughts on the phase 3 draw? many changes from Phase 2?
    is the draw out?Where did you see it?

I've seen the draw for my sons team only, our club has uploaded it onto our team app. He pretty much plays the same teams in phase 3 as he played in phase 2, with the exception of Cooks Hill who he didn't play in phase 2 so I'm guessing they have been playing some good football in phase 2.

I’m curious how most parents find out about SAP and NPL Youth?
    Word of mouth, coaches telling them, clubs notifying them, more so those that were not a part of a club providing the SAP experience.
    I personally didn't have a Newcastle Football background & my son came from a community club with no ties to NPL or NL1.
    The way I found out about SAP was through work colleagues who had their own kids in NPL youth. At that stage they were pointing me towards the Zone SAP system which didn't exist anymore.
    Fortunately the Operations Manager at Hunter Valley Football was extremely helpful and passed on all the relevant information about premier club SAP.

Once I knew my son would have to join a premier club I sought the advice of my work colleagues again who said pick 3-4 clubs for him to try out for & said to aim for Olympic, Magic, Jaffas, Edgy, etc and if he wasn't good enough to get in to try out at others clubs.

I imagine once you’re in SAP, talk soon turns to NPL.
    Even at the 11's this year talk already is about what will happen at the end of 12's in 2022, How many boys will end up going to the Jets, how many will stay at or leave the club, strength of other clubs, etc.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Olympic coach u11s gone.
    Told u that was coming. Noisy parents r undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Told u that was coming. Noisy parents r undefeated
    I don’t think so, Ask RH he’s at least 10 and noisy parents are 0. Not on his watch

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post
    I don’t think so, Ask RH he’s at least 10 and noisy parents are 0. Not on his watch
    Jaffas don't even post on their socials about their youth and JDL.... Jaffas 0 every other club 10000.... It should tell you well enough when they can't be bothered to post about their juniors and youth, but will post about the holiday camp you can pay for.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Jaffas don't even post on their socials about their youth and JDL.... Jaffas 0 every other club 10000.... It should tell you well enough when they can't be bothered to post about their juniors and youth, but will post about the holiday camp you can pay for.

We were talking about Olympic then you kick the Jaffas as usual. RH isnt an angel of course but Man you need to get a life and stop being a douche. Even better help lake Mac cause they arent what you think.

btw a td doesnt need to do shit on Socials. Thats for other committee members.
    Last edited by traffic light; 14-06-2021 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    They’ll even tell you that they only run JDL because they have to, not because they want to. That’s how RH came into it with NF the jaffas didn’t want to run it so they outsourced it.

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    We were talking about Olympic then you kick the Jaffas as usual. RH isnt an angel of course but Man you need to get a life and stop being a douche. Even better help lake Mac cause they arent what you think.

btw a td doesnt need to do shit on Socials. Thats for other committee members.
    Take your own advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post
    They’ll even tell you that they only run JDL because they have to, not because they want to. That’s how RH came into it with NF the jaffas didn’t want to run it so they outsourced it.
    This isnt even remotely true.Its pretty obvious where you got this idea from so please next time consider the source.Now can we move on from bashing clubs and td's.Thanks.

Man I love this thread

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Man I love this thread
    Its actually pretty informative when we are actually talking about the kids and the football.The other shit can piss off out of here as far as im concerned but people seem to have some decent grudges.Now, has anyone seen a draw?Our club has only the next game available and we've been given our gala day allocation too.My young fella is looking forward to the experience which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Its actually pretty informative when we are actually talking about the kids and the football.The other shit can piss off out of here as far as im concerned but people seem to have some decent grudges.Now, has anyone seen a draw?Our club has only the next game available and we've been given our gala day allocation too.My young fella is looking forward to the experience which is good.
    PM me, I'll forward you a copy of the draw for the age group you need.