Page 99 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2002

Thread: 2014 National Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by I changed my user name View Post
    Why is my team strange ? That's a weird terminology to use .

It's just an opinion .

Granted if I was picking again I would pick differently but its hardly a bad team .
    Strange that Petitt didn't even make your squad, even though he has arguably been the best player in npl over the last few years. Im pretty sure he is only 22/23 still if I'm correct. Strange that bradbury didn't make ur squad considering he scored around 20 goals two years ago and always looks dangerous.

To say that Broadley, Smart etc are better is what I would call strange. It is your opinion i know that but my opinion is that it was strange.

Musialic hasn't played for a few years? Same with Waters.

EH9 I believe the FFA advise the 4-3-3 and not the 4-2-3-1 as you stated .

You also need to take your caps lock off when posting mate :-)
    Sorry "I changed my user name" but I have to back EH9 up here. While FFA may advise 4-3-3 ,they definitely "ADVISE" at their coaching courses that the shape to
    play is a 4-2-3-1 ,which is apparently a form of 4-3-3 anyway. I highlight "ADVISE" because you are actually told at the coaching course conducted by FFA to do all
    of your coaching and training drills based on the 4-2-3-1 or fail the course. No room for individual thinking here guys.

The coaches are coached to play this shape:
    4 defenders , numbers 2,3,4 & 5
    2 holding midfielders , numbers 6 & 8
    3 attacking mids, numbers 7 & 11 as wide players with number 10 central of these players
    1 striker , number 9 to play at the point as a lone striker
    Last edited by tucker's daughter; 04-01-2015 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker's daughter View Post
    Sorry "I changed my user name" but I have to back EH9 up here. While FFA may advise 4-3-3 ,they definitely "ADVISE" at their coaching courses that the shape to
    play is a 4-2-3-1 ,which is apparently a form of 4-3-3 anyway. I highlight "ADVISE" because you are actually told at the coaching course conducted by FFA to do all
    of your coaching and training drills based on the 4-2-3-1 or fail the course. No room for individual thinking here guys.

The coaches are coached to play this shape:
    4 defenders , numbers 2,3,4 & 5
    2 holding midfielders , numbers 6 & 8
    3 attacking mids, numbers 7 & 11 as wide players with number 10 central of these players
    1 striker , number 9 to play at the point as a lone striker
    Looks like GVE's shape for 5 years straight hey

Quote Originally Posted by ThePac View Post
    Why wouldn't you take it seriously? The task was to pick the best 11 in Npl that would compete in the a-league. Not please the majority of clubs. Some of the players u left out of the squad completely is strange.

I also feel Haynes from magic has been hard done by considering he only had a quiet year last year, before that he was scoring regularly . I would probably put him on the bench in my team.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePac View Post
    Strange that Petitt didn't even make your squad, even though he has arguably been the best player in npl over the last few years. Im pretty sure he is only 22/23 still if I'm correct. Strange that bradbury didn't make ur squad considering he scored around 20 goals two years ago and always looks dangerous.

To say that Broadley, Smart etc are better is what I would call strange. It is your opinion i know that but my opinion is that it was strange.

Musialic hasn't played for a few years? Same with Waters.
    Fair enough just opinions I guess . Still don't get the "strange" comment but all good ... For what it's worth I actually like your team .

As for Broadley and Waters as I say was just trying to not exclude any teams and with Musialik included in my selection he was one of my favourite jets players so heart ruling the head here although I hope he does get back playing well again.

Fair enough just opinions I guess . Still don't get the "strange" comment but all good ... For what it's worth I actually like your team .

As for Broadley and Waters as I say was just trying to not exclude any teams and with Musialik included in my selection he was one of my favourite jets players so heart ruling the head here although I hope he does get back playing well again.
    Strange was probably a bit harsh. ha ha.

Who knows how Musialik will perform this season, id suggest Atown will be relatively strong with their signings.

Adamstown have made some Massive signings.. They won't be easy beats...

Quote Originally Posted by Newy View Post
    who are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Newy View Post
    I agree Newy.
    Adamstown and Maitland will be close to winning the comp. Adamstown have signed a Scottish Striker (apparently has national side experience) along with an ex A League player who has Euro Champions League experience and from all accounts Stewie is training the house down and very close to being back at A League level again.
    Weston, Magic, Jaffas to fight out the other spots.

I would love to see a Weston v Maitland Grand Final. It would be a game that would attract the biggest crowd in the last 30 years of local football.

Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    I agree Newy.
    Adamstown and Maitland will be close to winning the comp. Adamstown have signed a Scottish Striker (apparently has national side experience) along with an ex A League player who has Euro Champions League experience and from all accounts Stewie is training the house down and very close to being back at A League level again.
    Guy bates ex newcastle jet player. Played in a champions league qualifier.

Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    I agree Newy.
    Wow. Massive statement. I reckon Magic, Jaffas, Edgy n of course CCB might have something to say about that. Maitland untried in this league for over 10 years and Buds just scraped in this year.

Maitland have signed Matt thompson

Shaping up to be a very tasty season indeed.

I think the biggest question will be who looks most likely for the spoon.

Buds have also signed another international.

Any score predictions for jaffas v japan tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Southy

With lakes relegated you have to say magic in danger for the spoon after finishing ninth

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    with the article in yesterday's paper about the jets youth cutting senior players from their youth set up could we see a very young jets team struggle like they did 2 years ago. What woild happen with relegation if the jets possibly ran last?

There's no relegation if jets run last, let's hope everyone has a good year and do the best they can