Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttmeggs View Post
    Sounds like the swansea boys are a little salty about both coach and keeper leaving. Both coach and keeper have definitely made decisions based on their own situations and swansea as always is just full of blokes who think they are better than everyone else.
    Club is defo on a downward spiral end of last season had 3 accredited coaches a "B" license TD and plenty of culture and juniors.
    This season they have no accredited coaches, a bunch of self centered no hopers who are just bleeding the club dry of money and resources and now they have gone out and thrown thousands of dollars at an old geriatric - has been, and think they will win a comp.
    He is also being payed as their junior TD and holds no accreditations but swansea is on the rise. Dare say we will hear the famous quote YEAR OF THE SWAN again soon and then watch them haplessly fall short again.
    But I guess this club will neva get out of the building phase if they keep shitting on people and dedicated locals.
    Who is salty?
    The first grade coach "Majestic Swan" left and never got Swansea into any finals (and he decided to do this mid way through last year so this has nothing to do with club culture this year)

The reserve grade coach from last year has family and work commitments so couldn't coach (once again nothing to do with this year's culture) reserve grades assistant coach and Life Member of the club is still helping out, the third grade coach is concentrating on coaching the girls (once again nothing to do with the culture this year)

Then the goal keeper left to sit on the bench for Belswans under 23's and take a over age players spot.
    The only salty things are Nuttmeggs and Majestic swan, oh and the mullet running off blackies beach.

Enjoy Belswans Nuttmeggs and Majestic.
    Last edited by footballfan; 01-04-2019 at 10:33 PM.

I hope it is year of the swans

I myself left for personal reasons and I'm not going to elaborate on here why, the new keeper will fit in well and is quality I'm sure, I've got no hard feelings and any comments regarding theve upgraded are not going to bother me

Yes maybe the club's going through a little building phase but majority of the boys are still there and enjoying playing for the club, I'm sure they will be top 4 contenders

It's always hard when you get new coaching staff in and I'm sure they will iron out any kinks along the way.

I think all this needs to be just dropped and try and focus on our love for football, at the end of the day we only play it because we enjoy it and love the game , who the f#$k really cares about a player or coach leaving

Yer sorry neither are me, I'm not hiding behind a fake name

Quote Originally Posted by dennis1 View Post
    I hope it is year of the swans

I myself left for personal reasons and I'm not going to elaborate on here why, the new keeper will fit in well and is quality I'm sure, I've got no hard feelings and any comments regarding theve upgraded are not going to bother me

Yes maybe the club's going through a little building phase but majority of the boys are still there and enjoying playing for the club, I'm sure they will be top 4 contenders

It's always hard when you get new coaching staff in and I'm sure they will iron out any kinks along the way.

I think all this needs to be just dropped and try and focus on our love for football, at the end of the day we only play it because we enjoy it and love the game , who the f#$k really cares about a player or coach leaving
    Agree, players and coaches always come and go.
    It's just the lies and bullshit stories you ready on here that apparently make people a bit Salty Rain.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Who is this cm your talking about ?
    No longer at the club

Quote Originally Posted by holding_midfield View Post
    No longer at the club
    Sounds like a void left in the team for someone thats been in a holding roll to step up into.
    NextBestCMInTheLeague.

Some people are into kinks...
    And by the sounds of it some of the people around swansea feel that Sh!ting on people is something they like to pursue.

Im thinking that what all the swansea boys need is to get a nice little group threapy session going, get past the anger... engauge your sensitive sides, open yourselves up and share your feelings, Cry... hug it out, comfort each other and become better, stronger, galvanised... fall in love again, make each other feel special... OR you know, just play football.

Don't you love it when a club's dirty laundry gets aired in front on everyone, I know I do! I imagine this is what little school girls are like when they are arguing.

So, Swansea signed a new coach and is telling a few of the old boys a few home truths which they're not liking. It sounds like a few of the boys were happy coasting along in firsts and now that they have to work to get their spot back has got them offside, boohoo! have a go or leave.

To be frank, Swansea have never been a super power, bout time they've tried something.

to have several top end players walk out on the club during preseason including their 1st grade keeper who bought up 20years service to the club last season (He is only 29 years old) speaks for itself.
    Just because a bloke has been there for 20 years doesn't mean he gets a first grade starting spot.

They have an ageing squad to put it nicely and have no decent juniors coming through to fill the ranks, they have lost several junior players and coaches to NL1 and NPL clubs and are still struggling to fill the age groups of 13 -17.
    Good on those juniors/coaches for having the confidence to test themselves in the higher leagues. Thinking all your juniors are going to hang around is a bit naive don't you think? Wake up, you're in the third tier of Newcastle football and I can't see that changing, ever (unless it’s going down).
    Last edited by MisplacedPasses; 02-04-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HonkingDonkey View Post
    Sounds like a void left in the team for someone thats been in a holding roll to step up into.
    NextBestCMInTheLeague.
    haha unlikely! made the move to the back line a few years ago - too much running up there!

I would like to clear up a few things aswell regarding recent posts about Swansea FC.
    I was the head coach for the past 2 seasons at Swansea. Yes I did enter talks with Belswans prior to the end of the season....yes decision was made halfway through the season that I would not coach again at Swansea.
    I did what I did for my own reasons.
    Yes there was problems at Swansea and I believed that if I continued to coach there it wouldn’t get fixed.
    Yes it is good to see a change in staff keeps it fresh and as always wish the club the best in its season.
    I will continue to support this club as it is my junior club.
    At the end of the day it is just a game and the comments people put on here are not life changing or threatening.
    As there has been several posts about me but hey can’t be loved by everyone and if you were then you weren’t doing it right.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    The mighty Raymond Terrace will win this Competition. Very confident
    Raymond Terrace getting abit of a reality check tonight against a half strength Warners Bay side.

Warners Bay 3 v 1 Raymond Terrace

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Raymond Terrace getting abit of a reality check tonight against a half strength Warners Bay side.

Mate at works who plays in their lower grades , says Terrace played their reserve grade side

Don’t let the score line fool you. Bay scored a decent goal to take a late 1-0 lead into halftime. Terrace then had a goal disallowed for offside a lot of talk saying he wasn’t but, was called so that’s how it goes. Bays second was an own goal that wasn’t going anywhere near going in until the deflection. Terrace then pulled one back with a few minutes left. Went all out in attack as you do when down by 1 and the third was scored on the counterattack. So a two goal win was a bit flattering neither keeper had all that much to do.

Would be interested in knowing how half strength the bay lineup was..

You would think with the comp starting this week and being a mid week game that neither side would have been at full strength.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Don’t let the score line fool you. Bay scored a decent goal to take a late 1-0 lead into halftime. Terrace then had a goal disallowed for offside a lot of talk saying he wasn’t but, was called so that’s how it goes. Bays second was an own goal that wasn’t going anywhere near going in until the deflection. Terrace then pulled one back with a few minutes left. Went all out in attack as you do when down by 1 and the third was scored on the counterattack. So a two goal win was a bit flattering neither keeper had all that much to do.

Would be interested in knowing how half strength the bay lineup was..
    Classic!

All the talk about how they are going to move up to ZPL and win the league.
    Plays a mid table at best team from ZPL and gets pumped 3:1.

Comes back and talks about how goals didnt count and how lucky the other team was and how far off full strength the team was, excuse, excuse, bullshit, excuse.

Plain and simple, you lost the game... by 2 goals... at home... everyone can see the scoreline and thats all that matters, not the what ifs and could have been bullcrap.
    You are only fooling yourself...

The mighty Raymond Terrace will win this Competition. Very confident
    The only thing that works for Raymond Terrace is that Bero and Bransley will be very weak teams, so Raymond Terrace shouldnt finish last.
    18 games, 3-4 wins with maybe a couple of draws... 7th or 8th is realistic... Very confident.

Hearing Dudley 8- 0 Simba. If so not a bad tune up for the game against Mayfield. That's what you want to see from the good sides in this comp the ability to turn it on and pump the teams in lower divisions.
    Barnsley beat on pens by Azzurri. Barnsley battled all bar maybe 10min with 10 players after an early send off against a team that would be top 5 in this comp. Good sign for Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by HonkingDonkey View Post
    Classic!

All the talk about how they are going to move up to ZPL and win the league.
    I'm yet to see where anyone from Raymond Terrace has come out and said they will run away with this comp. The comment you are referring to is from kicktheball and is not a part of the Terrace, his predictions are usually well off the mark.

Everyone knows it takes time to build a quality side/club that is competitive in ZPL. I'm sure the boys from the Terrace will compete and give it their best shot in this comp, with everyone writing them off early is just motivation to prove them wrong.

Goodluck to all clubs for the season ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    I'm yet to see where anyone from Raymond Terrace has come out and said they will run away with this comp. The comment you are referring to is from kicktheball and is not a part of the Terrace, his predictions are usually well off the mark.

Everyone knows it takes time to build a quality side/club that is competitive in ZPL. I'm sure the boys from the Terrace will compete and give it their best shot in this comp, with everyone writing them off early is just motivation to prove them wrong.

Would love to find out who kicktheball is. Obviously a big Terrace fan, would like to invite him to some club functions and thank him for his continued support over the years. Very vocal advocate of the Terrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post

Well said..

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    So a two goal win was a bit flattering neither keeper had all that much to do.
    Sounds like the Terrace keeper actually had a lot to do. If you're happy with him just picking the ball out of the net then all good

Concedes three goals, "didn't have much to do today fellas" lol

Sounds like the Terrace keeper actually had a lot to do. If you're happy with him just picking the ball out of the net then all good

Concedes three goals, "didn't have much to do today fellas" lol
    Being the keeper in question, I didn’t feel I was all that busy. I get what your implying concede 3 goals and not be busy sounds a bit strange. I guess what I ment was neither keeper had to make a lot of saves ( so probably poor choice of words used by myself) They scored 3 goals in 90 mins two tidy finishes and a deflection I couldn’t do much about. Can easily say I’ve been busier in games of football.