Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dare to Zlatan: aka judas twat

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I don't rate him at all but he is definitely doing his job.
    Whilst not a crack at you Frodo because you clearly stated that he has done his job, I always find this type of quote fascinating, especially about someone like Zlatan (Klose was another one who springs to mind).

I don't think there's an easier bloke in the world to 'rate' than Zlatan. He is a striker, who scores mountains of goals, and has done so across numerous different comps for club and country for pretty much his whole career.

I mean for sure argue his asthetics or the way he carries himself with the media, but as far as a bloke who continually performs better than almost everyone else, he simply has to be rated near the very top yeah?

And yes, I was with you as to whether he could do it in the EPL.

But yeah, the dude is undeniable.

[QUOTE=Frodo;171692]Wow. Just Wow.

Why wow nothing I have said isnt true. Sometimes in football you need to be a realist, you arsenal fans should try it sometime
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Whilst not a crack at you Frodo because you clearly stated that he has done his job, I always find this type of quote fascinating, especially about someone like Zlatan (Klose was another one who springs to mind).

I don't think there's an easier bloke in the world to 'rate' than Zlatan. He is a striker, who scores mountains of goals, and has done so across numerous different comps for club and country for pretty much his whole career.

I mean for sure argue his asthetics or the way he carries himself with the media, but as far as a bloke who continually performs better than almost everyone else, he simply has to be rated near the very top yeah?

And yes, I was with you as to whether he could do it in the EPL.

But yeah, the dude is undeniable.
    I agree. I think the reason for what you mentioned though is just the blindness of most fans. If its not happening in the EPL or clasico matches then its invisible or somewhat disregarded by a lot of fans. Anything he did for PSG is disregarded cause he was playing in the "shit french league" etc.

What amazes me about him is not really that he's scoring goals. I expected him to. But the amount of involvement he has had. His link up play and first touch passing etc is outstanding. And his agility and flexibility, for not only a huge guy but for a 35 year old are pretty outstanding and unexpected too. Forza Zlatan

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    And Id argue any United fans to disagree with what ive said unless the Jose of old has returned at United
    Have you watched us play this season?
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Have you watched us play this season?
    I watched you lose 4-0 to us does that count but in all seriousness wasn't Rooney Fellani Pogba and Zlatan all out of form earlier or out of position and still being played every week, I saw some English united fans arguing about this a few weeks ago before you're 6 game run
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

I watched you lose 4-0 to us does that count but in all seriousness wasn't Rooney Fellani Pogba and Zlatan all out of form earlier or out of position and still being played every week, I saw some English united fans arguing about this a few weeks ago before you're 6 game run
    It takes more than a few weeks for a coach's tactics to sink in.

Mourinho has always been a defensive coach.

The only thing that has changed from his first time at Chelsea is that he has some players under the age of 21 that he trusts....

just a little bit..

when the older guys are injured..

Tight at the back. Strong in the middle. 1 guy up front who doesn't miss.

Their 6 game run has happened since he found his back 4. An injury to Jones and they may struggle again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    It takes more than a few weeks for a coach's tactics to sink in.

Mourinho has always been a defensive coach.

The only thing that has changed from his first time at Chelsea is that he has some players under the age of 21 that he trusts....

just a little bit..

when the older guys are injured..

Tight at the back. Strong in the middle. 1 guy up front who doesn't miss.

Their 6 game run has happened since he found his back 4. An injury to Jones and they may struggle again.
    He was nowhere near defensive in spell at porto and first time at chelsea. We played great football under jose first time round

love at first sight

Mourinho actually isn't a defensive coach. He's just a smart one.

He appreciates a solid defence just as much as anyone, if not more than some others (Pep), but his sides have always had quality attacking players that he lets express themselves. Yes his sides haven't played like Barca in their prime but Jose is and has been probably the closest thing to Sir Alex in football.

He's always valued solidity, sure, but he has also had many exciting players flourish under his charge down the years.

The narrative around his so-called defensive style comes from the infamous matches against Barca with Inter and Real where he set up to park the bus, to great success too. Being unashamed, and quite frankly good enough, to play "negative" football when the situation calls for it shouldn't be looked down on.

Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

He appreciates a solid defence just as much as anyone, if not more than some others (Pep), but his sides have always had quality attacking players that he lets express themselves. Yes his sides haven't played like Barca in their prime but Jose is and has been probably the closest thing to Sir Alex in football.

He's always valued solidity, sure, but he has also had many exciting players flourish under his charge down the years.

The narrative around his so-called defensive style comes from the infamous matches against Barca with Inter and Real where he set up to park the bus, to great success too. Being unashamed, and quite frankly good enough, to play "negative" football when the situation calls for it shouldn't be looked down on.
    Correction he wouldnt let our attacking players such as oscar hazard and willian etc express themselves. Focused on the doing heaps on tracking back and defending and was one of the reasons he fell out with some players. He sold Mata cause he wasnt good defensivly and oscar was

love at first sight

Jose is and has been probably the closest thing to Sir Alex in football.
    This is probably the most accurate and true statement I've read on here except for the ones that call me hilarious and an asshole.

I reackon they coached so similar but one was labeled as 'swashbuckling', and one 'defensive'.

I'll take klopp thanks.

Correction he wouldnt let our attacking players such as oscar hazard and willian etc express themselves. Focused on the doing heaps on tracking back and defending and was one of the reasons he fell out with some players. He sold Mata cause he wasnt good defensivly and oscar was
    The season before last, when Chelsea won the league, Hazard scored 14 goals. Oscar scored 6 despite not playing as often due to injury and Willian wasn't the player he became the year after - when he carried the team that shamefully quit on Mourinho.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I'll take klopp thanks.
    Over Zlatan?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

The season before last, when Chelsea won the league, Hazard scored 14 goals. Oscar scored 6 despite not playing as often due to injury and Willian wasn't the player he became the year after - when he carried the team that shamefully quit on Mourinho.
    We played good attacking football for 6 months where Jose was still ripping into our attacking players about defensive workload. Then we lost to spurs 5-3 and it was all park the bus from then on and the constant defensive football and Jose acting like a **** put most of his players offside. Just wait till you have one bad flogging under Jose, you wont be doing anything other then park the bus and Rashford??? forget him, Jose will loan him or sell cause he for all he talks doesnt give young players a chance

love at first sight

Banned

The year he led Madrid to La Liga and broke the reign of Barca this when no one had an answer to Xavi Iniesta Messi etc they scored something like 120 goals in the league.

The counter attacking play from Benzema CR7 Higuain was mind blowing quality.

We played good attacking football for 6 months where Jose was still ripping into our attacking players about defensive workload. Then we lost to spurs 5-3 and it was all park the bus from then on and the constant defensive football and Jose acting like a **** put most of his players offside. Just wait till you have one bad flogging under Jose, you wont be doing anything other then park the bus and Rashford??? forget him, Jose will loan him or sell cause he for all he talks doesnt give young players a chance
    Mate, have you watched us play at all?

We've already had a flogging. You flogged us, remember? We've only gotten better since then.

Rashford has played a big role for us this season, as has Martial. They haven't been at the same level as last term but being so young you have to expect dips in form.

The year he led Madrid to La Liga and broke the reign of Barca this when no one had an answer to Xavi Iniesta Messi etc they scored something like 120 goals in the league.

The counter attacking play from Benzema CR7 Higuain was mind blowing quality.
    Yeah, definitely.

His teams always score goals. They're ruthless and clinical. That side in particular was amazing with those guys plus Di Maria, but he'll always have falling short in the CL on his shoulders.

Mate, have you watched us play at all?

We've already had a flogging. You flogged us, remember? We've only gotten better since then.

Rashford has played a big role for us this season, as has Martial. They haven't been at the same level as last term but being so young you have to expect dips in form.
    Well if Jose suddenly changes what he has done the rest of his career and stays past 3 seasons and Rashford and Martial play big starting roles then ill eat my hat in shock

love at first sight

Any confirmations on the injury Zlatan sustained?

Banned
    Looked nasty.

Have to think season over at the minimum being it only go for another 4 weeks anyway

Could be a long term one.

Possible ACL the way he went down

Happens to all the great ones

Griff Ibra Kantarovski etc