Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Barnsley 2-8 Suns
    Did Barnsley put shirts on witches hats for the Suns to have a training run

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Did Barnsley put shirts on witches hats for the Suns to have a training run
    When one team is better then the other, this happens I guess. Was 2-1 to suns half time

So what are the grounds like for wet weather this weekend?
    Cardiff?
    Beresfield?
    Dudley?
    Warners Bay ?

so whats the story with barnsley in the second half. theyve been competitive and solid in the first halves against mayfield and suns (2-0, 2-1) and then just basically given up in the second (7-0), (6-1). attitudes/fitness/coaching?

SORRY GUYS I’M SO LATE!

Barnsley vs. Suns

**** me, I have no idea. Gunna take a stab in the dark. Barnsley to be competitive in the first half but then just give up in the second.

Suns 8-2

Cardiff vs. Mayfield

I was at Mayfield Park last week to see half a game and my god were Mayfield lucky. Pretty much shanked a goal and then their keeper got chipped from well outside the box. Not sure if the Tigers just don’t like getting wet, pretty much played like kittens to be fair. Cardiff have struggled this year, the recruitment drive in the early stages of the season have made them competitive but its just not enough. I have Mayfield winning here but if it rains again it could be a whole other story.

Mayfield 4-0

W. Bay vs. Swansea

I’m going to agree with the earlier tips; this is going to be close. I’ve watched both teams this year and they both have quality up top, but the backline is something that could be worked on. Goals a plenty in this game; at least 1 coach to receive a yellow card.

Swansea 4-3

Dudley vs. Kotara

Plastic Fans Game of the Week.

Unsure if the young whippet is still suspended or not. Pretty much the lynchpin on how this game will go. If he is suspended than Dudley will destroy them, if he isn’t the kick and chase tactic will work. I’m going to give two scores here

Without the whippet – Dudley 2-0
    With the whippet – Draw 1-1

Bero vs R. Terrace

Bero should come out firing this week after putting Mayfield to the sword. The RT Crew that usually speaks on the forum have been quiet lately, maybe flooded in due to the rain we have received. I can only see RT winning against Barnsley this year and jagging a couple of draws. They will step into the belly of the beast though, long weekend in Bero, no work Monday (for those of the spectators that have a job), the keyboard warriors will soon find out what real bullying looks like.

Bero 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFan View Post
    SORRY GUYS I’M SO LATE!

Barnsley vs. Suns

**** me, I have no idea. Gunna take a stab in the dark. Barnsley to be competitive in the first half but then just give up in the second.

Suns 8-2

Cardiff vs. Mayfield

I was at Mayfield Park last week to see half a game and my god were Mayfield lucky. Pretty much shanked a goal and then their keeper got chipped from well outside the box. Not sure if the Tigers just don’t like getting wet, pretty much played like kittens to be fair. Cardiff have struggled this year, the recruitment drive in the early stages of the season have made them competitive but its just not enough. I have Mayfield winning here but if it rains again it could be a whole other story.

Mayfield 4-0

W. Bay vs. Swansea

I’m going to agree with the earlier tips; this is going to be close. I’ve watched both teams this year and they both have quality up top, but the backline is something that could be worked on. Goals a plenty in this game; at least 1 coach to receive a yellow card.

Swansea 4-3

Dudley vs. Kotara

Plastic Fans Game of the Week.

Unsure if the young whippet is still suspended or not. Pretty much the lynchpin on how this game will go. If he is suspended than Dudley will destroy them, if he isn’t the kick and chase tactic will work. I’m going to give two scores here

Without the whippet – Dudley 2-0
    With the whippet – Draw 1-1

Bero vs R. Terrace

Bero should come out firing this week after putting Mayfield to the sword. The RT Crew that usually speaks on the forum have been quiet lately, maybe flooded in due to the rain we have received. I can only see RT winning against Barnsley this year and jagging a couple of draws. They will step into the belly of the beast though, long weekend in Bero, no work Monday (for those of the spectators that have a job), the keyboard warriors will soon find out what real bullying looks like.

Bero 3-1
    If they were washed out last week I'd say whippet is out. I reckon you will be bloody close with the predictions

Cardiff vs. Mayfield.
    3rds 4-3
    Res. 3-4
    1st. 0-1

Bero V Terrace
    3rds 6-1
    Res 4-2
    1st 4-0

I went and saw a clinic today at Dudley
    3rds 6-0 Dudley
    Res 7-1 Dudley
    1st 3-1 Dudley
    Huge turnout down there and the home side lifted. Kotara weren't really in any game and the goal in first grade was from a keeping howler

Looks like the bay had their asses handed to them by swansea 5-0 ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️🥅

Any dates for catch up games for Suns V Dudley & Kotara V Cardiff?

Mayfield play Beresfield tomorrow night at 7pm at Mayfield Park

Quote Originally Posted by Source View Post
    Looks like the bay had their asses handed to them by swansea 5-0 ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️🥅
    Sounds like the bay should have called all grades off

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Mayfield vs Beresfield
    1st 3-3
    Novocastria Youth

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchy View Post
    Mayfield vs Beresfield
    1st 3-3
    Bero just scored more goals against Mayfield last night than they had conceded all season. Was anyone at the game? Would love to know if Bero were THAT good or if Mayfield's true colours finally figured out.

So we are half way through the season are we thinking Mayfield and Dudley are locks for semis. Swansea are pretty close so for me it leaves 4th spot between Kotara, Suns, Bero. If you get the good Suns for a few games on the trot I can't see them missing. What's everyone's thoughts

Cardiff vs Raymond Terrace
    Not a lot can be said about this game. Its going to be scrapy and pretty much reflect both teams positions on the ladder. Cardiff should have the goods here but word on the street is Raymond Terrace are starting their run at a top 4 spot looking to peak for the finals... If cardiff win this game id say it would make them feel pretty safe about avoiding the drop, they definately need the win to get that gap to Barnsley in last place.
    2-0 Cardiff.

Warners Bay vs Barnsley
    Well what can you say, Warners bay kept to their form and have flip floped their results again. Barnsley, well, they are last with an impressive -39 goal difference.
    nothing else needs to be said. Its a win week for Warners bay and every week is a lose week for Barnsley... BUT the only win Barnsley have this season was a gift from Warners bay so who knows maybe they can get their 2nd... Im saying no.
    2-1 Warners bay.

Dudley vs Mayfield
    Match of the round. If you are not playing and not in hospital... even if you are in hospital get them to wheel you out to the ground. This would be the game to go to this weekend.
    Mayfield, a crack in the armour has been exposed by Bero, having them on the ropes in the rained out game and now making mayfield work to secure a get out of jail draw.
    Dudley are coming off a run of wins against the non top 4 teams and will be feeling like the superstars they are. Its hard to call this one, Mayfield may have got the wake up call they needed coming into the next few weeks of big games. Dudley need to do the rest of the league a favour here and get the W to keep Mayfield from just running away with it. Mayfeild will be looking to put this season to bed early and a win here verse Dudley will have them looking pretty comfortable (but lets not start buying ballons yet).
    1-1 draw.

Kotara vs Suns
    Kotara are fighting the suns for a top 4 spot. They really cant afford to let this chance run by them and they wont with the flash on their side... and well, lets be honest, no one is breaking a land speed record in the suns squad (The suns are more likely to be out the back at the community garden at carrington asking the snails to slow down). lucky for all of us the ZPL isnt a running race.
    Suns 1-4

Bero vs Swansea
    Bero are confident and after coming off sticking it to Mayfield I am sure they will be more than ready for what swansea has to offer. Swansea gave warners bay a lesson last weekend and will be looking to keep that form rolling on. This will be a good game, with Bero coming out on top. Are bero really top 4 contenders? (or top four pretenders *cough* raymond terrace *cough*)... OR will swansea put them back in their place the way Mayfield failed to do.
    Bero 3-2
    Last edited by HonkingDonkey; 14-06-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Round 10 Stats & Predictions
    Saturday
    Cardiff 9th vs. R. Terrace 8th

- Cardiff have the worst home form in the league, failing to win any of their 5 home games.
    - Cardiff have only scored 30% (3/10) of their goals at home.
    - R. Terrace have lost 7 of their last 8 games, only winning against Barnsley.
    - R. Terrace won the round 1 fixture 2-0.
    R. Terrace 2-1

Sunday
    W. Bay 7th vs. Barnsley 9th

- W. Bay have conceded 70% (16/23) of their goals at home.
    - Barnsley have lost 8 games in a row.
    - Barnsley have only scored 25% (2/8) of their goals away from home.
    - Barnsley’s only win and points of the season came in the reverse fixture, winning 3-2.
    W. Bay 3-1

Dudley 2nd vs. Mayfield 1st – Match of the Round
    - Dudley are undefeated in 7 games, while Mayfield are undefeated all 9 games this season.
    - Dudley’s only loss this year was at Mayfield in round 1, 2-0.
    - After a midweek 3-3 draw, Mayfield have now conceded 5 goals this season.
    - Dudley have won all 4 of their home games, only conceding 1 goal in the process.
    Dudley 2-1

Kotara 6th vs. Suns 4th
    - Only 22% (4/18) of Kotara’s goals have come at home.
    - Suns are undefeated in 6 games, winning 4 of them.
    - Kotara won the round 1 fixture between these teams 3-1.
    Draw 2-2

Bero 5th vs. Swansea 3rd
    - 71% (10/14) of Bero’s points have come at home this season.
    - Swansea are the league’s top goals scorers with 35 in 9 games, 3.8 goals per game.
    - Swansea won their round 1 fixture 6-2.
    - Bero drew 3-3 midweek against league leaders Mayfield.
    Draw 2-2
    Last edited by Cognitio; 14-06-2019 at 09:07 AM.

Where half way through the season I think the top 4 will finish like this

1. Mayfield - Best team in the comp
    2. Dudley - I think Dudley to have a better second half of the season
    3. Swansea - Have proved to be one of the top teams in the comp

4. Suns or Kotara - Suns have the better talent of the 2 teams and I think they will make the top 4

Cardiff V Terrace
    3rds 3-1
    Res 1-2
    1st 0-2

Quote Originally Posted by underrated View Post
    Where half way through the season I think the top 4 will finish like this

1. Mayfield - Best team in the comp
    2. Dudley - I think Dudley to have a better second half of the season
    3. Swansea - Have proved to be one of the top teams in the comp

4. Suns or Kotara - Suns have the better talent of the 2 teams and I think they will make the top 4
    Clearly your knowledge about football is minimal. Some others in the forum might say that your “not the sharpest tool in the drawer” but I’m not going to stoop that low.

Leaving out Raymond terrace from your top four prediction is like leaving out Mel B from the spice girls.

Wake up to yourself