Page 39 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    FBK is old and past it. Who cares?
    I'm with you, I didnt realize he'd be 35 by the time the next season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    FBK signs with Roar.

Love your work Lawrie.

Feeling the blowtorch so leaks a list of BS targets to mates in local press. Fans lap it up and completely forget what a basketcase of a club we are. The art of distraction.

Still got the best 2nd keeper warming the bench though #wegotthis
    Don't see your point cause FBK is past it, we have two visa spots and we shouldn't waste one on him

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    You'll take all this back once our new technical director Terry Venables gets here and sorts this mess out.
    It's true.... and what a squad he will have to work with

Nathan Burns, Mark Milligan, Alan Baro, Mitch Nichols and Marcelo Carrusca. Going to be the Jets Invincibles. Golden years are almost upon us.

I must admit though, with Butters brush with the law we may actually be able to snare him as our marquee #10.

If only all the other players could be caught in their own coke scandals we would be in the box seat

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Don't see your point cause FBK is past it, we have two visa spots and we shouldn't waste one on him
    My point is, Lawrie is either incapable of signing players or talks up our chances of signing players to avoid scrutiny of his job

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/45...ing-for-keeps/
    McKinna said talks were continuing with former Socceroo Michael Thwaite, who has been without a club since released by Chinese Super League outfit Liaoning Whowin in February.

“He is definitely of interest,” McKinna said.

“He is experienced, can play as a holding midfielder or centreback and is a good character.”

Apart from Thwaite the Jets have tabled an offer with Roy O’Donovan and spoken to Fahid Ben Khalfallah.

“It shows the the calibre of player we are trying to bring to the club,” McKinna said.
    It's a pretty good tactic for Lawrie, avoid the hard questions like "why you employed the previous basket case of a manager" to then conduct a worldwide search and come up with Ernie Merrick.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    I'm with you, I didnt realize he'd be 35 by the time the next season starts.
    It's just squad management

Broich was on 500k and took a designated player position whilst FBK on 250-300K in the cap.

Jets CEO said Rooneys impending move away from Manchester United created 'an opportunity' for a club like us to bolster our front third"

Well then

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Well then
    That bloke would fit in right in with us.

****ing over rated hack

Sign him up Ernie

His cousin Sean is better. Hates gypos
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I think we can easily achive 7th/8th next season with almost the players we currently have signed if Merrick gets some tactics sorted out early and everyone plays to their level.
    Achieve? meaning attain something good at 8th? funny cause its true

nothing tells me that we are serious in achieving anything next season yet. lots of hollow talk

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    His cousin Sean is better. Hates gypos

What's happening at the Herald? It's been two weeks since Bob Dillon, Jim Gardener or any of the others have filed a football story. I'm distressed by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    What's happening at the Herald? It's been two weeks since Bob Dillon, Jim Gardener or any of the others have filed a football story. I'm distressed by this.
    Because of Fairfax cuts last year Jimmy has to report on NRL, and we know how much the Dill luvs his league. That said expect a pro Arsenal rant from him later this week.

Also - there ain't much happening, so they rely on their little "shock jock", Michael Parris to drop little bombs like Lee losing millions.

Banned
    But Pariss is odds on to turn on the club one day

His son using the EJ and he probably won't make it further

Be interesting what happens if he been writing pro Jets stories and then has a gripe with people at the club

The real impact of the cuts to Fairfax Reporting in Newcastle is lack of objectivity imo.

Gardiner and co don't have time to be chasing scoops and rely on the tips and leaks from the Jets and Knights. Gardiner can't afford to be getting Lawrie offside so the use each other. Blurs the lines between reporting and marketing material from the club.

For example, I never saw one story that questioned Lawrie's decision to appoint Jones. Whichever way you want to look at it it was a disastrous decision so where was the scrutiny.

The real impact of the cuts to Fairfax Reporting in Newcastle is lack of objectivity imo.

Gardiner and co don't have time to be chasing scoops and rely on the tips and leaks from the Jets and Knights. Gardiner can't afford to be getting Lawrie offside so the use each other. Blurs the lines between reporting and marketing material from the club.

For example, I never saw one story that questioned Lawrie's decision to appoint Jones. Whichever way you want to look at it it was a disastrous decision so where was the scrutiny.
    Excellent summation. Interesting points raised. Much journalism

Ok what do People know about Kosta Petratos and Mario Shabow. Are they a chance of being good signings??
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned

Generally speaking what journo goes on and questions the appointment of a manager??

They tend to give the new man a bit of lee way straight away

The other thing here is that JG and RD aren't exactly the greatest thinkers on the game

That where good football journalism comes when the reporter can actually write an article on their opinion

Problem is in Australia they few and far between

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Ok what do People know about Kosta Petratos and Mario Shabow. Are they a chance of being good signings??
    I be backing no on both

They are not getting runs at their current clubs

What makes you think they be world beaters coming here??

You have to ask why their current managers let them go??

They young they ain't playing

So why we sign them for??

Least with Our Caravan Georgevski etc we signing blokes who can play at other clubs bar ours

These two are failure until they prove otherwise

We already have enough failures in Clut Jackson Nabbout etc

Blokes who done **** all elsewhere trying to hold onto a professional playing career and we one of the only dumb enough clubs on the planet to pay them

There is no unbiased journalism.

This hot take was brought to you by whoever paid me enough to parrot it.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Generally speaking what journo goes on and questions the appointment of a manager??

They tend to give the new man a bit of lee way straight away

The other thing here is that JG and RD aren't exactly the greatest thinkers on the game

That where good football journalism comes when the reporter can actually write an article on their opinion

Problem is in Australia they few and far between
    Nah I meant how did Lawrie escape scrutiny once Jones was sacked. Whether the appointment was right or wrong, clearly the owner disagreed. But Lawrie just skates on by. Way too chummy with JG and RD imo