Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Is this the same save where you won the league beating City? 4-0??
    Victory over Victory, not City... but yeah. With wet weather and a few major IT issues, work was hectic last week so only got through a few pre-season games and early FFA Cup. Have City in next FFA Cup game.

Mid November, SE02.

Top of the league with a 3-2-1 record and MV in the FFA Cup final soon. Marquee AML is very good, second in scoring charts with 4 in 9 behind Kokko who has 5 in 8 (missed a game due to Finland call up). That youth guy has 1 goal in 2 caps for the Socceroos... but none in 4 (3 from bench) for Jets yet.

Clut just re-signed as back up on peanuts and Kokko just re-signed with no increase to his salary for two more years. What a legend.
    Unless they both take a substantial pay cut, Boogaard and Haliti are gone as I cannot justify their wages on back ups.
    Need to decide if I am keeping Arcaba or Bray as they are about the same ability wise and both off contract. Thinking Bray because of age but Arcaba has held the starting spot for both seasons so dunno.
    Petratos, Alessi and Sawyer are being let go.

Mabil on loan has been a bit disappointing... only one goal and no assists. The Brazilian LB though has been amazing... one goal and five assists and his hands down best performer in the league at the moment.

Poljak is now the weakness in my team (apart from GK) so hopefully can pick up a replacement from Europe when they all start getting released.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Mid November, SE02.

Top of the league with a 3-2-1 record and MV in the FFA Cup final soon. Marquee AML is very good, second in scoring charts with 4 in 9 behind Kokko who has 5 in 8 (missed a game due to Finland call up). That youth guy has 1 goal in 2 caps for the Socceroos... but none in 4 (3 from bench) for Jets yet.

Clut just re-signed as back up on peanuts and Kokko just re-signed with no increase to his salary for two more years. What a legend.
    Unless they both take a substantial pay cut, Boogaard and Haliti are gone as I cannot justify their wages on back ups.
    Need to decide if I am keeping Arcaba or Bray as they are about the same ability wise and both off contract. Thinking Bray because of age but Arcaba has held the starting spot for both seasons so dunno.
    Petratos, Alessi and Sawyer are being let go.

Mabil on loan has been a bit disappointing... only one goal and no assists. The Brazilian LB though has been amazing... one goal and five assists and his hands down best performer in the league at the moment.

Poljak is now the weakness in my team (apart from GK) so hopefully can pick up a replacement from Europe when they all start getting released.
    Nicely done
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

I am almost £600k in the red though. Season to date have made £800k profit but there is SFA income other than TV so by end of season that projection is to lose £600k more and be 1.2m in the tank. Basically, need to win ACL and get into SF of CWC to break even.

And we are likely to go further in the red after the club announced plans to purchase Hunter Stadium.

I am almost £600k in the red though. Season to date have made £800k profit but there is SFA income other than TV so by end of season that projection is to lose £600k more and be 1.2m in the tank. Basically, need to win ACL and get into SF of CWC to break even.
    That's minimum expectations. Otherwise, we the fans are calling for your head. And no blaming it on shit players - it's not just a game
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    That's minimum expectations. Otherwise, we the fans are calling for your head. And no blaming it on shit players - it's not just a game
    Oh, I blame the shit players. Play poorly, end up in the youth. Play poorly repeatedly, you get dumped. That's why Mullen is busy being rubbish in Wellington, Vujica has left for some youth team football in Western Sydney whilst Kanta stinks up their first team and the Hoff has been abysmal in Adelaide. No shit player merry go round for me.

Oh, I blame the shit players. Play poorly, end up in the youth. Play poorly repeatedly, you get dumped. That's why Mullen is busy being rubbish in Wellington, Vujica has left for some youth team football in Western Sydney whilst Kanta stinks up their first team and the Hoff has been abysmal in Adelaide. No shit player merry go round for me.
    Can you replace Jones???
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Can you replace Jones???
    I hate to tell you this Stanny but if you are playing a game at the Jets where he is still in charge, you've somehow signed up to be the Youth Manager.

I hate to tell you this Stanny but if you are playing a game at the Jets where he is still in charge, you've somehow signed up to be the Youth Manager.
    Hahahahahah

love at first sight

Hey Grim what manager coaching badges did you start with?

love at first sight

Auto, so whatever it recommends.

Made it to Jan transfer window, season 2, with a 9-4-1 record, 22 for and 10 against. So UnJets. Coasties are coming second as well... game is broke.

Kokko has faded after early hot pace, 5 in 8 now to 6 in 17 Wanker went to shit right after extension!
    Young striker regen got his first goal (for club), might start pushing Kokko to the bench if he doesn't score.

Petratos left for WS on a free (glad they fixed mid-season transfers like that) and Boogaard was in discussions with Perth but turned them down. Pre-empted him going and brought in a 22yo Brazilian DC to sit alongside my Brazilian DL. Pair of them are easily best two in the squad.

Still haven't decided on Bray or Arcaba but I have Holmes on loan and his contract is up, so if I can move Boogaard on, I may just sign him.

Kokko reads the foz. Just scored a brace.

About to make cash for the Jets, first ACL game.

Drawn with Guangzhou, Buriram and a made up J-League club. Should get at least two wins from that, sneak a third and get a draw or two in there and I am off to knock out stages.

About to make cash for the Jets, first ACL game.

Drawn with Guangzhou, Buriram and a made up J-League club. Should get at least two wins from that, sneak a third and get a draw or two in there and I am off to knock out stages.
    Good luck. Wish my Jets series were this exciting

love at first sight

Good luck. Wish my Jets series were this exciting
    Had Guangzhou away first and destroyed them. Jackson Martinez, earning more than entire Jets senior, youth and staff put together was shut out by Mateo Poljak screening in front of Tom Beadling and Lachlan Jackson. Mabil, Kokko, AML guy and Brazilian DL all scored... and it could have been more as I cracked 25 shots off to their 3.

Got a 90 minute flight coming up, see how much i can get thru on that.

Had Guangzhou away first and destroyed them. Jackson Martinez, earning more than entire Jets senior, youth and staff put together was shut out by Mateo Poljak screening in front of Tom Beadling and Lachlan Jackson. Mabil, Kokko, AML guy and Brazilian DL all scored... and it could have been more as I cracked 25 shots off to their 3.

Got a 90 minute flight coming up, see how much i can get thru on that.
    Wow super stuff

Have been playing 2014 on and off but might have to purchase 2017. Or should I just wait till November and get the new one?

2017 is probably a better bet given how shit they are on release. A League wasn't playable until two or three patches in.