Page 46 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcastle United Jets 2013/2014 Squad thread

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Playing here got him to the world cup....I think another 2/3 years to establish himself as a star in the A-league would have been beneficial to him. He is still very young and the championship is going to be a huge challenge. When you look at his 45 minutes this am I fear for him. Good luck to him but really not convinced it's the right choice (Maybe financially it is).
    I agree. I think he is going to struggle physically and won't get game time before getting a loan move back here before heading to South Korea like do many A-League player who left too early before him like Djite, Burns, Brosque, Ruka, bulut etc

Hope I'm wrong. I want to be wrong. I just hope he applies himself, trains hard and realised the hard work isn't over. He hadn't made it yet and it's simply the next step.

When you have tinks saying he wants nothing to do with football clubs, an approach from an OS club is always going to look good, for the player and tinks to cash in before cashing out. With this now confirmed I think the south american is the natural like for like replacement for taggz and most likely that was the plan all along, hopefully this means we'll have cap and squad space for a decent LB now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Hope I'm wrong. I want to be wrong. I just hope he applies himself, trains hard and realised the hard work isn't over. He hadn't made it yet and it's simply the next step.
    Unlike those other names taggz had to really work his arse off to get an opportunity, he has always appeared very headstrong & the comments from the socceroos camp about his training will hopefully see him succeed.
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

taggz gone, fk him off, sh1t hair, movin on.

How bout this very unkown bloke

According to wiki, that's 1 of about 3 goals total he's scored in competition. And he was an International at 2011's Copa America. Hardly a superstar on paper, but we shall see

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/j...eplace-taggart
    hopefully they will release some names, my source was correct.

I agree. I think he is going to struggle physically and won't get game time before getting a loan move back here before heading to South Korea like do many A-League player who left too early before him like Djite, Burns, Brosque, Ruka, bulut etc

I disagree with you two. I think Taggz needs to get over there, get the coaching, the training & playing experience, ASAP. I have doubts over whether he could replicate or better the season he just had in the HAL, as the HAL is such a weird comp, so IMO he needed to receive the rewards for his season before he did a Kanta and majorly dropped in form over the next 2-3 years he could have stayed here.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I disagree with you two. I think Taggz needs to get over there, get the coaching, the training & playing experience, ASAP. I have doubts over whether he could replicate or better the season he just had in the HAL, as the HAL is such a weird comp, so IMO he needed to receive the rewards for his season before he did a Kanta and majorly dropped in form over the next 2-3 years he could have stayed here.
    I can see your point. What you say about the league is true, too. I certainly won't disagree.

Getting him over for the training is definitely a plus. I said in the socceroos thread that you can see the difference in size of the likes of Jedinak. Taggz needs to bulk up and get better training (like training in how to use his left foot, but there are successful one footed players). He'll get that going overseas. I hope for his sake Fulham are the right club. They're a bit of a shambles at the moment

I'll be honest the fact that on paper he's scored 2 goals in 5 years, does not fill me with confidence. I was trying to be positive, so maybe he'll come good, hopefully.

And anyone got any guesses on the Spanish guy? I hear Ander Herrera is on his way out of Bilbao.....
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    I'll be honest the fact that on paper he's scored 2 goals in 5 years, does not fill me with confidence. I was trying to be positive, so maybe he'll come good, hopefully.

And anyone got any guesses on the Spanish guy? I hear Ander Herrera is on his way out of Bilbao.....
    Just reading on twitter that the deal with the spanish player has fallen through

I can see your point. What you say about the league is true, too. I certainly won't disagree.

Getting him over for the training is definitely a plus. I said in the socceroos thread that you can see the difference in size of the likes of Jedinak. Taggz needs to bulk up and get better training (like training in how to use his left foot, but there are successful one footed players). He'll get that going overseas. I hope for his sake Fulham are the right club. They're a bit of a shambles at the moment
    Yeah, like Cahill. God forbid Taggart ever gets as one footed as that guy.

Also, go look at the goal package for Taggart this season gone... he scored a left peg strike in the game against Brisbane. He might just need more confidence in his left foot because that goal was pretty decent. And I was surprised when watching it back that he actually scored a few headers as well. And then I had a quick to the first one against Heart... no step, just trap and swing. Reminded me a bit of a Ronaldinho goal from years back.

Agree about shambles of a club. 3 managers in a season. Hope they don't end up going the route of Portsmouth for Taggart's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Just reading on twitter that the deal with the spanish player has fallen through
    I'm tempted to say I'm not surprised.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Yeah, like Cahill. God forbid Taggart ever gets as one footed as that guy.

Also, go look at the goal package for Taggart this season gone... he scored a left peg strike in the game against Brisbane. He might just need more confidence in his left foot because that goal was pretty decent. And I was surprised when watching it back that he actually scored a few headers as well. And then I had a quick to the first one against Heart... no step, just trap and swing. Reminded me a bit of a Ronaldinho goal from years back.

Agree about shambles of a club. 3 managers in a season. Hope they don't end up going the route of Portsmouth for Taggart's sake.
    Maybe it's confidence as you say Grim. That probably better describes what I am going for. I kept thinking last year that Taggz gives himself away because he favours his right foot so much, be that he gives away time trying to get around the ball or angles for the shot being reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Where are you reading this?

Maybe it's confidence as you say Grim. That probably better describes what I am going for. I kept thinking last year that Taggz gives himself away because he favours his right foot so much, be that he gives away time trying to get around the ball or angles for the shot being reduced.
    If a bloke can "give himself away" and still get the golden boot, I am more than happy for him to be one footed

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    I'm tempted to say I'm not surprised.
    I bet Robbie Middleby forgot to bring a pen to where they were going to sign the contract and now this Spanish player has decided to play for Melbourne City instead.
    OK

A guy called John Davidson from FourFourTwoOz

Where are you reading this?
    John Davidson @johnnyddavidson ยท 3h
    BREAKING: Newcastle Jets deal to sign a Spanish midfielder with experience playing in La Liga has fallen through #aleague @FourFourTwoOz
    He's the guy that "broke" the story last night about it being an Ecuadorian striker... which I disputed and gave James Gardiner the credit for, over 2 weeks ago!

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I bet Robbie Middleby forgot to bring a pen to where they were going to sign the contract and now this Spanish player has decided to play for Melbourne City instead.
    Probably, but let's wait for official confirmation.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

OK