Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NPL Youth Thread

[QUOTE=W8 WATCHER;242964]
    Quote Originally Posted by Joao Pinto View Post
    That’s the way they roll! Obviously didn’t fancy their own keeper and locked the 16s keeper in cupboard and pretended they couldn’t locate him. That’s ok, 15s keeper is available now this weekend.............like that’s going to happen!!![/QUOTE

1st grade was dropped, ressies refuses as too good for , then appears on bench in final and g/final for a medal
    now plays 18's final.
    20-21 allowed to play 18's
    embarrassing
    The only reason a goal keeper can play down is with a medical certificate, Had to go through that this season at the last minute with an injury a couple of days before a game. Shouldn't be hard to know if they have done the wrong thing. Should be a warning for goalkeepers wanting to play there though, when it matters they won't back you to play up an age, they'd bring a keeper down instead. Its not what you want to see in youth football. Unless they have injuries across the board, but thats a lot of injuries all at the same time.

That’s the way they roll! Obviously didn’t fancy their own keeper and locked the 16s keeper in cupboard and pretended they couldn’t locate him. That’s ok, 15s keeper is available now this weekend.............like that’s going to happen!!!
    I'll credit that comment to a micro stroke. I strongly suggest you actually find out the keeper situation which afflicted the club in the youth spaces this season. Talk to a few parents from the program. If you know why the 16's and 18's keepers are unavailable and have still made that comment, and you have children of your own that play football then karma should be returned 10 fold and curse your seed from this planet as you are an absolute disgrace of a human being.

All keeper decisions approved by NNSWF, there is no reason to justify on this cancer of a forum.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    can someone confirm if true
    magic 18's played there dropped 1st grade keeper L.Watson against Olympic
    he has to be 20-21 years of age,
    surely if true, NNSW F would penalise magic, and Olympic go through to final
    ** things you do to win a medal
    Do you really think magic would play him without NNSW approval or a good excuse? Think about it you idiots. If you didn’t know the reason then I’ll tell you just so you can look like an even bigger dickhead along with your mate pinto. The 16s keeper has had cancer for a while and now it’s at the point of no return I’ve been told by a reliable source, the poor kid doesn’t have long to live so I suggest you dickhead dads pull your heads in as there is more to life then local football.
    Can’t imagine how his family and the club feel right now without having to read about competitive dads that are living through their kids on football forums. Get a life you losers.

[QUOTE=W8 WATCHER;242964]
    That’s the way they roll! Obviously didn’t fancy their own keeper and locked the 16s keeper in cupboard and pretended they couldn’t locate him. That’s ok, 15s keeper is available now this weekend.............like that’s going to happen!!![/QUOTE

1st grade was dropped, ressies refuses as too good for , then appears on bench in final and g/final for a medal
    now plays 18's final.
    20-21 allowed to play 18's
    embarrassing
    Unfortunately Magic will probably have a couple of field players of the right age that have played all year, but won't get game time on GF day. They could have taken up the gloves. It's not like playing in goals is a health and safety issue.
    Hopefully their striker isn't having a bad hair day and they call in Virgili because the back ups are also suddenly uncontactable.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    have a bit of cry more why don't you. lol. Doesnt bother me, they played rubbish the week before they had a semi final to play. no skin off my nose. what a bunch of babies in this forum.
    Ahh Kitty. Where have I had a cry? I was talking about my opinion on Maitland semi final and how they had chances to win and threw it away with one silly challenge in the box. This backed up my another member.

You then rubbished my opinion by referring to a different game.

It obviously does bother you for you to reply like you did. Why animosity towards Maitland U13? Maybe you need to grow up.

[QUOTE=KITZ;242966]
    Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post

The only reason a goal keeper can play down is with a medical certificate, Had to go through that this season at the last minute with an injury a couple of days before a game. Shouldn't be hard to know if they have done the wrong thing. Should be a warning for goalkeepers wanting to play there though, when it matters they won't back you to play up an age, they'd bring a keeper down instead. Its not what you want to see in youth football. Unless they have injuries across the board, but thats a lot of injuries all at the same time.
    Wrong again Kitty. Magic do back their keepers to play up. Their U15 keeper for season is actually U14. At one stage, he was the only keeper available due to injuries/illness. Below are his stats for year which show he covered all age groups from U13 to U16.

U16 - NPL Northern NSW 2020 4 2020-10-18
    U15 - NPL Northern NSW 2020 15 2020-11-15
    U14 - NPL Northern NSW 2020 10 2020-11-14
    U13 - NPL Northern NSW 2020 1 2020-10-04

They can tell you what they want, the clubs can't make formal offers and if they are they risk sanction. which was the whole point of the conversation that was happening here.

Also, just to reply to your LAZY fact checking, lakes 15's are currently 8th, but have been up around 5th, the 18s are 5th and their reserve grade is 6th (above Edgeworth, mind you, but don't let facts get in the way of a rant). They most years have to take kids from community at 13 and build them through to where they are competing more in the older age groups, they haven't had the opportunity like some clubs where entire SAP teams are handed over to them. Its pretty easy to achieve when someone has already developed your players for you, its a lot more work and coaching when you are developing them yourself, considering they didn't have a feeder like jaffas/olympic/magic.

In regards to SAP, I'm not sure what your level of imaginary rating is, since its supposed to be an individual skills development program not a team based football strategy program at 9-12 and people like you have destroyed the decent program it once was and turned it into a dick measuring competition.

While they might not be winning in first grade, they just debuted a 17-year-old goalkeeper, and have multiple players signed at other clubs that they have developed through to first grade. What they aren't doing is signing retired a-league players and having their youth leave because theres no where to go after youth NPL for them, they are specifically trying to develop kids through. You know since this forum is about YOUTH NPL.

They have kids playing up regularly, I know some that went from 15's, 16s, 18's to reserves in a space of a season, and they have just signed a heap of decent coaching staff heading into next season. they have also just launched a rebrand, I mean in a year when football might not have even happened and the sponsorship money is hard to come by, the club has done a heck of a lot of work.

That and they are a decent bunch of people to be around that don't have players spitting, abusing parents on the sidelines and racially abusing other teams. I mean sure I'm sure that behaviour is a great way to develop players for any professional league because the publicity on that always goes so well for football clubs.

Some of us can actually manage a conversation here. I think you need to find something else to do, and let the people that can manage coherent sentences actually converse.

Anyway on another subject has anyone heard if TSP will be starting up next year again?
    Sounds like you are really happy at Lakes. Will your child be staying there for season 2021 or looking for opportunities at other NPL clubs?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Ahh Kitty. Where have I had a cry? I was talking about my opinion on Maitland semi final and how they had chances to win and threw it away with one silly challenge in the box. This backed up my another member.

You then rubbished my opinion by referring to a different game.

It obviously does bother you for you to reply like you did. Why animosity towards Maitland U13? Maybe you need to grow up.
    Ignore him.

He's emotional baby. happy to insult but cant handle the retort.

Maito did well this year in nearly all grades. Well done.

Pretty sure I’ve managed to cope with all of the retorts especially coming from you who still seems to not be able
    To grasp that everyone on these forums ISNT NECESSARILY MALE.
    Last edited by KITZ; 17-11-2020 at 08:38 PM.

Info from Edgeworth FB page:

Youth Grand Final Day Information:

We are receiving a lot of requests & messages in regards to the Youth NPL Grand Final Day on Saturday.

This day is being run by Northern NSW Football (not EEFC), we are just hosting the day. Due to Covid requirements & restrictions, the day will be a ticketed event. If you do not have a ticket, NNSWF staff will not let you in.

Each team in a Grand Final has only been allocated 100 tickets which have been allocated to the players immediate family only. Those tickets are valid for their game only. The ground will be vacated after each game so those with tickets to the next one can enter.

We appreciate & understand that everyone wants to get out & support their team, particularly our very own 15s, but unfortunately this is not able to happen.

We will keep everyone updated as to how the games are progressing during the day as much as possible!

Thanks for your understanding,

EEFC

We have been treated really well at lakes and I would recommend them as a decent bunch of people who are easy to get along with, especially for kids that aren’t afraid of a bit of hard work. At this stage it really depends on what else he is offered, he’s got specific things he now is looking for out of any club along with what’s best for his individual development, bar moving up a division / going to Sydney/ or going overseas later on, but it has made him understand what he needs from any club he is at, be it lakes or anywhere else.

But honestly anything he does now is going to be easier not harder for him having started in NPL where he has. People read the ladder how they will but for him personally it’s developed him on a way we wouldn’t have expected, i always thought it was going to be a make him or break him sort of season, and he really thrived on it, a handful of them really stepped up, it just takes a whole team of them stepping up which is where they struggled. I think that’s why you see them succeeding in the older age groups rather than the younger ones.

[QUOTE=Reds Forever;242984]

Wrong again Kitty. Magic do back their keepers to play up. Their U15 keeper for season is actually U14. At one stage, he was the only keeper available due to injuries/illness. Below are his stats for year which show he covered all age groups from U13 to U16.

U16 - NPL Northern NSW 2020 4 2020-10-18
    U15 - NPL Northern NSW 2020 15 2020-11-15
    U14 - NPL Northern NSW 2020 10 2020-11-14
    U13 - NPL Northern NSW 2020 1 2020-10-04
    The post was regarding semis and grand finals. Not the normal season. The whole “when it matters” part of the post.

Why does a club like magic need a 14s keeper to play as their 15s and 14s keeper outside of injury, which is what it sounds like you are saying unless I’m wrong?

Sad to hear about their keeper though, not great news, that’s terrible.

[QUOTE=KITZ;242996]
    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post

The post was regarding semis and grand finals. Not the normal season. The whole “when it matters” part of the post.

Why does a club like magic need a 14s keeper to play as their 15s and 14s keeper outside of injury, which is what it sounds like you are saying unless I’m wrong?

Sad to hear about their keeper though, not great news, that’s terrible.
    Never mind the keepers everyone who actually has any knowledge on Magic keepers this year knows what has happened. We can look instead at Magic playing a bunch of players that had played 15s all year being dropped to play in the 14s semi final. Also feel bad for those kids, work hard to get your team into 2nd place and then when it comes down to it the club shunts you to the side.

Clubs are going to run their teams as they see fit. Too many reasons to count.

Ultimately it's about getting the best team on the park to get the result at this end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    Clubs are going to run their teams as they see fit. Too many reasons to count.

Ultimately it's about getting the best team on the park to get the result at this end of the season.
    Not sure if making sure you win the $2 medallion in the U13s the best result for the players.

Northern at it again. Youth GF's this weekend limited to 100 tickets for each team in each game. Each game is a separate ticketed event so ground getting cleared out between games as was the case in the seniors last Sunday week. Last Sunday at Darling Street for the semis hundreds of people, no sign in or social distancing despite the repeated announcements over the PA system and Duty Officers getting about. Repeat of the senior semis where hundreds were in attendance and then locking down for the GF. Is there some logical answer to all this that I'm not seeing?

Plus each team's parents have to provide 6 duty officers.

Speers Point they allow 500 in. First grade are allowed 500 in.

Bet Jets trial game will have more then 500 at same ground.

Banned
    No tix or worries for semis. Then GF is Covid. aholes

Grand final weekend
    Less supporters than semi final weekend (thanks NNSWF)

Saturday at Edgy
    9am - u13 - Mid North Coast v Magic
    11.30 - u14 - Olympic v Magic
    2pm - u15 - Edgeworth vs Jaffas

Sunday at Maitland
    9am - u16 - Olympic vs Jaffas

4 excellent matches.
    u16 could be interesting after the last meeting with a couple of Olympic players given their marching orders. No backward steps here!!
    u15 Edgy unbeaten this year but with two draws against Jaffas (with one of them being against a 10 man Jaffas) this will be an arm wrestle.
    u14 can you go past this goal machine aka Olympic?
    u13 after a great season, Mid Coast to win.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Northern at it again. Youth GF's this weekend limited to 100 tickets for each team in each game. Each game is a separate ticketed event so ground getting cleared out between games as was the case in the seniors last Sunday week. Last Sunday at Darling Street for the semis hundreds of people, no sign in or social distancing despite the repeated announcements over the PA system and Duty Officers getting about. Repeat of the senior semis where hundreds were in attendance and then locking down for the GF. Is there some logical answer to all this that I'm not seeing?
    The difference is that the clubs hosting the semi-finals while it is Northern hosting the grand final. Despite being at Edgeworth it isn't Edgeworth running the day but Northern.