Page 212 of 242 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    It was deliberate. It was criminal.
    you sure you want to say that? because i dont think you have any facts to back this up.
    none at all.

“Woolworths , you've committed fraud and wage theft, and you need to be prosecuted,” said user Simon Rosenberg.
    actually, you are in good company. A 'user' named.....oh who gives a **** who it is. anyway this dude said a thing on social media so the ****ing media reported it like it was someone who had something to do the issue. this is why Trump won.

oh and Simon has one of those teardrops in his handle. Simon is sad about something. Simon seems sad about everything.

dont be like Simon.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    you sure you want to say that? because i dont think you have any facts to back this up.
    none at all.

Even if they were honest mistakes. Being ignorant of the law or making mistakes does not stop a person from being held to account of a criminal matter.

You're approach is basically saying. "Sorry man. I didn't think the person would die when I swerved causing him to go off the road and into a tree................."

The only reason they are investigating themselves and being open about it, is to limit any possible criminal damages and civil lawsuits.

As a student of law and as a small business owner working out the correct pay rates is not a hard thing to do.

Job category - payment rate - hours worked - overtime worked - weekend hours worked -..................****ing easy.

39 pages of awards across 201,000 workers and you think your 5 steps to a perfect payroll is gonna fly here?

while ever shit like this exists then people are gonna get it wrong.
    Cold work allowance - 0°C and above $0.30 per hour while so employed
    Cold work allowance - below 0°C $0.75 per hour while so employed

pulling out the "yeah i know its 39 pages but ive condensed it to 5 steps and im right" is some Member level self tell.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Even if they were honest mistakes. Being ignorant of the law or making mistakes does not stop a person from being held to account of a criminal matter.

You're approach is basically saying. "Sorry man. I didn't think the person would die when I swerved causing him to go off the road and into a tree................."
    nah.
    if i killed someone through negligence then im sure criminal proceedings would follow.

if i underpay a staff member by accident then its not a criminal act.

you keep telling me the you're a law man, find me the law that says accidently underpaying someone is a crime.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    39 pages of awards across 201,000 workers and you think your 5 steps to a perfect payroll is gonna fly here?

while ever shit like this exists then people are gonna get it wrong.

pulling out the "yeah i know its 39 pages but ive condensed it to 5 steps and im right" is some Member level self tell.
    I take offence to that

I could get it down to 3 steps

I take offence to that

I could get it down to 3 steps
    apologies all round.

(lets face it you wouldnt pay them anyway)
    Seems like I am WRONG

nah.
    if i killed someone through negligence then im sure criminal proceedings would follow.

if i underpay a staff member by accident then its not a criminal act.

you keep telling me the you're a law man, find me the law that says accidently underpaying someone is a crime.
    I really can't be ****ed going through the specific law but there has been plenty of cases going to court.

https://www.fairwork.gov.au/about-us...-media-release

Banned
    I really can't be ****ed going through the specific law but there has been plenty of cases going to court.

So what exactly is the problem??

This is exactly why we have systems in place for checks and balances etc

Seems like a correction is being made and you not letting it go

So what exactly is the problem??

This is exactly why we have systems in place for checks and balances etc

Seems like a correction is being made and you not letting it go
    Because business has been trying to get away with it. It's one thing to have a couple of small businesses being stung. Mistakes can happen. But it's been happening so frequently and at such a large scale that honest mistakes just don't cut it anymore.

Banned
    Because business has been trying to get away with it. It's one thing to have a couple of small businesses being stung. Mistakes can happen. But it's been happening so frequently and at such a large scale that honest mistakes just don't cut it anymore.
    So your defining what is an intentional mistake based on what??

Because these could be honest mistakes after all

i mean, dude. this is exactly what im talking about. this is a small business intentionally screwing someone over then failing to comply with the regulatory bodies order to repay.
    hence the criminal charges.

this example does not support your proclamation of systemic criminal behaviour in big business.

if anything this example makes big business look better because of the way they admit their stuff ups make good on their mistakes.
    Seems like I am WRONG

i mean, dude. this is exactly what im talking about. this is a small business intentionally screwing someone over then failing to comply with the regulatory bodies order to repay.

this example does not support your proclamation of systemic criminal behaviour in big business.

if anything this example makes big business look better because of the way they admit their stuff ups make good on their mistakes.

How much is Member paying you? You have basically gone from a card carrying ALP/CFMEU stooge to being pro-business............
    Last edited by Skirt Boy; 16-12-2019 at 10:58 PM.

How much is Member paying you?

He cant afford me.
    Seems like I am WRONG

As a student of law and as a small business owner working out the correct pay rates is not a hard thing to do.

Job category - payment rate - hours worked - overtime worked - weekend hours worked -..................****ing easy.
    My brief dealings with all of your five steps is somehow all five of them can be considered subjective, and all five get challenged regularly between employee & employer. Even if you think you nail any of the five, even the very first one gets disputed regularly, my experience is it's going to get challenged anyway. Not so easy, particularly when you're doing a plaguesey and off playing golf and letting others make these "subjective" decisions for you to cop the force of error of later.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    My brief dealings with all of your five steps is somehow all five of them can be considered subjective, and all five get challenged regularly between employee & employer. Even if you think you nail any of the five, even the very first one gets disputed regularly, my experience is it's going to get challenged anyway. Not so easy, particularly when you're doing a plaguesey and off playing golf and letting others make these "subjective" decisions for you to cop the force of error of later.
    Don't give performance bonuses, targets and budgets to people who have to make the decisions on what pay scale an employee falls under.

In this big drive to cut costs. Business are giving people certain responsibilities that they simply shouldn't have. If a floor manager has a budget on staff and a bonus if they meet a target what are they going to do?

What they should be doing is going right.

Employee: Skirt Boy

Occupation Level 2.......Duties: XYZ...............Hours 38

No deviation from those duties. If there is a deviation properly record it.

Funnily enough what I'm suggesting would make shit easier and this problem wouldn't exist.

Banned
    Don't give performance bonuses, targets and budgets to people who have to make the decisions on what pay scale an employee falls under.

In this big drive to cut costs. Business are giving people certain responsibilities that they simply shouldn't have. If a floor manager has a budget on staff and a bonus if they meet a target what are they going to do?

What they should be doing is going right.

Funnily enough what I'm suggesting would make shit easier and this problem wouldn't exist.
    But not every job is black and white
    Conditions can change during shifts

The problem your bitching about is human nature
    We are greedy muther****ers you ain't gonna ever legislate that out of existence

Other thing that is pertinent with all you commy leftist types is that you love adding more and more rules more and more government more and more control on everything

Why exactly is that??

until you are short staffed and Skirt Boy gets asked to go in the deep freeze to get more cold cuts. dont forget to check the thermometer on the way through to know if its under or over zero degrees. All of a sudden Skirt Boy is in charge of more staff so how many hours did he do it for and was it after 12pm on a saturday
    how does your rate change there?
    you say 'properly record it'. Im not sure if youre aware of the systems in place in all these big retail operations but guess what, they aint foolproof.
    of course we can add 'more' managers in place to get the timesheets right but lets make sure those managers are in charge of the right amount of staff and dont need to go in the cool room etc etc etc. Maybe we need another level of management to make sure the managers are getting their timesheets

but of course no one wants to pay more for their groceries in order to fund all these payroll increases do they.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Dishonesty is something we learn not something we are born with. Very young children will grass themselves out everytime by telling the truth. But once they get to a certain age kids have learned how to lie / stretch the truth to benefit their situation.

Capitalism is also a learned system. It is not some natural force within us from the day we are born.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Dishonesty is something we learn not something we are born with. Very young children will grass themselves out everytime by telling the truth. But once they get to a certain age kids have learned how to lie / stretch the truth to benefit their situation.

Capitalism is also a learned system. It is not some natural force within us from the day we are born.
    but thats all behaviours.
    the first things kids is cry if they dont get something they want. you leave that behaviour unchecked and all of a sudden you've got yourselves a greens voter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

The Fair Work commission is a joke. You won't find a single labour economist that supports it unless they are on the books of the corporations that endorse it.
    The main issues with it are that the fines are too small to be a deterrent and that wages growth has pretty much stalled because of countervailing power in the awards process ultimately favouring business - especially larger ones and corporations.

In the period between 1946-1972 the countervailing power ran the other way and businesses were copping a very unfair deal. Although governments were also an employer of last resort and more than happy to accomodate closing any spending gap between actual and potential GDP with fiscal policy.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 17-12-2019 at 11:46 AM.