Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: The EPL Thread aka Euro Snobs

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    beating the top six then losing to the bottom six used to be the MO of another club

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Disagree even the top teams have off days, West Ham is just annoying
    West Ham didn't beat a top team though did they??

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Dear Liverpool people:
    Was Brendan Rodgers liked by the players when he was there? because the knock on him was he was a bit of a weirdo, but the Lester team is humming. His teams have always played attacking football, so is he a good manager?

also, not sure who signed them but totally rebuilding that squad bringing in the likes of Maddison, Ndidi, and Iheanacho in over the course of what, 2 seasons for just over 80 million net spend (a.k.a One Harry Maguire) and an academy talent like Chilwell. thats some insane recruiting.

From memory he was reasonably well liked. It was towards the ends when results didn’t happen that people lost patience.

For the most part, he did play attacking, but with the likes of peak sturridge, Suarez and a developing Sterling being fed by Stevie G, it wasn’t the hardest of gigs.
    Problem came when teams figured out we were ruthless on the counter and set up defensively, we’d have the ball for 80 minutes wondering wtf to do with it only for buy a vowel skrtel and Agger to turn it over.

It’s only really been the last season or two that we have started to develop plans B and C and D.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Son reminds me of my younger days tearing it up for Charlestown Hotspurs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjJyA19URHY
    Now, I do recall Graham Jennings scoring a very similar goal to this for Rosebuds back in the 70's - actually he started his run nearer the corner flag than Son!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Now, I do recall Graham Jennings scoring a very similar goal to this for Rosebuds back in the 70's - actually he started his run nearer the corner flag than Son!
    He played for the Socceroos didnt he? I remember him coming to my year 3 class back in the day and talking about it or the Olympics

"2-0...and you f***ed it up"
    I'm sure that salty old dog Martin Atkinson did all he could to help the cause.
    What a sh!t draw for Wolves tho. City on a Friday then Liverpool on a Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    "2-0...and you f***ed it up"
    I'm sure that salty old dog Martin Atkinson did all he could to help the cause.
    What a sh!t draw for Wolves tho. City on a Friday then Liverpool on a Sunday.
    I mean, City played with 10 men for 80 minutes and one of the goals conceded probably should have been a free kick their way. Wolves were very lucky to get anything out of the game let alone win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I mean, City played with 10 men for 80 minutes and one of the goals conceded probably should have been a free kick their way. Wolves were very lucky to get anything out of the game let alone win.
    Are you referring to when Mendy coughed it up when he was outmuscled by Mr Muscle himself, Adama Traore?
    Mehhh...not hard enuf son...and he knew it too judging by his reaction.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KuSgsVjk9Q

And I thought Milner had muscles in his sh!t. This Traore bloke has them in his snot too!
    I'll be watching with interest tomorrow morning as to how Klopp deals with this monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Are you referring to when Mendy coughed it up when he was outmuscled by Mr Muscle himself, Adama Traore?
    Mehhh...not hard enuf son...and he knew it too judging by his reaction.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KuSgsVjk9Q

And I thought Milner had muscles in his sh!t. This Traore bloke has them in his snot too!
    I'll be watching with interest tomorrow morning as to how Klopp deals with this monster.
    Imagine if Mendy was the attacking player and Traore did that. Free kick all day. I mean, he did practically the same challenge about 10 minutes later and was pinned. Hence my "probably should have been a free kick" comment.

City should have scored another couple before they took KDB off. Once he went off Wolves actually looked like they were in the game.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

So Tottenham are handed a point by VAR, Chelsea should have lost after Jorginho was sent off for the clearest of second yellows you'll ever see, and now Liverpool are getting even more VAR calls go their way. EPL refs are somehow getting worse, and less subtle with their bias.

Not as bad as the ref at Man City who actually set up the first goal.

I hadn't seen that until you mentioned it. Pretty lucky for City there. Was a great control in the end.

Was a pleasure to watch the Old Firm Derby last night sans VAR.

Reckon there is more grief and controversy with the correct VAR decisions in the EPL this week than with the handball not given in Scotland.

Banned
    That just a ref who don't know the rules

The rule changed this season in relation to the ball striking the ref

That started a promising attack for Man City so should have been stopped and a drop ball to Staff its awarded

Can't help when the refs don't even know the rules

So Tottenham are handed a point by VAR, Chelsea should have lost after Jorginho was sent off for the clearest of second yellows you'll ever see, and now Liverpool are getting even more VAR calls go their way. EPL refs are somehow getting worse, and less subtle with their bias.
    I might joke about the refs and VAR ect ect.

But it really is a blight on the game. Other than off the ball incidents everything should be handled by the man in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    I might joke about the refs and VAR ect ect.

But it really is a blight on the game. Other than off the ball incidents everything should be handled by the man in the middle.
    Watching that young fella from Wolves celebrate like a lunatic and then have it all shitcanned is everything that is wrong with the VAR.
    It will ruin football.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey;234***
    Watching that young fella from Wolves celebrate like a lunatic and then have it all shitcanned is everything that is wrong with the VAR.
    It will ruin football.
    Agree.
    In the ground you could’ve heard a pin drop when he scored and that celebration was perfect. Made every Liverpool supporter think he was a C... but couldn’t do anything about it.
    That’s what football is.

What a goal from Brighton. Fair play

Another fairly simple VAR decision goes Spuds way... Mourinho obviously spending his enormous salary on ref decisions.

Another fairly simple VAR decision goes Spuds way... Mourinho obviously spending his enormous salary on ref decisions.
    Doesn't matter tho.