Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone Premier League thread

Hats off to Mayfield who really gave us a touch up on Saturday. They have strengthened by the look of things. They turned up obviously wanting to do a job and get some revenge on being knocked out of semi's last season. Look forward to meeting them again on their turf! I think a few clubs will be on the end of some big scorelines when they come up against the spearmint tigers!

We will be right after Easter with a some boys returning. Can't wait to play Raymond Terrace up there and get blown away by the 100km/h winds.

sounds like people are getting a little worked up over the long ball tigers after wins against depleted dudley and kotara sides.
    reckon they have bought balloons yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Roses View Post
    Made the way up to Kotara to watch Mayfield be their usual dominant self. Be surprised if they lose again this season. They’re just about guaranteed to go up this year.

Mayfields depth doesn’t look too great and that was evident in both the third and reserve grade matches.

Went out to the Dudley vs RT game today. Saw the end of reserve grade that ended with a disgusting challenge on the RT goal keeper. He’ll be lucky to play again this season.

After the ambo left, Dudley went a goal up but overall no team created much. The goal came from a cross, but Dudley were very underwhelming. RT definitely had their chances and the majority of the play very unlucky to lose, the Thistles will do well to make the top four this year.
    I’m not sure what game you watched, reserve keeper was injured in a non collision challenge with his weight coming down on his ankle, an unfortunate incident which you have painted differently, not sure why, also in firsts Dudley totally controlled the game, terrace tried hard but their only option was to punt it long to the one fast guy up front.
    Terrace keeper made about three one on one saves, I can’t recall the Dudley keeper making a save at all

Well what a weekend! Two days of watching football, had to drag the kids along but you can't win em all am I right!?!

We managed to avoid the brown snakes as we crossed the creek and to be honest that was the highlight of the afternoon. The whippet up front looked as though he'd started a vegan diet and lacked any sort of energy.

I'm no Rafa Benitez but sweet christmas it's obivous that the coaching staff at Kotara are so one dimensional they don't know what to do once the whippet is taken out of the game.

IMO Mayfield weren't even that good!

Sunday I woke up with a hangover and I thought some fresh air might help out. I headed over to Warners Bay to see the new "NPL stars" for suns in action. Unfortunately I all I got to see was some over paid macedonian blokes arguing with each other (Christ the Suns number 9, Alex? can carry on and only made my headache worse)....

Going off this weekends performances I'm predicting Suns vs Mayfield to be one of the worst games of football played. I for one won't be watching a bunch of over the hill has beens who think they're good at football. Swansea vs Dudley sounds more appealing.
    Last edited by MisplacedPasses; 15-04-2019 at 01:31 PM.

Tips for Round 3

Swansea 2-1 Dudley - Swansea has started the season in scintillating fashion lol, i think at home they can beat Dudley who where pre season title favourites but have started the season slow and I see Swansea getting the win at home and pushing for the top 4.

Barnsley 3-2 Cardiff - After the way Barnsley lost to Beresfield last week and all the news coming out of Cardiff earlier in the season I consider these two as favourites to battle it for the wooden spoon, I can see Barnsley bouncing back with a win at home against a struggling Cardiff.

Suns 0-2 Mayfield - Mayfield once again look like the favourites after dominating wins against Dudley & Kotara & the Suns have been struggling with a bad loss to Kotara and where just out muscled by Warners Bay so I see Mayfield winning this comfortably.

Warners Bay 4-2 Beresfield - Warners Bay got a good win last week against the Suns at home and I expect them to get by Beresfield with ease and maybe make a top 4 push.

Terrace 1-3 Kotara - I expect Kotara to come back with a win after losing to Mayfield and I still don’t know much about Terrace but they seem a top half of the table team.

Round 3 Predictions

Saturday
    Swansea vs Dudley

The first big test for Swansea’s top four push. They’ve had two comfortable wins over relegation potentials Bero and Cardiff, but Dudley will pose a considerably harder test. They should be confident though, having already registered a league high 10 goals from 7 different scorers. Dudley recovered from an opening day loss with a narrow win over new boys R. Terrace. Having already lost once this season, Dudley will not want to give Swansea a 6 point lead over them this early. They will have to kick their goal scoring into gear as they have only registered 1 goal in their opening two matches to Swansea’s 10. Only bottom of the table Cardiff have scored fewer. I’m predicting a hard fought draw.
    Draw 1-1

Barnsley vs Cardiff
    Barnsley were humbled last week 6-1 away to Bero and will look to bounce back against another relegation battler to be, Cardiff. They’ll have to tighten up the defence though, having already conceded 8 goals in their opening two matches. The highest in the league so far. Cardiff, as expected by most, have started the year poorly with back to back losses. They have already conceded 6 goals and have worryingly failed to hit the back of the net yet. Coming up against the leakiest defence so far gives them every chance to open their account. I’m prediction Barnsley to continue Cardiff’s poor start. They were able to get a home win against W. Bay on opening day and combined with Cardiff’s poor goal scoring start, I can’t see past Barnsley for the win.
    Barnsley 2-0

Sunday
    Suns vs Mayfield
    This week’s match of the round could be decisive for both teams for two very different reasons. Suns have followed their traditional slow start to seasons with back to back losses while Mayfield have impressed with back to back wins. Suns will undoubtable get their season started, eventually, and go on a winning run, but another loss here gives Mayfield a 9 point lead on the title race. Mayfield, alternatively, have started their season very strongly with wins over fellow top four rivals Dudley and Kotara. Win here and they seal their status as new premier favourites. I’m tipping Mayfield to somehow get the result again. It could go either way, but Mayfield have shown both last year and this year that they are able to get results.
    Mayfield 3-1

W. Bay vs Bero.
    W. Bay came away with an impressive 2-1 win against Suns last round. A second game in a row at home gives them a chance to develop a strong home record. The Bay should also take a positive out of Bero losing their opening day away game 6-2. Last round, Bero smashed Barnsley 6-1 at home. They look like they may be strong at home on their small field but will have to come up with a plan to play away from home on much larger fields. I’m predicting W. Bay to secure back to back home wins. A positive result last round and Bero’s expected poor form away from home gives me the belief that the Bay will do it easily here.
    W. Bay 3-0

R. Terrace vs Kotara
    R. Terrace have started the year solidly. They won their opening day match against Cardiff while narrowly losing their round 2 game against title favourites, Dudley. They straight away come up against another top four team in Kotara. Kotara have had a hard start to their year. Opening rounds against Champions Suns and Premiers Mayfield is difficult. With those two teams out of the way Kotara will look to grab their second win of the season and get into a winning rhythm. I’m predicting a comfortable win for Kotara. Both teams play fast and direct. Kotara should just have a bit too much speed and mobility for Terrace to go with them.
    Kotara 4-2
    Last edited by Cognitio; 25-04-2019 at 05:17 AM.

Any results from today's Suns game

Did Dudley really put 6 past Swansea

Barnsley v Cardiff
    3rds 1-7
    res 0-1
    1st 1-4

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Did Dudley really put 6 past Swansea
    That is correct 6-2

Quote Originally Posted by United View Post
    That is correct 6-2
    Any match report on how the form team of the first 2 weeks get belted 6-2

i would say, like most Groovin in the Moo

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    i would say, like most Groovin in the Moo
    So is that why Cardiff beat Barnsley cause Barnsley had more at Groovin. I would of thought Cardiff were due a win after some fair football the first 2 weeks and got their rewards. Same I imagine for Dudley. Swansea aren't missing 11 first graders to get beat 6-2. So just wondering how the game panned out

As far as I know Swansea were full strength and were reduced to 10 men when their captain/coach got sent for 2 footed challenge. But it was 3-0 at that stage and Dudley controlled the game.

Terrace V Kotara
    3rds 1-4
    Res 1-3
    1st 1-4

Suns vs. Mayfield
    3rds. 0-0
    Res. 1-4
    1sts. 0-0

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Bay vs Bero
    3rds 3-3
    Res 1-4
    1st 3-5
    Novocastria Youth

So is that why Cardiff beat Barnsley cause Barnsley had more at Groovin. I would of thought Cardiff were due a win after some fair football the first 2 weeks and got their rewards. Same I imagine for Dudley. Swansea aren't missing 11 first graders to get beat 6-2. So just wondering how the game panned out
    No beat Barnsley as we were the better side and have played some decent football in the 1st 2 games, regardless of the final score.
    Yes we did have a few at groovin, around 8-9 plus blokes working 16 out all up.
    I just assumed other clubs would have the same problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    No beat Barnsley as we were the better side and have played some decent football in the 1st 2 games, regardless of the final score.
    Yes we did have a few at groovin, around 8-9 plus blokes working 16 out all up.
    I just assumed other clubs would have the same problem...
    Some new signings may have helped the real tigers also, good to see the tangerines performing

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Terrace V Kotara
    3rds 1-4
    Res 1-3
    1st 1-4
    Kotara put Terrace to the sword today. A result most expected to happen. 0-2 against last years top sides so far.