Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jetstream AMA with Shane Mattiske

What will the budget look like for for the foreseeable future, will we be able to use the full salary cap?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Since KB United in 1978, Newcastle, through some bleak times has proven time and again, that it has the interest and support to maintain a successful A-League club. In the last 10 or so years we have won a championship, hosted a Grand Final, qualified twice for the ACL and gone to the knock out round once, hosted a full house for LA Galaxy, regularly attracts 10,000 members and due to that support hosted an Asian Cup semifinal. The fans are there and I am of the personal opinion a financially stable and successful Jets can be in the Top 4 clubs in the country.....permanently.

Do you guys from Melbourne and Sydney "get this" and does this negate any talk of taking the license elsewhere where there is practically zero chance of improving on the maximum capability the Jets have demonstrated. City-centric football people never seem to appreciate this.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

AMA confirmed - Ill be recording it with Shane this Sunday via Zoom. Hopefully this means I can release video and audio versions of the interview on Monday morning
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Nice work furns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Since KB United in 1978, Newcastle, through some bleak times has proven time and again, that it has the interest and support to maintain a successful A-League club. In the last 10 or so years we have won a championship, hosted a Grand Final, qualified twice for the ACL and gone to the knock out round once, hosted a full house for LA Galaxy, regularly attracts 10,000 members and due to that support hosted an Asian Cup semifinal. The fans are there and I am of the personal opinion a financially stable and successful Jets can be in the Top 4 clubs in the country.....permanently.

Do you guys from Melbourne and Sydney "get this" and does this negate any talk of taking the license elsewhere where there is practically zero chance of improving on the maximum capability the Jets have demonstrated. City-centric football people never seem to appreciate this.
    This.

Just add to that, what do they think the root problem has been?

Interview done, hopefully people find it informative
    Videos and podcast will be published 6am Monday morning

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Interview done, hopefully people find it informative
    Videos and podcast will be published 6am Monday morning
    How did you feel towards it all post interview

Im fairly positive mate, I think that he's keen to sort the issues out and help the club improve. Which will make us a more attractive prospect.

Well done getting him so soon.Look forward to it

I could wait to listen but ... did he proffer a hoped-for timeline for selling the club?

I'm more interested to know who's gonna pay the debts

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Why? Are you a creditor?

Excellent pod Furns - more or less how I expected. You can't build Rome in a day and all that.

Won't shut Facebook up but I'm fairly satisfied we are in capable hands - interesting bit about the "silent club", which i could only see being Victory or Macarthur.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 11-01-2021 at 11:20 AM.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

good work Furns. Good to hear that they're keen to set us up properly before selling.

Also nice to hear that a process will be followed for choosing the new coach. At least if GVE is chosen i will be satisfied that he was the best available option.

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    it's already been stated that Martin Lee is responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    It wasn’t ideal to here Lee had taken membership and sponsors money already. Will be lean for new owners

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    It wasn’t ideal to here Lee had taken membership and sponsors money already. Will be lean for new owners
    Yes. Good reason to become a member if you aren't one already though.

Getting through it now (will do it in two chunks). Like the sound of him, though he's prone to a bit of waffle. He'd benefit from a time limit to his answers.

Nowhere near as bad as Miller, who is the Plimsoll line of interview subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Yes. Good reason to become a member if you aren't one already though.
    Exactly why I hadn’t joined not wanting to give them money if he wasn’t putting it back in. Rejoined this week

Why? Are you a creditor?
    No, but I genuinely feel for them.
    I just hate the idea of people not getting paid for their work while the discussion is focused on new players, coach etc.
    Also, there's a history of debt that might tarnish the image of the club (if it hasn't already, going back to the Tinkler era, I don't know before that...): seems like a recurring pattern, and it doesn't look good tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I think what they said is "as far as they know" he's responsible.
    Doesn't mean he is going to pay...
    Last edited by mic22; 11-01-2021 at 10:53 PM.