Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 19/20 HAL Round 10 | Newcastle Jets v Melbourne City | Sun 15/12/19 1830

Sounds like going to Trophy Eyes was the right choice. We're gonna play like this more often then we will have good wins so nothing new

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Props to the 8k fans that showed up to see this piss poor effort.

Martin Lee should appologise to each of them personally.
    I get the frustration with our owner and his cut price approach to the club now but how those same players can put in a top effort away like last week then come out at home no less and deliver that abortion of a performance is the real question to be asked from today's match.

That performance today looked like the we don't give a shit approach has finally trickled down from club owner right down to the playing group.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Safe to say at HT Fitzuseless has been our best player

****ing honking display

2nd best all over the park

Bring Ridenton on FFS
    100% agreed Fitz was our best. I hated he was subbed off and hated our last sub was a defensive mid being brought on too.

I don't know what it's going to take for Ernie to realise Hoff is an athlete and not a footballer. He was terrible tonight and I predict the 10 other coaches in the league would have hooked him first. Use him as an athletic fullback or nothing, he doesn't have the brains to play further up. All of his "decisions" tonight were dumb desperate kick and hope and the sheer class disparity between our left side and their right side was perfectly summarised in Hoff for me.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    100% agreed Fitz was our best. I hated he was subbed off and hated our last sub was a defensive mid being brought on too.

I don't know what it's going to take for Ernie to realise Hoff is an athlete and not a footballer. He was terrible tonight and I predict the 10 other coaches in the league would have hooked him first. Use him as an athletic fullback or nothing, he doesn't have the brains to play further up. All of his "decisions" tonight were dumb desperate kick and hope and the sheer class disparity between our left side and their right side was perfectly summarised in Hoff for me.
    As much as Johnny K had a bad game I gonna question the support he had around him

He had little assistance from Hoff tracking back
    Topor was pretty late coming across all night to help out
    Kanta and Ugarkovic screened **** all tonight

The opposition did a great job at isolating him and exploiting his issues at left back
    But FFS he got **** all help from his teammates or coach tonight

I also want to add if Hoff does something bad in the opposition half the fans are all "well he got into those positions" but when things don't go 100% as planned for Dimi the fans hurl abuse at him. What gave Hoff this magical immunity for being shit? We don't deserve Dimi, and when he leaves you know we won't replace him with a fringe national team player and we'll be wondering why we are even shitter than we currently are.
    OK

No excuses can be given here, not about budgets etc. City aren't really that good, Jamie McLaren is obviously a marquee signing. The difference is the Jets don't have a marquee.

But really McLaren is good at A League level, but he is no superstar outside of Australia.

Unlike possibly other's, I have no problem with Merrick. Good coach, but I feel he is not the coach who can make an average team into a team that can dominate better team's with his prefered style. After a result like that changes must occur, around 2-3. If Merrick was coaching in Italy or Spain he would be after a new job after that result.

Fun night,

* Stuffed up teddy toss
    * PC Santa who looked about 6 stone
    * Announcer calling us the Knights
    * Toddlers race...one little girl crying and terrified as her mother dragged her along....smacking her would have been kinder.
    * Played with 10 men (no left back)
    * More goal attempt comedy
    * Big screen said our next game v Roar kicks off at 5pm with gates opening at 6.30pm.

As for Martin Lee....I doubt he even checks the scores now.

Now I know why tickets were 40% off.
    Should have been 95% off though.

Let's look at the positives: we'll never see JohnnyK at left back ever again.
    7 horrible games are enough for a coach to see that the experiment has failed.
    Being destroyed like that can't be good for his confidence as a professional player.

Tonight felt like a Stubbins: MoM is going to be a hard task.

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Wasn't there plenty of JK at left back last year as well?

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Now I know why tickets were 40% off.
    Should have been 95% off though.

Let's look at the positives: we'll never see JohnnyK at left back ever again.
    Being destroyed like that can't be good for his confidence as a professional player.

Tonight felt like a Stubbins: MoM is going to be a hard task.
    You want Johnny K not at LB get a new coach
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Fun night,

* Stuffed up teddy toss
    * PC Santa who looked about 6 stone
    * Announcer calling us the Knights
    * Toddlers race...one little girl crying and terrified as her mother dragged her along....smacking her would have been kinder.
    * Played with 10 men (no left back)
    * More goal attempt comedy
    * Big screen said our next game v Roar kicks off at 5pm with gates opening at 6.30pm.

As for Martin Lee....I doubt he even checks the scores now.
    the teddy toss was good. crowd needs to know it only works when there is anarchy. the silly announcer trying to count it down was pointless. throw them early wait til the clean up then throw them late. chaos is how these things are best served. Getting called the Knights was peak Jets, well in to the lady on the mic. we all know what you were thinking.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

have already seen people making fun of this on the twitterbook and facespace.

made me giggle.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

You would probably see a more committed bunch out on the field if you showed at half 6 next time out

Banned
    What the hell was he doing for that quick free kick?
    I got more of an issue with the ref here

For whatever reason he allowed them to take a quick one when he didn't show the same consistency to allow us the same luxury when it was our turn

The other and more pertinent issue is for whatever reason when that free kick was awarded all the Jets pushed forward and the Heart players dropped back. Basically all the players seem to think it was a Jets free kick

The only **** who didn't was the ref. Being that half our team had started to move up field we were easily caught out with the free kick and had **** all troops back

For whatever reason allowing them to take a quick free kick when there seemed to be some confusion with the players over the decision left 1 team at a distinct disadvantage to defend it

That being said Johnny K ain't my main gripe with that goal it the abysmal goalkeeping from Moss who should never have let that shot in

I got more of an issue with the ref here

For whatever reason he allowed them to take a quick one when he didn't show the same consistency to allow us the same luxury when it was our turn

The other and more pertinent issue is for whatever reason when that free kick was awarded all the Jets pushed forward and the Heart players dropped back. Basically all the players seem to think it was a Jets free kick

The only **** who didn't was the ref. Being that half our team had started to move up field we were easily caught out with the free kick and had **** all troops back

For whatever reason allowing them to take a quick free kick when there seemed to be some confusion with the players over the decision left 1 team at a distinct disadvantage to defend it

That being said Johnny K ain't my main gripe with that goal it the abysmal goalkeeping from Moss who should never have let that shot in
    I thought the ref did fine there, and was great all night. He is an outstanding ref in my eyes.

Yes the confusion is pretty much every jerk thought it was our freekick, but the ref had clearly signalled his intentions the entire time. I didn't think it was taken "quick" I just think it escalated in the jerks eyes once they realised it wasn't their ball.

Agreed with Moss, that's a weak angle for him to be shipping a goal regardless of how well it is hit. Live I also thought NTS barely closed the player down, there was only ever one intention in that play, but the one replay I saw I vibed he did get closer to the shooter than I originally thought and it must have been the angle I was viewing from.

Were all 4 goals from our left side?
    OK

The other thing about that free kick was that Urgarkovic was carrying the ball.....just gave it back walked away.
    Jamieson in that situation would have held into it like a dog with a bone till his team were ready.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I thought the ref did fine there, and was great all night. He is an outstanding ref in my eyes.

Yes the confusion is pretty much every jerk thought it was our freekick, but the ref had clearly signalled his intentions the entire time. I didn't think it was taken "quick" I just think it escalated in the jerks eyes once they realised it wasn't their ball.

Agreed with Moss, that's a weak angle for him to be shipping a goal regardless of how well it is hit. Live I also thought NTS barely closed the player down, there was only ever one intention in that play, but the one replay I saw I vibed he did get closer to the shooter than I originally thought and it must have been the angle I was viewing from.

Were all 4 goals from our left side?
    I was up the end they scored in so I was a fair bit away but it was bizarre watching as the ref seemed to be signalling for a free kick when we had the ball so it appeared a Jets FK had been awarded for somethibg

Not that it matters too much in the grand scheme as we were terrible anyway but the confusion seemed to be generated by the ref
    Even the Heart players dropped back to defend a Jets Free Kick so they appeared to be accepting of a Jets Free kick being awarded

In a closer game that could have been massively controversial call

The ref was weak as last night not that the Jets put in much effort but he did get Heart get away with plenty
    The Heart keeper should have been booked 1000 times in the night for timewasting at every restart and the ****s didn't get booked to Injury Time

I was up the end they scored in so I was a fair bit away but it was bizarre watching as the ref seemed to be signalling for a free kick when we had the ball so it appeared a Jets FK had been awarded for somethibg

Not that it matters too much in the grand scheme as we were terrible anyway but the confusion seemed to be generated by the ref
    Even the Heart players dropped back to defend a Jets Free Kick so they appeared to be accepting of a Jets Free kick being awarded

In a closer game that could have been massively controversial call

The ref was weak as last night not that the Jets put in much effort but he did get Heart get away with plenty
    The Heart keeper should have been booked 1000 times in the night for timewasting at every restart and the ****s didn't get booked to Injury Time
    Yes - but we are naive and don't give it back. The 2-3 top clubs niggle, dive and waste time - nothing new and it wins them games. We never react and it was obvious some of our guys just fell away as they got bullied. If you hit back at them it sometimes works. And do you ever see us waste time when in front?

There were moments in the first half where the City guy got "floored" and Hoff got into a small scrap - moments where the crowd was itching to get involved but the players went back into their shell.

That malaise spread to the bench of wooden figures.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 16-12-2019 at 09:38 AM.

One positive I took from last night was just how keen Burns is when he comes on. Kept putting crosses from the sideline into the box from the moment he came on - we need him to start and take the corners. Only issue I see with that though is that our next game is Perf so it's likely to be apocalyptic temps over there and he'll probably melt, but otherwise I would suggest that is the first change Ernie makes this week (though I suspect he's probably thinking Ridenton is the answer knowing Ernie...)
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Sounds like going to Trophy Eyes was the right choice. We're gonna play like this more often then we will have good wins so nothing new
    We made the right choice cause Trophy Eyes were good