Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Test Cricket aka real cricket

He was Paul Walker's driver?

Quote Originally Posted by sh10 View Post
    whoa. could be a bit soon...

Quote Originally Posted by sh10 View Post
    You aren't the bloke in charge of the Cricket Australia Twitter account are you?

lol

Even though I have no interest in cricket this is one of my favourite threads on the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus North View Post
    You aren't the bloke in charge of the Cricket Australia Twitter account are you?
    I wish

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    lol

Even though I have no interest in cricket this is one of my favourite threads on the forum.
    FYI he's not the real Marcus North.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    FYI he's not the real Marcus North.
    Pffft and you're not a real superhero. What happened to your photo man!?

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the no ball review on each wicket.
    (although it did cost Warnie his only test 100).
    Having said that though eat a dick Ben Stokes hahahahahahahahaha.

Johnson delivers on a decent batting pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    You been hanging out down in Umina again Hawk??
    ulinga

where's this guy been hiding for the last 5 years?

what an effort.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    where's this guy been hiding for the last 5 years?

what an effort.
    Same old story with Johnson. He actually bowls a beautiful line to left handlers and gets decent movement but his only hope with righties is the wide ball outside off that gets edged to 5th slip.
    When he fell apart in England the pommy bats were way too patient and left everything across that line. Now because of their position and the very tidy work from Harris, Siddle and (gulp!) Watson they feel the need to go after him. Bell (Poms best bat by far) still plays him quite easily.
    He's in their heads now, and good on him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Same old story with Johnson. He actually bowls a beautiful line to left handlers and gets decent movement but his only hope with righties is the wide ball outside off that gets edged to 5th slip.
    When he fell apart in England the pommy bats were way too patient and left everything across that line. Now because of their position and the very tidy work from Harris, Siddle and (gulp!) Watson they feel the need to go after him. Bell (Poms best bat by far) still plays him quite easily.
    He's in their heads now, and good on him.

But he has a gift. He bowls balls that get wickets. He may not necessarily deserve them but he throws them in at a great rate. Siddle on the other hand doesn't have the same gift despite bowling much better 98% of the time he just doesn't get the breaks Johnson does

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    But he has a gift. He bowls balls that get wickets. He may not necessarily deserve them but he throws them in at a great rate. Siddle on the other hand doesn't have the same gift despite bowling much better 98% of the time he just doesn't get the breaks Johnson does
    Yeah totally agree and that was my point. Johnson is benefitting from the work of others just like Macgill, Gillespie and lee (Brett not Shane) did back in the day. But that's exactly why he is there and he is doing his job. As a bowler he hasn't changed much since the day he started. It's just that at the moment the pressure from other bowlers is helping him.
    When coaches talk about bowling units and bowling plans this is exactly what they mean.
    Also, Siddle has a gift of completely screwing with Pietersens head, which is ****ing awesome.

Also, Jimmy Anderson.
    Nowt much to say when your middle peg is laying on the ground.
    On yer way son.

Johnson and warner haters make me larrrf...Johnson is an out and out match winner with bat and ball...and warner is the best opening batsman we currently have in the country....IMO...IMO...IMO
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

15 years ago Graham Swann would have been the laughing stock of world cricket and belted out of the attack at every opportunity, the bloke chucks dead set pies.
    Posted on 3/1/13
    Holy shit look at the big brain on Plague.
    Northern Swan where you at?

Holy shit look at the big brain on Plague.
    Northern Swan where you at?
    I'm still here.
    You're still a flog. Takes a real keyboard warrior to bring up an 11 month old post.

You conveniently forgotten that Swann was the leading wicket taker in the UK series earlier in the year? Just because he is a wanker with the most punchable chin in cricket, doesn't mean he's a pie chucker.
    Last edited by northern_swan; 08-12-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    I'm still here.
    You're still a flog. Takes a real keyboard warrior to bring up an 11 month old post.

You conveniently forgotten that Swann was the leading wicket taker in the UK series earlier in the year? Just because he is a wanker with the most punchable chin in cricket, doesn't mean he's a pie chucker.
    I think we should start seeing other people.
    You can have the house, kids and car. I'll have the crockery and matchbox car collection.

I'm just glad Marcus North hasn't seen my 11 month old post wanting Warner to bat 6.

I think we should start seeing other people.
    You can have the house, kids and car. I'll have the crockery and matchbox car collection.

I'm just glad Marcus North hasn't seen my 11 month old post wanting Warner to bat 6.
    Fvck that. The house, the kids and the car all cost money. The matchbox car collection doesn't whinge when I come home drunk after the football either.