Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greens View Post
    We always pay our ball kids. Good way for them to make some pocket money and it really makes a big difference to the flow of the game. $10 a day doesn't exactly break the bank.
    Yep we pay ours as well. They play a huge part in matches and really at this level it should be compulsory.

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    By the way, is it weird to pay ball boys? You seem surprised that someone would come up with such a groundbreaking idea as to pay ball boys.
    Welcome to zone league football. Some clubs aren't the sharpest tools in the sheds as you can see. Glad you guys made the jump, good luck this year.

Look at all these fresh accounts, coming in to start banter.

Aren't they just the cutest.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Greens is my fav, backing him to get underneath the skin of a few this season

Surely most clubs have the odd 0.00098577 bitcoin to give to the ballboys for helping out on game day. I really don't see the issue here.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Surely most clubs have the odd 0.00098577 bitcoin to give to the ballboys for helping out on game day. I really don't see the issue here.
    You mean 0.00098576, just changed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    There isn't enough money in the world to pay the ball boys for the amount of time it would take them to find that ball that Wilso hoofed into the bush at Lance Yorke..
    Premy still has nightmares..
    He'd still be there Bon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Look at all these fresh accounts, coming in to start banter.

Aren't they just the cutest.
    Only fresh because I got banned haha

Going to make some bold predictions:
    1. Maryland-Fletcher
    2. Cooks Hill
    3. Raymond Terrace
    4. Uni
    5. Garden Suburb
    6. Wallsend
    7. Westlake
    8. Stockton
    9. Morriset
    10. Hamilton Azzurri
    Think you'll find Stockton will be a bit higher than that. Westlakes will stink again, heard they lost a couple of decent players.

5. Garden Suburb
    Not so sure about that. They might lose a few players when they find out the club is charging them extortionately high rego fees

Not so sure about that. They might lose a few players when they find out the club is charging them extortionately high rego fees
    don't start!
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Anyone have any trial game results? We've got a few coming up. I heard hamilton azzuri belted merewether on the weekend, tough start for merewethers new coach
    Last edited by the great white; 06-02-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the great white View Post
    Anyone have any trial game results? We've got a few coming up. I heard hamilton azzuri belted merewether on the weekend, tough start for merewethers new coach
    They did give us a bit of a touch up but they have some very very good players, some who have recently played at a much higher level and wouldn't shock me if they give this comp a good crack. Luckily results only matter once the season proper kicks off......

Quote Originally Posted by the great white View Post
    What was the score?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbery View Post
    They did give us a bit of a touch up but they have some very very good players, some who have recently played at a much higher level and wouldn't shock me if they give this comp a good crack. Luckily results only matter once the season proper kicks off......
    Suppose it justifies Azzurris jump up to ID1. No point in winning by cricket scores every week. ID2 is a pretty poor comp so its good that the association was proactive in promoting them up 2 divs especially with some of the players they are attracting. I still dont think they will go anywhere near winning it this year but hopefully they will at least be competitive. The more competitive teams we have the better football in newcastle will be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    What was the score?
    5 or maybe 6 nil I think.......

Suppose it justifies Azzurris jump up to ID1. No point in winning by cricket scores every week. ID2 is a pretty poor comp so its good that the association was proactive in promoting them up 2 divs especially with some of the players they are attracting. I still dont think they will go anywhere near winning it this year but hopefully they will at least be competitive. The more competitive teams we have the better football in newcastle will be.
    #survivethedrop #forzaazzurri

Wallsend had a trial against Bero ZPL at Bero yesterday, was a hot day and mostly good football except for the first half of ressies where the ref lost control of the game.

First 4 or 5 - 0 - Bero
    Ressies 3 - 2 - Bero, Wallsend up 0-2 HT
    Thirds 2 - 11 or 12 - Wallsend.

Thanks to the Bero boys for hosting.
    Last edited by Dobbo; 12-02-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Warnersbay ZPL v Garden Suburb

First

1-2

Reserves

2-1

Thirds

0-1

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
    Thirds 2 - 11 or 12 - Wallsend.
    Bloody hell what happened here?!