Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jesic for captain.

Jesic for captain.

You know it makes sense.

ZAD
    Tha main man

I really think it makes sense to choose a captain who can watch his team from the stands. It's by far the best vantage point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    You know it makes sense.
    Best idea i've heard in ages

You know it makes sense.
    It does...especially if clubs policy is to shaft their captains
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Make Deans captain then.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Zelic
    Okon
    North
    Thompson
    Bridges
    Wheelhouse

Ryu must be nervous as he looks odds on to be handed the poisonous chalice

Banned
    Zads will be staring down the barrell big time.

Not only will he have the boys from Topors Troopers trying to put their kiss of death touch on him but will also have to handle this captains curse policy we have.

Bloke will be off to WSW before the next game

Zelic
    Okon
    North
    Thompson
    Bridges
    Wheelhouse
    Again, how was Jobe shafted? Not one person has been able to answer this question.

And how was North and Bridges shafted? Bridges is still here… North pissed off to S Korea didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Again, how was Jobe shafted? Not one person has been able to answer this question.

And how was North and Bridges shafted? Bridges is still here… North pissed off to S Korea didn't he?
    The captains curse is more that they all piss off after becoming captain, not that they were all necessarily shafted.

As for jobe, I don't have a problem with them not re-signing him, its this pathetic way of going about it, its all this smoke and mirrors BS.

The bloke has been playing for our club for 10 years, is the current captain, he deserved to be treated with respect, something HSG, Middleby & GVE completely lack for any of the playing squad that was not express posted from either the Fury or the AIS.

What I'd really like to know is how long until we are out of this "rebuilding Phase", how long is long enough for GVE to have "his" squad, 2yrs, 4yrs, 10yrs. When exactly should we be allowed to start asking questions about how effective this coach is, his system if it even exists,his man management, his success. For a bloke who claims there is "no room for sentiment" in sport is laughable considering the epic wave of it that got him over the line with the dunce that is Middleby and HSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    The captains curse is more that they all piss off after becoming captain, not that they were all necessarily shafted.

As for jobe, I don't have a problem with them not re-signing him, its this pathetic way of going about it, its all this smoke and mirrors BS.

The bloke has been playing for our club for 10 years, is the current captain, he deserved to be treated with respect, something HSG, Middleby & GVE completely lack for any of the playing squad that was not express posted from either the Fury or the AIS.

What I'd really like to know is how long until we are out of this "rebuilding Phase", how long is long enough for GVE to have "his" squad, 2yrs, 4yrs, 10yrs. When exactly should we be allowed to start asking questions about how effective this coach is, his system if it even exists,his man management, his success. For a bloke who claims there is "no room for sentiment" in sport is laughable considering the epic wave of it that got him over the line with the dunce that is Middleby and HSG.
    My comment about Jobe being shafted was in response to Seldom's comment, not so much Gary's.

And again, all you've done is have a go at the way "the club went about it"… WHAT EXACTLY DID THEY DO THAT YOU DON'T LIKE??

As far as I'm concerned, they told a player he wasn't needed next season. Did you want them to lie to him? Doesn't matter whether he's been here 5 minutes or 10 years - if the coach deems him unsuitable for the future, then he finishes up. It's exactly how contracts work, in ANY profession. Wheelhouse should be grateful that he got such long notice to look at other options.

I'm only seeing vague responses about a lack of respect from the club with nothing concrete. What about Jobe's lack of respect? I don't need to speculate - he admitted to not having his head or heart in it for 6-12 months, LONG BEFORE the contract talks were started/stalled/dodged whatever etc… But he didn't walk away and do the "right" thing for the club or his teammates… he played on, picked up his paycheck AND wore the captain's armband.

But he didn't walk away and do the "right" thing for the club or his teammates… he played on, picked up his paycheck AND wore the captain's armband.
    You forgot to add "AND was considered by many to be one of our best and most consistent players during that time".

Until pv4 analyses his distribution rate we will never know

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Until pv4 analyses his distribution rate we will never know
    MFKS already has apparently. Worst player ever or some such shit.

Ahem, let's try and stay on topic here...

Jesic, great player, tore it up in pre-season, been on fire for the youth league. The next Sam Gallaway if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Can someone explain to me why jesic is so shit now? he used to be good, I must have missed something

My comment about Jobe being shafted was in response to Seldom's comment, not so much Gary's.

And again, all you've done is have a go at the way "the club went about it"… WHAT EXACTLY DID THEY DO THAT YOU DON'T LIKE??

As far as I'm concerned, they told a player he wasn't needed next season. Did you want them to lie to him? Doesn't matter whether he's been here 5 minutes or 10 years - if the coach deems him unsuitable for the future, then he finishes up. It's exactly how contracts work, in ANY profession. Wheelhouse should be grateful that he got such long notice to look at other options.

I'm only seeing vague responses about a lack of respect from the club with nothing concrete. What about Jobe's lack of respect? I don't need to speculate - he admitted to not having his head or heart in it for 6-12 months, LONG BEFORE the contract talks were started/stalled/dodged whatever etc… But he didn't walk away and do the "right" thing for the club or his teammates… he played on, picked up his paycheck AND wore the captain's armband.
    As I have said earlier I have no problems with not re-signing him, in fact I probably would have done the same, but I'd at least be upfront with the bloke and not drag it out and lie to everyone through the media, I'd be upfront with him and tell him where he stands, not wait around delaying telling the fans what they want to hear, until I have signed some bloke from Adelaide.

Its not like this is the first time HSG / Middleby /GVE has done this look at Abbas, yeah we want you ali, then next minute contract pulled and its get your arse out of here. Elrich is another example, lead along by the coach with a heap of messages and correspondence with him telling him he was wanted and needed for the next season delaying for as long as possible so they can try and force the player to take any other option so they don't appear to be cutting a fan favourite, its piss weak, if you don't want them fine , thats life happens all the time, but have the ****in balls to be honest and upfront about it, so basically the complete lack of any integrety in the club is my main issue.

oh and Jesic, may as well see if he can be as good with Heskey as he was with Jeffers, couldn't hurt, would probably lift with the captaincy too.