Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    Kotara put Terrace to the sword today. A result most expected to happen. 0-2 against last years top sides so far.
    You must not have got the memo, they are going to cruise it in this season and win the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchy
    Bay vs Bero
    1st 3-5
    What is going on over at Bero and the Bay... Consistancy would be nice fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield
    Suns vs. Mayfield
    1sts. 0-0
    The Suns must have finally got the new signings onto the pitch with some form of inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by HonkingDonkey View Post
    You must not have got the memo, they are going to cruise it in this season and win the league.
    I must’ve missed that one, where has it been said that Terrace would cruise into this comp and win the league? From what i’ve seen in here they have been quiet apart from results.

Judging what i saw yesterday the terrace were in it for 3/4 of the game. Even up 1-0 at one stage. Was surprising to see the game locked 0-0 at half time with both goal keepers kept busy. At the end Kotara just had the legs to overcome the terrace. Was a quality game and the terrace are playing some nice football.

As for saying 0/2 against last years top I wouldn't say they are being disgraced

Quote Originally Posted by HonkingDonkey View Post

What is going on over at Bero and the Bay... Consistancy would be nice fellas.

The Suns must have finally got the new signings onto the pitch with some form of inspiration.
    Was the first week we haven't multiple players starting two games, so yeah that does help having a bigger squad of boys to choose from. Although we only had our second choice keeper available and therefor had two outfield players play in goals in other grades. Can't remember the last time we went 3 rounds without a win in any grade but with more of the boys available now there's plenty of confidence the wins will come.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Some new signings may have helped the real tigers also, good to see the tangerines performing
    Who were they Red?

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate
    I must’ve missed that one, where has it been said that Terrace would cruise into this comp and win the league?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    The mighty Raymond Terrace will win this Competition. Very confident

Very Confident.

Quote Originally Posted by slipperystriker View Post
    Judging what i saw yesterday the terrace were in it for 3/4 of the game. Even up 1-0 at one stage. Was surprising to see the game locked 0-0 at half time with both goal keepers kept busy. At the end Kotara just had the legs to overcome the terrace. Was a quality game and the terrace are playing some nice football.

As for saying 0/2 against last years top I wouldn't say they are being disgraced
    Terrace definitely not disgraced, 4-1 was flattering to Kotara. RT will give most a game at home, as said above just ran out of legs a bit. Thought their lower grades were poor but 1sts should get enough points to avoid the drop.

The one thing Raymond Terrace could work on is the Sausage Sandwiches. After 25 odd beers the night before all The Anvil wanted was a park football sausage sandwich. He was given 1 slice of bread with a snag, cmon🤔... obviously what they save in bread cost is counteracted by the $3.50 beers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anvil View Post
    The one thing Raymond Terrace could work on is the Sausage Sandwiches. After 25 odd beers the night before all The Anvil wanted was a park football sausage sandwich. He was given 1 slice of bread with a snag, cmon��... obviously what they save in bread cost is counteracted by the $3.50 beers.
    $3.50 beers > single slice sausage snags. Don't ruin it for everyone.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Who were they Red?
    three lads from the gunners who all played first grade last year, all capable footballers

Quote Originally Posted by holding_midfield View Post
    Terrace definitely not disgraced, 4-1 was flattering to Kotara.
    who are you kidding 4-1 is a flogging

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Their new to the comp and must have missed the Kotara memo about kicking it long to the fast kid up front

ever heard of a team playing better/worse than a score line reflected?

Just like Dudley flogging Swansea. I believe thats a difference of 4 goals opposed to 3 you flog.

From what i saw the terrace keeper had a solid 1 on 1 that forced him to stay down early on in the match, they definitely knew about him.

ever heard of a team playing better/worse than a score line reflected?
    Swansea getting beat 6-2

Just like Dudley flogging Swansea. I believe thats a difference of 4 goals opposed to 3 you flog.

From what i saw the terrace keeper had a solid 1 on 1 that forced him to stay down early on in the match, they definitely knew about him.
    C'mon mate! lets not stoop to name calling like our mates over at Cardiff.... Now I'm not sure if you can count (I'd assume you'd be good at it having those extra fingers and toes) but kotara scored 4 times the amount of goals as terrace did.... flogged.

Swansea getting beat 6-2
    Swansea probably played well though
    Last edited by MisplacedPasses; 01-05-2019 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Missed the salty terrace bloke's flog comment

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Misplacedsonsofhors View Post
    C'mon mate! lets not stoop to name calling like our mates over at Cardiff.... Now I'm not sure if you can count (I'd assume you'd be good at it having those extra fingers and toes) but kotara scored 4 times the amount of goals as terrace did.... flogged.
    Where did Cardiff say stuff? If there was it would have been well deserved.

kotara scored 4 times the amount of goals as terrace did.... flogged.
    Very insightful, surprised fox sports havent done away with their pundits and just got you on board to read out scorelines

Very insightful, surprised fox sports havent done away with their pundits and just got you on board to read out scorelines
    Just have to put it simply for some readers unfortunately

Round 4 Predictions
    Saturday
    Cardiff (8th) vs. W. Bay (7th)

Cardiff got their season kicked off last week with a 4-1 win over Barnsley. Having now opened their account for the season they turn their eyes to an inconsistent W. Bay. After an impressive win last round over the Suns, W. Bay lost in a goal fest 5-3 to Bero. They have now gone loss-win-loss which is the type of form that plagued their season last year. I’m tipping a draw as both teams have shown too much inconsistent for me to try and pick the winner.
    Draw 2-2

Mayfield (1st) vs. R. Terrace (6th)
    Mayfield climbed to the top of the table with a 0-0 draw against Suns last week. They have the competition tightest defence having only conceded 1 goal in their opening 3 games. Terrace have now suffered back to back losses against competition big guns Dudley and Kotara. They now must test themselves again against another completion favourite and travel to Mayfield. If the Terrace want to challenge for the top four, they will need to take points from the big teams. I’m tipping Mayfield to have a comfortable home win.
    Mayfield 4-0

Sunday
    Dudley (4th) vs. Barnsley (9th)

Dudley have recovered from their opening day loss with back to back wins including an impressive mauling of competition dark horses, Swansea (6-2). Barnsley have now suffered back to back defeats and have now developed the competitions worst defence conceding a whopping 12 goals in their open 3 games. I’m tipping Dudley to take an easy home win a put themselves clear in the top four.
    Dudley 3-0

Kotara (5th) vs. Swansea (2nd)

This week’s match of the round will be a test of two team’s credentials for the year. Having finished 4th and 5th last season this game will demonstrate if either team has taken the next step. Kotara, looking to better their 4th place finish last season while Swansea must win these types of games to have a chance at cracking the top four. Swansea’s positive start to the year was given a big wake up call with a heavy loss to Dudley last week. Another loss against a top four team from last year may hurt confidence in cracking the top four. I’m tipping a draw.
    Draw 2-2

Bero. (3rd) vs. Suns (10th)
    Bero have surprisingly found themselves in 3rd place. A long way from the relegation position that they were tipped for. They have score an impressive league high 13 goals in 3 games. The Suns stemmed their poor start to their season with a 0-0 draw against Mayfield, but have found themselves alone at the bottom of the table. I’m tipping Bero to grab another home win.
    Bero 3-2