Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Women's Premier League thread

Word has it NL throwing the chequebook around to Olympic and magic players

This will be interesting.. I say about time

Quote Originally Posted by SAPDADDY View Post
    Word has it NL throwing the chequebook around to Olympic and magic players

This will be interesting.. I say about time
    Agreed, it will be great to see NL be more competitive in 1st grade, hopefully results there may have a trickle down effect to the lower grades. on paper it looked to be a pretty tough season from 13s to 1st grade for NL.

Quote Originally Posted by sideline88 View Post
    Agreed, it will be great to see NL be more competitive in 1st grade, hopefully results there may have a trickle down effect to the lower grades. on paper it looked to be a pretty tough season from 13s to 1st grade for NL.
    It’ll help with first grade and that’s about it.

Finals predictions?

Jason konja what’s your tips?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonKonjarski View Post
    Magic Vs Bay
    First 2 games of the season very tight 1 goal separating the scores both times 3rd game was 5-0 in favour of the bay Magic having a few out that day I’m obviously going to lean towards Bay but I think the score might be like the first 2 encounters with both teams to be fit and firing to get that GF spot locked in
    I’m tipping bay to hard to pick a score

Olympic Vs Azzurri
    Love what Niko has done at Azzurri this season he is building something very good especially with his reserve grade side winning the minor premiership and the first grade side look solid have had some good games against Bay this season except for the obvious 10-1 game but finals are a different game
    Have only watched Olympic when Bay has played them so can’t comment to much but they obviously beat the bay and pushed them hard in 1 of the games I think this game has the potential to go all the way into extra time and potentially penalties
    I’m tipping Azzurri I think Niko will have the girls up for it
    Love it mate!!

Is your partner going to NL next year with the rest of the bay A league players??

Who is signing for NL do you have names or is it just Rumours like always ?
    Always rumours, but NL is chasing and offering large amounts of money. No doubt some Bay players will follow their head coach to Magic

Who is signing for NL do you have names or is it just Rumours like always ?
    Yeah mate the Jets girls all are

Rumours like always ?
    The rumour mill is strong this year, the amount of cash we are allegedly throwing around is amazing! 🤯🤣

The NPLW may as well be a Calcutta. Whomever buys the most allotments, wins the prize. It is a million miles away from being about Clubs and meaning something to win for a badge. All we see at the moment is mercenaries and wasted cash. Women's football is so important. The first Club that nails an identity and creates something meaningful establishes itself as the benchmark. Everything else currently feels forced.

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    The NPLW may as well be a Calcutta. Whomever buys the most allotments, wins the prize. It is a million miles away from being about Clubs and meaning something to win for a badge. All we see at the moment is mercenaries and wasted cash. Women's football is so important. The first Club that nails an identity and creates something meaningful establishes itself as the benchmark. Everything else currently feels forced.
    Bring in a points system!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SAPDADDY View Post
    Bring in a points system!!!!
    Yes, because that has worked so well in the Men's NPL. Quite simply there isn't enough "first grade standard" players to go around to avoid the blow out scores we are having at the moment. Some clubs go the "development" path, however, there comes a time when these ladies want to win, and player movement and recruitment is inevitable.

Winning coaches recruit. If you want to improve the competition we must recruit from a wider area including more players from Central Coast and North Sydney. The players coming through the Jets Youth are all 16 and younger, and in reality would struggle to depose some of the girls in the top 4 clubs from their starting spots.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Yes, because that has worked so well in the Men's NPL. Quite simply there isn't enough "first grade standard" players to go around to avoid the blow out scores we are having at the moment. Some clubs go the "development" path, however, there comes a time when these ladies want to win, and player movement and recruitment is inevitable.

Winning coaches recruit. If you want to improve the competition we must recruit from a wider area including more players from Central Coast and North Sydney. The players coming through the Jets Youth are all 16 and younger, and in reality would struggle to depose some of the girls in the top 4 clubs from their starting spots.
    Totally agree, there are not enough players of a standard for a Premier competition.
    The better girls should be going and playing in the Sydney comp to maintain their standard. As these girls are what make up a good portion of the Jets W-league side. If they continue to play against inferior standard, they will not be competitive in the higher league.
    It has shown with the Jets W-league results over the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    The better girls should be going and playing in the Sydney comp to maintain their standard. As these girls are what make up a good portion of the Jets W-league side. If they continue to play against inferior standard, they will not be competitive in the higher league.
    It has shown with the Jets W-league results over the past few years.
    100%

I guess/wonder if there’s a bit of fear from the Club’s perspective to push the girls, especially the ones who live locally, down to Sydney due to potentially exposing them to “better opportunities” and having the players not return to the Jets… Contracts solve those issues, but I’m not familiar enough with how the Jets contract their players, whether it's a season at a time or multi-year deals.

Quote Originally Posted by matjpacker View Post
    100%

I guess/wonder if there’s a bit of fear from the Club’s perspective to push the girls, especially the ones who live locally, down to Sydney due to potentially exposing them to “better opportunities” and having the players not return to the Jets… Contracts solve those issues, but I’m not familiar enough with how the Jets contract their players, whether it's a season at a time or multi-year deals.
    Fairly sure its just a season at a time with only very select marquee players offered longer contracts, which would be less then a handful in their history.

Anyone else have some tips for the weekend ? Potentially for all grades I’ve only watched ressies and firsts this season would be good to hear something about the youth grades
    1st

Warners Bay
    Olympic

Reserves

Azzurri
    Olympic

17s

Adamstown
    Warners

15s
    Adamstown (Mainly because it is at Speers Point)
    Magic (No matter who gets in 4th

13s
    Adamstown
    3rd and 4th not decided yet

Quote Originally Posted by matjpacker View Post
    100%

Unless you live on the coast don't underestimate the travel load to play in Sydney, once you include that all your home games will be "away" games 2 hours + from home plus training there it is a significant cost and commitment, even if you are getting paid to play.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Unless you live on the coast don't underestimate the travel load to play in Sydney, once you include that all your home games will be "away" games 2 hours + from home plus training there it is a significant cost and commitment, even if you are getting paid to play.
    Yeh, completely forgot about that side of things…and with the price of fuel at the moment! Ouch!

Kirsty Fenton signs with Sydney fc, another loss for the jets

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Kirsty Fenton signs with Sydney fc, another loss for the jets
    Makes sense, Jets are basically just a development squad for the Sydney and Melbourne teams.
    Last edited by Bull fighter; 14-09-2022 at 03:29 PM.

Azzurri led at the 88 minute mark. They will be gutted.

And Azzurri player Jess Gentle scored on debut for the Knight's. She was not available for this game.