Page 103 of 154 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3077

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

[QUOTE=Ghost of Plague;243495]If the product was worth the price we'd have a bidding war.
    When people continually walk away and more importantly never actually even exist you need to point the finger squarely at the people asking too much for their half chewed bag of dicks of a club.

The use of ‘bag of dicks’ was outstanding in the Ghost’s post

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    If the product was worth the price we'd have a bidding war.
    When people continually walk away and more importantly never actually even exist you need to point the finger squarely at the people asking too much for their half chewed bag of dicks of a club.
    New commission needs to grow a pair and just take the club back and give it away to some real live people. Any percieved threat that Lee will lawyer up to fight it are absurd. He won't pay the tea lady hows he gonna spring for a legal fight he knows he can't win especially when 'winning' means you get to keep the ****ing Newcastle Jets.

The only true outcome is for this to be a long play by Donald Trump to start a trade war with the Chinese, purposely lose the election by killing a quarter million potential American bidders and swoop in to secure the Jets dirt cheap.

I for one welcome Ivanka as our new CEO. Lord knows she's already done a better job than that gypo.
    I bet the member wishes he was still around to take ownership over such a great post.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if authorities raided Lawries house and discovered 10,000 Jet shaped hats.
    If he had those the club would be financially viable. He could afford to buy the club himself twice over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Why is no other media running with this, something smells
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Why is no other media running with this, something smells
    I may have missed it but it’s odd there’s no Herald article covering it.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    I may have missed it but it’s odd there’s no Herald article covering it.
    Thinking this all day....something strange.

Will talk to Membah and Plague on Parler to get the real goss.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    part of

JETS chief executive Lawrie McKinna has reopened talks with two potential buyers and insists the embattled club has the player and financial resources to thrive in the A-League.

With the Jets' season opener against the Mariners less than three weeks away, the ownership issues are no closer to being resolved after a group fronted by prominent player agent Buddy Farah withdrew from negotiations this week.

The investors had been in a period of exclusive negotiations and the transfer of the club from Martin Lee to the new group was expected to be finalised by Monday - opening the way for the Jets to sign a new coach and recruit players.

"We have reopened talks with two potential buyers who were engaged before," Mckinna said. "It's not all doom and gloom. The club will be in the competition next season. Negotiations were well down the track before the other guys went into the exclusivity period.

"It will take time but a lot of the stuff has already been done. They were on the radar before we went into exclusivity. We have zoom conferences with FFA at the beginning of next week. I am pushing hard with that because the other consortium pulled out at late notice."

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    part of
    Honestly, we really need to get this parasite out of our club quickly if we want to have any chance of surviving. I'm all for enjoying the shit show that is and always has been the Newcastle Jerks, but he's taking it too far now.

We really better start hoping the other clubs love our shenanigans enough to warrant buying the licence back from Mr Lee, cause we are in huge debts and the FFA/other teams can't just keep the club going without paying most of those debts first.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Problem would be solved if the license was stripped.

No money for over year? If this was a local consortium they'd be long gone.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

This I agree with. New buyer pays out debt. License is theirs

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

If they strip the licence we'd need to find somewhere else to play. Cause they owe $4 million or something to the stadium. There's no way they let a new Jets owner play out of their stadium without the debt paid.

Wasn’t the no money for 12 months clarified to mean that he made a big lump sum payment to cover the seasons spending.

I’m no lawyer but I feel like any failure to pay wages would result in warnings and eventual stripping of licence. We’ve all heard the “we’ve got no money coming in” line, but as long as he’s paying those wages and the bare minimum, he’s under no obligation to spend more right?

Idk. I feel like everything’s not adding up.

Lee sells to a buyer.
    Lee hangs on, and funds the season with bare minimum and nobody can do anything about it.
    Lee can’t make payments and the league takes over the licence and funds/funds a buyer
    Lee can’t make payments and we fold.

Is there any other option here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Wasn’t the no money for 12 months clarified to mean that he made a big lump sum payment to cover the seasons spending.

I’m no lawyer but I feel like any failure to pay wages would result in warnings and eventual stripping of licence. We’ve all heard the “we’ve got no money coming in” line, but as long as he’s paying those wages and the bare minimum, he’s under no obligation to spend more right?

Idk. I feel like everything’s not adding up.

Lee sells to a buyer.
    Lee hangs on, and funds the season with bare minimum and nobody can do anything about it.
    Lee can’t make payments and the league takes over the licence and funds/funds a buyer
    Lee can’t make payments and we fold.

Is there any other option here?
    All the wages are up to date same with super as of a few weeks ago as the club said
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Fox money pays wages so that bit is fine.

Friendly with roar is live now
    Www.ncf.live/2020jetsroar

Featuring The Puddle 🤣

I can think of a few good reasons why you would not show buyers your financial records, so I'll just sit and wait and hope that they know what they're doin
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    I can think of a few good reasons why you would not show buyers your financial records, so I'll just sit and wait and hope that they know what they're doin
    I don't think any potential buyer who would have amassed enough money in there professional life to acquire a Football team who would not be diligent enough to insist upon viewing them.

Just how dumb ass of a buyer are you waiting for ?.

1-1.
    We're so good at drawing we should start art classes...