Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    I’m sure I can find a contact number for NF on my own just fine thanks. I also think they deserve a bit of credit for making the early call to throw in an extra washout weekend so quite a lot of clubs including my own can get all their catch up matchs in.

As for my club let’s just say that first grade probably won’t be playing finals football but the lower grades are very much alive. You’re the most intelligent person on this forum so I’m sure you can narrow it down from there. Also makes your comment about the lower grades feeling disrespected if only the FG finals format changes look like absolute nonsense.
    geez thanks for that, "most intelligent on the forum" you sound so eloquent with your praise. I should tell my missus what you wrote, she says I'm a dumb arse, all the time.

Correct, its not hard to work out, especially if you are telling the truth, but why are you so scared to say which club you support?

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    I should tell my missus what you wrote, she says I'm a dumb arse, all the time.
    Shouldn't let people speak to you like that, mate. It's not very nice.

I’m sure I can find a contact number for NF on my own just fine thanks. I also think they deserve a bit of credit for making the early call to throw in an extra washout weekend so quite a lot of clubs including my own can get all their catch up matchs in.

As for my club let’s just say that first grade probably won’t be playing finals football but the lower grades are very much alive. You’re the most intelligent person on this forum so I’m sure you can narrow it down from there. Also makes your comment about the lower grades feeling disrespected if only the FG finals format changes look like absolute nonsense.
    If your first grade is out of finals, why were you so hung up on taking it back to two legs?

Don't know why people hide who they are affiliated to in here. Well I do know why, but that's just how it is I guess for some. The most credible people in here do not hide who they are.

Ps. I'm from the Suns. Thought I better come out and stop hiding.....
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    If your first grade is out of finals, why were you so hung up on taking it back to two legs?

Don't know why people hide who they are affiliated to in here. Well I do know why, but that's just how it is I guess for some. The most credible people in here do not hide who they are.

Ps. I'm from the Suns. Thought I better come out and stop hiding.....
    If my club made the finals a one off game would probably give us a far better chance of advancing to the GF but that’s not the point. I like many others follow the rest of the competition and I was merely pointing out that if there was a chance to at least maintain the original format for first grade maybe it should be looked at. I can’t believe the backlash I’ve received from Jardel. You would have thought I had run over his dog with how animated and defensive he got.

Also you wonder why people hide who they are affiliated with? Im surprised you of all people would question that lofty. The heat you’ve copped on here recently for the player ineligibility saga and basically having to defend your whole clubs actions as a one man band. Respect to you for being ok with being in that position but I’m sure it’s one that many others would rather not be in.

If my club made the finals a one off game would probably give us a far better chance of advancing to the GF but that’s not the point. I like many others follow the rest of the competition and I was merely pointing out that if there was a chance to at least maintain the original format for first grade maybe it should be looked at. I can’t believe the backlash I’ve received from Jardel. You would have thought I had run over his dog with how animated and defensive he got.

Also you wonder why people hide who they are affiliated with? Im surprised you of all people would question that lofty. The heat you’ve copped on here recently for the player ineligibility saga and basically having to defend your whole clubs actions as a one man band. Respect to you for being ok with being in that position but I’m sure it’s one that many others would rather not be in.
    I understand where you are coming from with wanting to keep to the original format and as I have said previously, I think most wanted it to stay as two legs. Not only for the fairness of competetion, but also the extra cream you get from canteen on a finals day. It is what it is now and with everything that's happened the last few seasons, I think everyone just wants to get on with it without anymore changes.

Yes I have copped heat from everyone. I think the majority was coming from annonymous people. Everyone that actually represents who they are were understanding once the facts were laid out. At the end of the day, it's much easier to be a keyboard warrior and hide your identity than it is to be proud of who you represent and back yourself even when the chips are down. I think I was pretty tolerant considering some of the imbiciles that wanted to have their 2 cents worth of something they didn't know the full story of.

We are mostly all here for the right reasons and the same reason. To play and enjoy football. I've been around long enough now to not let the small percentage get to me. People that know me personally, know the character that I am and that's all that matters. There will forever be people that hate the Suns and that doesn't bother me at all. It would be better if there was less hate, but that's just how some people are.

Enough of the dribble from me anyway. I'm thoroughly looking forward to seeing how the rest of the season pans out and to finally be able to enjoy a finals series for the first time in 3 years!
    It's football, not s***er!!

Banned
    Correct, its not hard to work out, especially if you are telling the truth, but why are you so scared to say which club you support?
    Truth on forums, thats tricky. The amount of home turf bias makes that almost impossible.

It’s because he coaches 3rd grade.

Any grounds in danger of a wash out tomorrow

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Any grounds in danger of a wash out tomorrow
    most of them in danger. the few usuals will play. anyone up the bay? youre on

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    It’s because he coaches 3rd grade.
    so why does it matter who i coach, never hid that, most know who i am.

My 1st grade more than likely will not be in the finals, a hundred results need to go our way, just like zonals wont be.

To me its all about keep the comps consistent, across the grades and across the divisions, in the end i didn't like his idea, some might i don't, its a forum for christ sake.

so why does it matter who i coach, never hid that, most know who i am.

My 1st grade more than likely will not be in the finals, a hundred results need to go our way, just like zonals wont be.

To me its all about keep the comps consistent, across the grades and across the divisions, in the end i didn't like his idea, some might i don't, its a forum for christ sake.
    Agreed we don’t have to like every idea thrown up. I like the different ideas thrown up some are good some not so good. But when there is an idea thrown up that people don’t love we are quick to rip in. If there is an idea usually it’s made cause people care about the comp. I’d be worried if there was no ideas being thrown up cause then that means no one gives a stuff like the division above.

Now back to football. Are all games on today

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Agreed we don’t have to like every idea thrown up. I like the different ideas thrown up some are good some not so good. But when there is an idea thrown up that people don’t love we are quick to rip in. If there is an idea usually it’s made cause people care about the comp. I’d be worried if there was no ideas being thrown up cause then that means no one gives a stuff like the division above.

Now back to football. Are all games on today
    Completely agree with this. It’s a forum for crying out loud. Different ideas should be thrown around and not automatically met with responses such as ‘worst idea I’ve ever heard’ or the word ‘dumbest’ being thrown in the mix. Especially when that is clearly an over exaggerated response anyway. I expect there is zero to nil chance I will ever receive an apology from a particular poster and that’s fine. I just hope they learn to at least be more open in listening to other posters ideas and not be so aggressive in dismissing them in the future.

Bring on the football. Surely this late in the season all games are on? We haven’t had that much rain.

Cooks Hill vs Suns
    1st 0-6 (ht 0-3)
    Res 4-0
    3rds 1-4
    Firsts wrap up the title!!!

Cardiff v Westlakes

3rds 6-1
    Res 6-0
    1st 4-0

Was a tough day for us. All 3 games played in good spirits with a little bit of heat in Ressies at times but nothing silly which is never a bad thing.

Well done Cardiff thanks for the day
    Last edited by Incognito mosquito; 27-08-2022 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Miss spelt word

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    Cooks Hill vs Suns
    1st 0-6 (ht 0-3)
    Res 4-0
    3rds 1-4
    Firsts wrap up the title!!!
    Congratulations to Suns on wrapping up the Premiership. A solid sqaud across all grades and a first grade that were just more consistent across the year.

See yas next week to do the double over you for the season 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Warners will drop off back end of the season. You wait
    This aged well…

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    1st Suns Dudley Mayfield Wbay or Azzurri. Cardiff overhyped
    so did this. spot on dude

Congrats to the suns. Expected them to win it and they did.

Great to see we can finally finish a season for the first time in a while too.

Bring on finals.

ok so azzurri in 1st are the only side that can still slip in, all depends on the orange tiger v green tiger next week and then they have to win both there games
    reggies is set
    3rds similar to 1st with Azzurri having the games in hand to maybe sneak in, as long as results go there way.

Interestingly, the green tigers posted they had locked in finals in 1sts. I thought I'd missed something as they are only 5 points clear of azzuri??