Page 226 of 242 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Pay 4x the amount on eBay?
    If you can’t afford it, you don’t deserve it.

...or so I heard.

But srsly, shops are bare in western Sydney, not much happening at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Anyone having issues getting food / Groceries ? Not having a lot of luck around here except for fresh fruit and veges being easy to find. I guess mongs don't like eating healthy.
    Common theme all over looks like it
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Anyone having issues getting food / Groceries ? Not having a lot of luck around here except for fresh fruit and veges being easy to find. I guess mongs don't like eating healthy.
    Head out of town. I shop in Maitland and have only had issues with dried Pasta, TP, Tissues and the missus had to go to the chemist to find Lady stuff.

Also, try your local Asian mart. The idiots are steering clear of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Yes D

Boss and i went for a shop this arvo and this is a typical of the two stores we went to.

No Meat ie mince snags or cuts of any beast.
    Vegimite Gluten free version only
    Stuff All Cereals
    Bugger all Honey
    Tomato sauce
    Bugger all tinned food ie Spag, beans etc.
    Cheeses

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    USA currently has 4800 infections and 90 deaths

There are 300 million people there

Some perspective may be required

As for a country with no universal healthcare

Philippines
    100 million plus living in poverty for the most part
    142 infections 12 deaths

They seem to be doing quite alright with no health care available for the poor locals
    If those figures you've posted and my maths are both accurate:
    1.9% of cases result in death in the USA.
    8.5% of cases result in death in the Phillipines.

Were you trying to head in this direction when you posted that?
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    If those figures you've posted and my maths are both accurate:
    1.9% of cases result in death in the USA.
    8.5% of cases result in death in the Phillipines.

Were you trying to head in this direction when you posted that?
    My point being is in the Philippines they live at extremely close quarters to one another, they live with multiple people sleeping in the same room etc people there would also struggle to.afford basics like food so ain't gonna have all the alcohol soaps and fancy shit the western world has nor will the locals be In any position for health care if affected

Basically they are a prime candidate for mass devastation from Covid19

There tally is what 142 cases for a population of over 100 million

That pretty low rate considering all that is stacked against them

Anyone else more worried about the financial fallout of the corona virus than the virus itself?

So many people are going to be financially crippled by this.................

My point being is in the Philippines they live at extremely close quarters to one another, they live with multiple people sleeping in the same room etc people there would also struggle to.afford basics like food so ain't gonna have all the alcohol soaps and fancy shit the western world has nor will the locals be In any position for health care if affected

Basically they are a prime candidate for mass devastation from Covid19

There tally is what 142 cases for a population of over 100 million

That pretty low rate considering all that is stacked against them
    There are places like Bali & Sudan that have/had no infections recorded, the first one being death. I honestly question the testing practices at a lot of other places.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Anyone else more worried about the financial fallout of the corona virus than the virus itself?

I only opened a new professional studio in January. We had only just started to have our rent covered. If we don't shoot to create new content we don't make money. Naturally because of what I shoot yeah.

Commercial enquiries have all but dried up across photography in general. IE no weddings, event or corporate gigs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    There are places like Bali & Sudan that have/had no infections recorded, the first one being death. I honestly question the testing practices at a lot of other places.
    I wonder how many people are coming down with some version of cold fever influenza etc and being falsely diagnosed with Corona as the dumb ****s are panicking

Banned

If the number of deaths increases then yes

But if we stay on the same trajectory or improve the rate of infection then this shit will be over in a month or so

I don't see anyone afraid to not go anywhere yet.

Every man and his dog is happy to risk life and limb to go to the Shopping mall

Biggest problem we got at the moment is the level of panic

That needs to be resolved first and foremost

But if we stay on the same trajectory or improve the rate of infection then this shit will be over in a month or so
    Don’t believe this will be over in a month. We’re in this for the long haul.

Biggest problem we got at the moment is the level of panic

That needs to be resolved first and foremost
    Correct.

I wonder how many people are coming down with some version of cold fever influenza etc and being falsely diagnosed with Corona as the dumb ****s are panicking
    If you have the virus you can spread it to others. If you have a cold or influenza then you are more susceptible to picking up the corona virus if exposed to it because you immunity will have been compromised.

It's pretty much like hiv / aids - you just assume anyone you are going to root has it and protect yourself and them accordingly.

Banned
    If you have the virus you can spread it to others. If you have a cold or influenza then you are more susceptible to picking up the corona virus if exposed to it because you immunity will have been compromised.

It's pretty much like hiv / aids - you just assume anyone you are going to root has it and protect yourself and them accordingly.
    But if we take the safe approach here we have false numbers of infected

So as a result the reality ain't what is being claimed

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    I only opened a new professional studio in January. We had only just started to have our rent covered. If we don't shoot to create new content we don't make money. Naturally because of what I shoot yeah.

Commercial enquiries have all but dried up across photography in general. IE no weddings, event or corporate gigs.
    This is exactly my point, small businesses are already being hit, with a flow on to casual workers, tradies, retail, hospitality.

I have friends that won't be able to financially survive the current downturn for another 2-4 weeks without laying people off, others who have already been told to take paid leave. The coffee shop close to my office was asking customers on Monday morning what their plans would be over the coming weeks as it affects how much stock they order or whether they continue to trade at all.

If we continue down the current path even without additional measures we will see businesses closing and job losses. Lack of income will result in rent/mortgages being missed or at the minimum less money be spent which flows on to the rest of the economy.

This definitely scares me more than the virus itself.

Sometimes the optimal course of action is choosing the best bad idea. This seems to be one of those situations.

What's wrong with a few extra people being tested? What is the negative here exactly? The test will show if they are infected or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

This is exactly my point, small businesses are already being hit, with a flow on to casual workers, tradies, retail, hospitality.

I have friends that won't be able to financially survive the current downturn for another 2-4 weeks without laying people off, others who have already been told to take paid leave. The coffee shop close to my office was asking customers on Monday morning what their plans would be over the coming weeks as it affects how much stock they order or whether they continue to trade at all.

If we continue down the current path even without additional measures we will see businesses closing and job losses. Lack of income will result in rent/mortgages being missed or at the minimum less money be spent which flows on to the rest of the economy.

This definitely scares me more than the virus itself.
    Good points...I too have this gut feeling that noble and correct as the current actions are, they will cause far more social and financial damage in 2-3 months than letting it run it's course focussing on relentless hygiene management. It is a novel thing now but imagine this in 3 months time. It is prudent to note that South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong have levelled out by acting quickly.

There will be 300,000 jobs gone by September. How many businesses shut down is anyone's guess.

Schools will close and parents have to stay home. 30% of healthcare workers have kids at school. Panic buying will continue and there will be more shopping rage. Mortgages will fall behind. Anyone who thinks the government can pay wages is off their tree.

People stuck at home with nothing to do and nowhere to go during winter will go stir crazy. There is little doubt crime rates will rise as people get desperate. Rules are being made up on the fly.

We could soon see what anarchy really is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    What's wrong with a few extra people being tested? What is the negative here exactly? The test will show if they are infected or not.
    Sailed straight over your head

Due to the shortage of testing kits around the world plenty of people will present with some symptoms of flu normal cough n cold etc and be told they have Corona

Go home self isolate and go to hospital if they get worse

So they being treated for Corona when they just have influenza due to the lack of medical resources available around the planet

So the official figure for Corona is bound to be much lower than what it is

On another note is anyone following what Soros is doing right now??

Clues be there

Sailed straight over your head

Due to the shortage of testing kits around the world plenty of people will present with some symptoms of flu normal cough n cold etc and be told they have Corona

Go home self isolate and go to hospital if they get worse

So they being treated for Corona when they just have influenza due to the lack of medical resources available around the planet

So the official figure for Corona is bound to be much lower than what it is

On another note is anyone following what Soros is doing right now??

Clues be there
    You will only be told you have Corona if you test positive, Have you not paid attention past few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight