View Poll Results: Who do you want as the next Socceroos Coach?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guus Hiddink

7 21.21%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

3 9.09%
  • Tony Popovic

0 0%
  • Graham Arnold

1 3.03%
  • Ange Postecoglu

9 27.27%
  • Frank Rijkaard

0 0%
  • GVE (so we can get rid of him)

3 9.09%
  • Slobs

10 30.30%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Next Socceroos Coach

Well, they've gone for the cheap option in an Australian coach, to go even cheaper it will be Arnold.

Not because he is the better coach, but he has a get out clause in his Mariners contract and there will be far less compensation payable than trying to extricate Ange from MV.

So it will yet again come down to money - we never learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Well, they've gone for the cheap option in an Australian coach, to go even cheaper it will be Arnold.

Not because he is the better coach, but he has a get out clause in his Mariners contract and there will be far less compensation payable than trying to extricate Ange from MV.

So it will yet again come down to money - we never learn.
    they are FFA they make the rules. If they want they won't o pay compensation

Though it pains me to say so Arnold is far and away a better coach than Ange. Arnold can fit pretty much anyone into his teams and be successful. Ange can only find success if he has the "right cattle".

Nah. Ange isn't a one trick pony as shown by his 3rd place finish with zero lead in work for MV last season. They didn't play football remotely close to what he had at BR.

Banned
    Absolute bollocks this idea of picking an Aussie. As PV4 said success in the World Cup equals $$

An unexpected run for the Socceroos in Brazil will assist the Bandwagon that is football in this country. It will also see increased sponsorship. It will also stoke the interest of the game in the media/fans/casual observer etc

Not to mention getting to the 2nd Rd will see us pocket a couple more million from FIFA in Prize money.

FFA Should be signing the best bloke they can GET to actually aim us up to do the best we can in Brazil. Unfortunately the best blokes are foreign.Picking some Skip on the jingoistic/patriotism angle and not giving two hoots what happens is about as wise an idea as it was for HSG to sign GVE as Jets Coach.

It is imperative that even if we don't win a game over there that we are highly competitive and do not embarrass ourselves

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Nah. Ange isn't a one trick pony as shown by his 3rd place finish with zero lead in work for MV last season. They didn't play football remotely close to what he had at BR.
    Precisely right the way Victree play under Ange is massively different to the way Roar played under Ange

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Precisely right the way Victree play under Ange is massively different to the way Roar played under Ange
    So doesn't that mean he's good at coaching?

and who are these great foreign coaches we can get Member?
    The names I've seen tossed up have downsides too.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    So doesn't that mean he's good at coaching?
    Think he was agreeing with me in reference to The Dunster saying Ange was crap and GA was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Think he was agreeing with me in reference to The Dunster saying Ange was crap and GA was better.
    Yeah sorry. It's just rare that the Member agrees with anything or anyone (including himself).

Yeah sorry. It's just rare that the Member agrees with anything or anyone (including himself).
    Only agrees with sensible folk.

Or complete nutjobs.

Oh feck

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Though it pains me to say so Arnold is far and away a better coach than Ange. Arnold can fit pretty much anyone into his teams and be successful. Ange can only find success if he has the "right cattle".
    Completely agree. It's not like Arnold took over from Uncle Guus and completely ****ed Australia. No one ever called for his head to be served on a platter.

Seriously though.

Arnold had a go and was a chump. good club coach bad national team coach. Ange, can work with the best and the worst and get good results. Let's give it a go, but only if we HAVE to have an Aussie. would rather top dollar international than to throw Ange at them until after the cup.

Banned
    I generally don't post when I agree with something. Just felt Grimario needed a bit of praise for a good post with some additional support

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknerd View Post
    Completely agree. It's not like Arnold took over from Uncle Guus and completely ****ed Australia. No one ever called for his head to be served on a platter.

Seriously though.

Arnold had a go and was a chump. good club coach bad national team coach. Ange, can work with the best and the worst and get good results. Let's give it a go, but only if we HAVE to have an Aussie. would rather top dollar international than to throw Ange at them until after the cup.
    Frank is saying that the Aussie posting is a long term contract. Problem being, compensation for the unlucky club

I still reckon Bielsa is the best candidate if we can get him

May be John Kosmina

Ange press conference just now, confirmed that MV have been approached by the FFA and said he would be honoured to coach the Socceroos should it eventuate.

Epic. Ange long term is best possible outcome right now imo.

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    I still reckon Bielsa is the best candidate if we can get him
    football wise hes a great option, but the Double-Eff-Aye (rightly or wrongly) want the new coach to be much more media friendly and be better at "selling" the team and games.
    my understanding is that Bielsa doesnt speak a lick of english so this is viewed as a negative on his part. as i said, whether it should be a factor is up for debate, but with the game needing sponsors and exposure in the wake of a few ordinary months a high profile person like Ange would definitely embrace that side of things.

yet another reason why old monotone grumpy ass gypo Arnold should never be considered for the job.