Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 10 | Newcastle Jets v Melbourne City | Sunday 13/12/15 ko 515pm

How many of the offsides may have been down to the lack of speed releasing the ball, some of the runs were OK and just needed the ball that split second earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    How many of the offsides may have been down to the lack of speed releasing the ball, some of the runs were OK and just needed the ball that split second earlier.
    Totally agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    13 I've counted
    12 to us, 1 to them. at least that's what the A-league app had.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    12 to us, 1 to them. at least that's what the A-league app had.
    A-League website had 13 to us, 1 to them. Either way, it's be an issue for the last few weeks and there isn't much time for the team to turn around before Friday night. Maybe that's a good thing because the defeat might still be hurting or at least Miller and JP's post match blast still ringing in their ears.

I thought we started well, however. Up until the goal it was quite even and we had chances. We just didn't take them. The crowd were involved very early on which was great. We simply didn't come out of the sheds with our heads switched on in the second half and it cost us.

I was disappointed to see people leaving after 60 minutes but I think the majority of the crowd stuck around - probably because the kids got to run on the field.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    It doesn't matter who's fault it was, it shows our lack of quality.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Anyone who had December 14th in the 'when will the Jets be described as hapless in the media' pool congrats you may collect your prize.

To be fair though I thought it would have been a lot earlier than this.

The crowd were involved very early on which was great.
    must have had the crowd microphones down way low then, it sounded like a ghost-town on the coverage (not having a go at anybody by the way)

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    must have had the crowd microphones down way low then, it sounded like a ghost-town on the coverage (not having a go at anybody by the way)
    I'm talking first 5 minutes.

A-League website had 13 to us, 1 to them. Either way, it's be an issue for the last few weeks and there isn't much time for the team to turn around before Friday night. Maybe that's a good thing because the defeat might still be hurting or at least Miller and JP's post match blast still ringing in their ears.

I thought we started well, however. Up until the goal it was quite even and we had chances. We just didn't take them. The crowd were involved very early on which was great. We simply didn't come out of the sheds with our heads switched on in the second half and it cost us.

I was disappointed to see people leaving after 60 minutes but I think the majority of the crowd stuck around - probably because the kids got to run on the field.
    Lord Griff on fox sports news this morning saying anyone who has 13 offsides to his name is disrepectfull to his team ,coach and FANS. and stressed it is utterly lazy

I just read young Bob Dillon's report on the game, and he mentioned this:

Adding to the sense of alarm are reports that defender Lee ki-Je will be returning to his native Korea in the January transfer window to join Ulsan Hyundai.

A Newcastle spokesman said no deal had been struck but Jets officials were aware of "interest" in the 24-year-old.

Lee's possible departure, combined with speculation that midfielder David Carney is considering a move to Qatar, cast a further cloud over a dark day for the Jets.
    As an occasional supporter of the Jets, I was unaware of these mooted moves. They're two of my three favourite Newy players. I'll definitely switch clubs if this happens.

Heard about Carney but not Lee Ki-Ji.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Lord Griff on fox sports news this morning saying anyone who has 13 offsides to his name is disrepectfull to his team ,coach and FANS. and stressed it is utterly lazy
    Damn straight. They were so very lazy yesterday.

Triffo has 17 so far this season, followed by Enver (8), Carney 7 and Hoffman 6

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Also said we should sign mcbreen, anyone share their thoughts on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Also said we should sign mcbreen, anyone share their thoughts on that?
    We should have at the start,
    I dont know how fit he is these days though,
    But one things for sure is he is a hungry goal scorer.
    BUT FU@K THAT..
    sign GRIFF he is hungry , fast, god and is the jets.

can't believe leaky is only 24.

Come the end of the season we've really gotta start letting a lot of these people go.

Basically our whole front 4 can go, none of them are effective at getting anything done bar Leo but he seems to have suffered one knock thats permanently done him in.

I think Kanta can stay, him and Poljak in the middle is a good combination but **** Watson right off.

Hoffman isn't doing the worst but I doubt he's on bare minimum and as a result should go come next season, also re-sign Jackson.

Keep Birraz, best keeper we have and worth keeping a hold of

Keep: Birraz, Jackson, Kanta, Lundy
    **** Off: Everyone Else

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Come the end of the season we've really gotta start letting a lot of these people go.

Basically our whole front 4 can go, none of them are effective at getting anything done bar Leo but he seems to have suffered one knock thats permanently done him in.

I think Kanta can stay, him and Poljak in the middle is a good combination but **** Watson right off.

Hoffman isn't doing the worst but I doubt he's on bare minimum and as a result should go come next season, also re-sign Jackson.

Keep Birraz, best keeper we have and worth keeping a hold of

Keep: Birraz, Jackson, Kanta, Lundy
    **** Off: Everyone Else
    So can you care to enlighten me as to why our front four can go yet you wish to keep Leo who does absolutely **** all of use and is one of the main reasons our attack is so shit in that he provides nothing that the club is paying him for as a foreign no 10

As for your thoughts on keeping Lundy. I am confused as all shit. You have given him a panning in the past based on what you have seen of him in his limited HAL opportunity's off the bench and said in your opinion you think he isn't good enough

Today you are advocating we resign him

FMD

As for your thoughts on Poljak and Kanta being good in CM maybe that is why we are constantly shit. Accepting mediocrity regularly

Quite frankly I am disgusted at that shit I watched yesterday. So ****ing heart broken to see the club dish that up before their long suffering fans. To be perfectly honest Heart were not even red hot good yesterday.

We were just lifeless in spirit effort commitment and passion.

****ing disgraceful

Sign McBreen though.
    Make the circle complete.

Unveil Griff, McBreen and Paartalus statues out the front of the stadium on Australia Day.

I'll go watch.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Quite frankly I am disgusted at that shit I watched yesterday. So ****ing heart broken to see the club dish that up before their long suffering fans. To be perfectly honest Heart were not even red hot good yesterday.

****ing disgraceful
    Carney losing the ball then staying on the ground while City countered to score their 2nd goal of the day was enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So can you care to enlighten me as to why our front four can go yet you wish to keep Leo who does absolutely **** all of use and is one of the main reasons our attack is so shit in that he provides nothing that the club is paying him for as a foreign no 10

As for your thoughts on keeping Lundy. I am confused as all shit. You have given him a panning in the past based on what you have seen of him in his limited HAL opportunity's off the bench and said in your opinion you think he isn't good enough

Today you are advocating we resign him

FMD

As for your thoughts on Poljak and Kanta being good in CM maybe that is why we are constantly shit. Accepting mediocrity regularly

****ing disgraceful
    I think the general consensus is that we play better with Leo on the pitch. First 20-25 minutes, even as far as to their first goal we weren't necessarily playing great but we were doing more attacking and getting it to their box then in recent weeks. He's quick, beats players and a good eye for passes. He was constantly screaming at players for the ball cause he was in the right position, but we either did a late pass or a pass to the wrong player. He's a good attacking mid. He fades away but he's just come back from injury, so use him till the 65-70th and hook him, and let him get his cardio up and he can do good shit for us

On Lundy, right now he's not looked up to snuff in my opinion. He had a lot of time in the game Haliti went off injured in and didn't look the best, nor was he effective in his start in the FFA Cup game, and he's been very meh in his bench appearances. But, on the other side, he's young, local, on minimal coin and carves up the youth. His game time for first team is irregular, even as a sub he doesn't always get on the pitch. So, I see no reason to get rid of him as he has the potential to come good.