Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018/19 Squad

Watch the replay of Brattans goal. Miller showed his punditry skills match his coaching credentials by suggesting Topor should have advanced. Not sure Topor could have done much more than try to be big and block. Ridenton as a 6 should have been all over Brattan but he was coasting about 3m away from him. Numerous examples of a lazy track or a really very average touch for a A League player so far this year. He surely must go if he takes a Visa spot. Kilkenny (amazingly), looks like Iniesta compared to Ridenton and his work rate is way ahead for a guy 10 years senior. He isnt great but certainly a pro. Loads of better options around than Ridenton. The only other with a question mark is Johnny. Why we left him on for the entire game v Roar when the poor kid is recovering from a major illness and hadnt kicked a ball in 7 months astounds me. He was nowhere near both goals, one to prevent the cross and the other to clean up back stick in the final minutes. He needs a decent stint in the Youth team to regain fitness and confidence. Jackson comes in certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    Watch the replay of Brattans goal. Miller showed his punditry skills match his coaching credentials by suggesting Topor should have advanced. Not sure Topor could have done much more than try to be big and block. Ridenton as a 6 should have been all over Brattan but he was coasting about 3m away from him. Numerous examples of a lazy track or a really very average touch for a A League player so far this year. He surely must go if he takes a Visa spot. Kilkenny (amazingly), looks like Iniesta compared to Ridenton and his work rate is way ahead for a guy 10 years senior. He isnt great but certainly a pro. Loads of better options around than Ridenton. The only other with a question mark is Johnny. Why we left him on for the entire game v Roar when the poor kid is recovering from a major illness and hadnt kicked a ball in 7 months astounds me. He was nowhere near both goals, one to prevent the cross and the other to clean up back stick in the final minutes. He needs a decent stint in the Youth team to regain fitness and confidence. Jackson comes in certainly.
    Nah put Hoff back at fullback if Johnny K needs early subbing. Jacko doesnt play full back again if Ernie is serious about finals. Also Cowburn should be starting ahead of Ridenton every day of the week

For sure Johnny was spent in the Roar match but I thought he ran out the game well against City (he played the whole match didnt he?).

Def be keeping him there.
    I'm not a big Jackson fan.

Big fan of Johnny too, just weird to keep him on v Roar. Agree better v City but 3 points lost v Roar and we are 7 down now. . Cowburn for Ridenton? Agree. I would grow a friggin Sideburn than see Ridenton play so not fussed. Need a result v Victory. Maybe just maybe no Vargas help Petratros? He and Ronny seem to get in each others way. Ronny class and Dimi everywhere but poor Dimi is all flame but no fire. As a 10 I think he might get the mojo back. Sheppard right. Jair left and ODonovan top.

Banned
    You guys are off your rocker complaining about Ridenton

Bloke is 10 times the player Kanta was at his age

He is spraying passes around like he is Biscuits and you are worried about him.being in the.side

Bloke is more than adequately justifying a spot in the team at present

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Ridenton is poor

Ridenton is no Sugar. But, at the moment, Sugar is no Sugar.

If we paying Ridenton peanuts then yes we are getting what we paid for.

Ridenton not worth his salary or visa spot. Period.

Speaking of rubbish. What have we learnt from last nights games. Answer? This is not a great league and average players in the main can sneak under the radar. Unfortunately for Sydney, but to much hilarity for the rest of us, the radar was operational last night and their back 3 statues of Wilkinson, Zullo and Calver were found wanting whilst Redmayne was his usual calamitous best. The Jets need some luck and a run of 2 or 3 in a row and they sneak into the 6. For the first time in a long while, there is no clear cut favourite here. Perth top of the league? With players like Reddy, Lowry, Djulbic and Santalab? All journey men, all average. Kilkenny looks great but we know he isnt.
    A mate of mine from the UK sends me messages when we laud La Foundre, Keough and O'Donovan here when all were frog marched out of The Championship. The A League is an honest league that we hope will improve with expansion but certainly not something to be daunted by if looking for some luck and upsets. The Jets are due some luck and upsets are ripe for the picking. Start with Victory.........

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Ridenton not worth his salary or visa spot. Period.
    Only early days but this a post of the year candidate right here

Speaking of rubbish. What have we learnt from last nights games. Answer? This is not a great league and average players in the main can sneak under the radar. Unfortunately for Sydney, but to much hilarity for the rest of us, the radar was operational last night and their back 3 statues of Wilkinson, Zullo and Calver were found wanting whilst Redmayne was his usual calamitous best. The Jets need some luck and a run of 2 or 3 in a row and they sneak into the 6. For the first time in a long while, there is no clear cut favourite here. Perth top of the league? With players like Reddy, Lowry, Djulbic and Santalab? All journey men, all average. Kilkenny looks great but we know he isnt.
    A mate of mine from the UK sends me messages when we laud La Foundre, Keough and O'Donovan here when all were frog marched out of The Championship. The A League is an honest league that we hope will improve with expansion but certainly not something to be daunted by if looking for some luck and upsets. The Jets are due some luck and upsets are ripe for the picking. Start with Victory.........
    Perth will win the league this year.

They may not be filled with super stars, but they have enough quality and skilful youth who have been given the freedom by the manager to showcase their ability. Popa has implemented a system that works for the players he has available (much like Merrick did with us last year) and they're performing above their 'average' ability. The players believe in the system and clearly have a great chemistry. This is all you need to win games and trophies.

Same old story for The Jets. Owned the game and couldnt capitalise. I know it may appear that I am carrying an agenda but when they are paid to play I figure footballers are open to criticism. I will lighten the load and add a little anonymity. Whichever NZ international passed that ball back to Melb for Troisi to slot home a pearler should not play again. He is off the pace, one dimensional and not a professional footballers ass. He is to The Jets what Robbie Krusre is to The Socceroos. Just sayin. #RidentinOUT

Do you have an agenda, Onyatoes?

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Banned
    Great news

Apparently the Gypo CEO has decided to give Johnny K a 3 year deal

Best thing done all season

Hey Mr Lee - 'This is definitely not the end' - Yaya Toure keen to keep playing

Same old story for The Jets. Owned the game and couldnt capitalise. I know it may appear that I am carrying an agenda but when they are paid to play I figure footballers are open to criticism. I will lighten the load and add a little anonymity. Whichever NZ international passed that ball back to Melb for Troisi to slot home a pearler should not play again. He is off the pace, one dimensional and not a professional footballers ass. He is to The Jets what Robbie Krusre is to The Socceroos. Just sayin. #RidentinOUT
    Ridenton played better than pretty much the entire Melbourne Victory squad on the day. The difference being that Victory capitalised on their opportunities and the Jets did not.

The passing and distribution from Ridenton was top notch. The only criticism of him is that he's lacking physically and can be pushed off the ball. But as far as passing ability and vision he's a bit of a hand full for the opposition.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Ridenton played better than pretty much the entire Melbourne Victory squad on the day. The difference being that Victory capitalised on their opportunities and the Jets did not.

The passing and distribution from Ridenton was top notch. The only criticism of him is that he's lacking physically and can be pushed off the ball. But as far as passing ability and vision he's a bit of a hand full for the opposition.
    You must be a smart man

Akso xalling that Ridenton is spraying it around like he is Biscuits

No doubt he has some things to work on n his game but we have potentially a very good player at this level in time

Hopefully a few other people will see this soon

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...