Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1201

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

I know trials don't mean much but most Zpl teams got up in there trails against Newfm teams. Even cardiff who got religated from zpl this year got up in there newfm trial.

The only problem that clubs will have moving up to Newfm is the age divisions. 1st grade is full of 21-25 year olds in most teams. And some reserves teams are older. Not a heap of youth !

Not to mention why would a club move up to a 2 horse race with teams all over the hunter. When they can play in a 10 horse competition with all teams based in newcastle?

Only clubs that would move up are ones that would be aiming for NBN I am not sure what ones could afford that or meet the criteria ?

Quote Originally Posted by fresh View Post
    I know trials don't mean much but most Zpl teams got up in there trails against Newfm teams. Even cardiff who got religated from zpl this year got up in there newfm trial.

The only problem that clubs will have moving up to Newfm is the age divisions. 1st grade is full of 21-25 year olds in most teams. And some reserves teams are older. Not a heap of youth !

Not to mention why would a club move up to a 2 horse race with teams all over the hunter. When they can play in a 10 horse competition with all teams based in newcastle?

Only clubs that would move up are ones that would be aiming for NBN I am not sure what ones could afford that or meet the criteria ?
    Most ZPL teams beat NewFM teams in trials and its a 2 horse race, well if you can beat them than it wouldn't be a 2 horse race if your teams moved up. All I hear is excuses and criticism of the higher levels. Get out there and havago. I can't say it any clearer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Havago View Post
    The only way you can force teams to pick up there game is to have promotion relegation, remember Maitland where relegated and it has taken 13 years to get back, Valo has only just came back and maintained there team from last year. Stop bagging the comp and encourage teams and players to get in there and havago. There are teams and clubs sitting in lower divisions where they can win a premiership and not challenge themselves. You can only make a stronger comp if everyone gets behind it and makes it better. To make NBN a stronger comp you need a stronger NewFM. The biggest problem is players put winning a ZPL premiership over a NewFM or NBN Premiership. You tell that to all the players playing this weeks grand final.
    So basically you are blaming blokes playing in the ZPL and assorted Zone Leagues as being responsible for the lack of competitiveness from teams 3-8??

There may well be blokes playing in ZPL and Zone Leagues who could make the comp stronger but ask yourself why they don't want to play for these clubs??

Could it be down to how they are run?? These blokes may be taking a soft option to win a trophy as you put it but who wants to do something they don't enjoy.

Can't be a hell of a lot of fun being part of clubs 3-8 getting tonked all season. Can see they ain't enjoying it when they can't get the numbers comfortably for some grades

Stop trying to blame all and sundry for the weakness in NEW FM.

The clubs are weak because of how they run their race. Fix this make the comp stronger and stop blaming everything else

So much criticism, so little solutions....from everyone posting...

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So basically you are blaming blokes playing in the ZPL and assorted Zone Leagues as being responsible for the lack of competitiveness from teams 3-8??

There may well be blokes playing in ZPL and Zone Leagues who could make the comp stronger but ask yourself why they don't want to play for these clubs??

Could it be down to how they are run?? These blokes may be taking a soft option to win a trophy as you put it but who wants to do something they don't enjoy.

Can't be a hell of a lot of fun being part of clubs 3-8 getting tonked all season. Can see they ain't enjoying it when they can't get the numbers comfortably for some grades

Stop trying to blame all and sundry for the weakness in NEW FM.

The clubs are weak because of how they run their race. Fix this make the comp stronger and stop blaming everything else
    Your so negative, if the answer is make the clubs stronger you tell everyone your solution, is it disband NewFM and make ZPL the stepping stone to NBN, is it disband all current division and go back to the old 5 divisions from years ago and teams got promoted on ability not grounds. Just throwing wild remarks and questions out there is not helping the comp. To say players are not happy at all these clubs is ridiculous, why do they turn up each week. There are players at Cessnock that have over 200 club games and wouldn't play any where else. They have a believe in the club and there future. Unlike some there are players out there that do like the challenge of playing against the likes of Maitland or valo.

Promotion/relegation between all divisions would make for a more even competition.

Serious question here. Who is able to outline the criteria that this years ZPL Top 4 (New Lambton, Mayfield, Wallsend, Cooks Hill) don't meet in terms of facilities?
    Ignoring the "ability of players" and fielding the 1sts,23s,19s teams required, are these the points that solely hold them from being promoted if they apply for NewFM

Banned
    Your so negative, if the answer is make the clubs stronger you tell everyone your solution, is it disband NewFM and make ZPL the stepping stone to NBN, is it disband all current division and go back to the old 5 divisions from years ago and teams got promoted on ability not grounds. Just throwing wild remarks and questions out there is not helping the comp. To say players are not happy at all these clubs is ridiculous, why do they turn up each week. There are players at Cessnock that have over 200 club games and wouldn't play any where else. They have a believe in the club and there future. Unlike some there are players out there that do like the challenge of playing against the likes of Maitland or valo.
    So I am being negative.

Want a solution

How about promote 2 ZPL clubs next year and bring it up to a 10 team comp for a start. You never know the ZPL sides may actually be competitive not get tonked every week raise the standard and only playing each other twice may also help keep things fresh.

Relegate the bottom two at end of season and promote the top 2 from ZPL again. Shake the comp up and force the clubs 3-8 to pull their finger out cause if they continue to be mediocre the Zone Leagues await for them.

Would also have No 2 play off against the 2nd last side in NPL with an NPL place at stake.

Needs to be shaken up at both ends. Promotion to NPL needs to be more realistic for New FM sides and relegation needs to occur more frequently for the shite sides.

**** the reserve grade off

First grade and Yoof grade only. Make these clubs actually develop juniors to actually underpin their club going forward.

As for Cessnock players with 200 games of experience and they are still this mediocre?? Obviously the club is doing really well if in the 10 years or so it took to achieve that they are unable to develop better players to replace them. Wheres the junior development to be able to find the kids to replace blokes who are this far off the pace in this comp with a better calibre of player???

So I am being negative.

Want a solution

How about promote 2 ZPL clubs next year and bring it up to a 10 team comp for a start. You never know the ZPL sides may actually be competitive not get tonked every week raise the standard and only playing each other twice may also help keep things fresh.

Relegate the bottom two at end of season and promote the top 2 from ZPL again. Shake the comp up and force the clubs 3-8 to pull their finger out cause if they continue to be mediocre the Zone Leagues await for them.

Would also have No 2 play off against the 2nd last side in NPL with an NPL place at stake.

Needs to be shaken up at both ends. Promotion to NPL needs to be more realistic for New FM sides and relegation needs to occur more frequently for the shite sides.

First grade and Yoof grade only. Make these clubs actually develop juniors to actually underpin their club going forward.

As for Cessnock players with 200 games of experience and they are still this mediocre?? Obviously the club is doing really well if in the 10 years or so it took to achieve that they are unable to develop better players to replace them. Wheres the junior development to be able to find the kids to replace blokes who are this far off the pace in this comp with a better calibre of player???
    I'm glad you agree with me about making it a ten team comp, that doesn't mean that you won't have 2 stand out teams but makes for a more interesting competition. At the moment teams don't get tonked every week as you state, they have been a lot closer than that, but 2 teams have been consistent. I don't think relegating 2 every year will help raise the standard but if it does I would support it. There is no reserve grade now, I support the current format of 1st, 23's and 19's but would have 17's as well. This gives players a chance to progress. If you where to consider the position of keeper they can continue to play until 40 and this doesn't allow the youth players a chance to come through.
    I think you will find most clubs are trying to develop youth and bring them up through the ranks but the best get attracted to NBN league and it is hard to keep them back from future development. The players at Cessnock who have achieved 200 games have come through junior development at the club and the club has been supporting juniors for years as it is hard for clubs outside of the Newcastle area to attract quality players so if you where to look at Cessnock the majority are local juniors. You just can't produce 1st graders overnight.
    It is good to see some ideas put up not just complete negativity, all we can hope for is Northern understand what the players and general public want to see and there is a chance the game can move forward. This years NBN comp has been the closest in years so maybe they are moving in the right direction. NewFM 's turn next.

During this whole debate of the comp, it is always mentioned teams 3-8 get smashed tonked etc... Belswansea did not go as bad as some make out. Jets Youth won the comp with a 55% win rate in NPL and belSwansea's in Newfm was 47%. rather close. I know its different levels of competitiveness, but they certainly didn't get tonked/smashed every week as is being suggested. The most they conceded in a match was 4 goals, and hey thats the same as the team who won it

So I am being negative.

Want a solution

Every one here would agree bring back promotion and relegation but it's a wasted argument if northern do what I was told on Saturday.
    Heard from a valo person that they are to start to align new fm to npl.
    10 team comp, keeping the criteria, 1st 23's 19's 17's.
    No way you can have promotion and relegation unless zpl, zl1 etc all doing the same.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by monz6 View Post
    During this whole debate of the comp, it is always mentioned teams 3-8 get smashed tonked etc... Belswansea did not go as bad as some make out. Jets Youth won the comp with a 55% win rate in NPL and belSwansea's in Newfm was 47%. rather close. I know its different levels of competitiveness, but they certainly didn't get tonked/smashed every week as is being suggested. The most they conceded in a match was 4 goals, and hey thats the same as the team who won it
    Hey monz6…luv the stats. Thought I'd do a bit of research myself since the perceived improvement of BelSwans from 2013 season. They didn't go as well this year as they did in 2013 when they won 15 of 21 games for a win percentage of 71.43%.
    In the last 2 years playing against teams 4-8 they have played 32games for 25 wins 6 draws and only 1 loss, sounds pretty good. However, playing against the top 2 teams they have played 12 games, won only 1, 0 draws and 11 losses….. not so good.
    So I guess whilst they have progressed since 2012, the challenge ahead is to improve their results against the top 2 teams. I have watched them play some good games against "the big two" and been more than competitive but lack the quality in depth of the other two. The progression and improvement of about 6 young guys all under 20yo who have all gained a lot of first grade experience will be interesting to watch.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    Hey monz6…luv the stats. Thought I'd do a bit of research myself since the perceived improvement of BelSwans from 2013 season. They didn't go as well this year as they did in 2013 when they won 15 of 21 games for a win percentage of 71.43%.
    In the last 2 years playing against teams 4-8 they have played 32games for 25 wins 6 draws and only 1 loss, sounds pretty good. However, playing against the top 2 teams they have played 12 games, won only 1, 0 draws and 11 losses….. not so good.
    So I guess whilst they have progressed since 2012, the challenge ahead is to improve their results against the top 2 teams. I have watched them play some good games against "the big two" and been more than competitive but lack the quality in depth of the other two. The progression and improvement of about 6 young guys all under 20yo who have all gained a lot of first grade experience will be interesting to watch.
    So basically they are best at beating the teams in the 3-8 bracket hence why they come 3rd each year but still can't beat the top two.

Thanks for the Scoop.

It just reconfirms the teams below your cub Sancho are shit. Nothing we didn't already know and nothing that is in dispute

So basically they are best at beating the teams in the 3-8 bracket hence why they come 3rd each year but still can't beat the top two.

Thanks for the Scoop.

It just reconfirms the teams below your cub Sancho are shit. Nothing we didn't already know and nothing that is in dispute
    2 questions

Which club do you support ?
    Which club do you or did you play for?

Quote Originally Posted by punter View Post
    2 questions

Rhetorical question.
    No one and Irrelevant to both.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by punter View Post
    2 questions

Newcastle Jets - Don't even support some Plastic Euro Club like Arsenal Man Utd Liverpool like 90% of the plastic ****s in this country do

As a result I can go watch games in the local comp without any biased agenda as I support one club and am looking to settle agendas or gripes

Olympic Still don't see how this question is relevant.
    Who I did or din't play for has **** all to do with anything

I don't blow smoke up Olympics arse and don't bag the **** out of them. I have though been critical of them from time to time when I have felt it is worthy but I don't watch them often enough to comment on anything other than what I see on the day I go
    Last edited by MFKS; 02-09-2014 at 07:37 AM.

Thanks for the Scoop.

I suppose it would have been better if Belswans could beat the top two but not the bottom two and still finish third.

Well thanks for those comments MFKS, you may think your the only one that knows football because you played for Olympic but maybe you should stick to bagging them out instead of every other club. I can't see the point of making any comments on this forum if we have people like yourself thinking your the only one to know football and continue to criticize everything that is put up for debate or comment. This forum is a waste of space.

Banned
    Well thanks for those comments MFKS, you may think your the only one that knows football because you played for Olympic but maybe you should stick to bagging them out instead of every other club. I can't see the point of making any comments on this forum if we have people like yourself thinking your the only one to know football and continue to criticize everything that is put up for debate or comment. This forum is a waste of space.
    These comments make me wonder whether you are actually not that intelligent or you are arrogant.
    This buddy is a forum for discussion an opinions are bandied about. If you are unable to accept that others have an alternate view to you then you may need to question yourself what you are doing here.

No I am not claiming that I know football any better than anyone else. Though your comments making out the forum is a waste of space because you don't agree with me makes me query whether you think you do know it all r are someway superior. If my opinion bothers you cause you don't agree with it either grow a pair and deal with it or move on

As for what club I played for as I said it is irrelevant.

I have no interest in them do not support them and other than watching a handful of games involving them each season have no involvement with them so why would I need to bag them out on anything other than what transpires when I am there??

so lets get of this whinging topic.

on a brighter note whats everyones thoughts on results for the Big grandfinal?

im going with

1st Maitland win 3-1
    reggies wouldnt mind see redbacks get up going for a 3-2 score line
    19s im goin to have a stab at 2-2 and maitland on penaltys