Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1259

Thread: UEFA Champions League and Europa League Thread

Ummm Go Liverpool?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Ummm Go Liverpool?
    I was wondering how you'd be aligned.

Figured it'd be a case of who you hate less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I was wondering how you'd be aligned.

Figured it'd be a case of who you hate less.
    Always anyone over Spurs. Liverpool already brag about Europe, But can you imagine Spurs bragging, God Help Us!
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

as a neutral and former life long Lester, Arsenal, Citeh and Dortmund here are the things i would be ok with in the title game.

Liverpool winning because:
    1. The "**** off Suarez" chant will no doubt be revived.
    2. Klopp winning and possibly bear hugging at least 3 people to death.
    3. Firminho just looks like a good dude so he deserves to win.
    4. Firminho spent all that money on teeth so he should be able to show them off.
    5. Virgil winning because he is very good and not a racist shitbag like other ECL winning* centrebacks.
    6. I really dont dig Dele Ali or the way he gets down.
    7. My man Jeterpool deserves this if only to make up for everyone pointing out errors in his game preview posts.

Spurs winning:
    1. Son. Bless him.
    2. Harry Kane doing a John Terry and being front and centre for the presentation in full kit because hes every bit the narcissistic wanker that Terry is but with much less racist shitbag tendencies.
    3. Poch needs to let it all out then sleep for a month. That dude does life tough man.
    4. Jordan Henderson might just kill a man if they are down late.
    5. Piers Morgan may, just may top himself. {insert prayers up emoji}.

*hahahaahahahahahah we all know that racist shitbag didnt actually win it, he did nothing and will live the rest of his existence knowing that his only contribution was to slip over on a pen and cost his team so **** him and **** all his enablers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    as a neutral and former life long Lester, Arsenal, Citeh and Dortmund here are the things i would be ok with in the title game.

Liverpool winning because:
    1. The "**** off Suarez" chant will no doubt be revived.
    2. Klopp winning and possibly bear hugging at least 3 people to death.
    3. Firminho just looks like a good dude so he deserves to win.
    4. Firminho spent all that money on teeth so he should be able to show them off.
    5. Virgil winning because he is very good and not a racist shitbag like other ECL winning* centrebacks.
    6. I really dont dig Dele Ali or the way he gets down.
    7. My man Jeterpool deserves this if only to make up for everyone pointing out errors in his game preview posts.

Spurs winning:
    1. Son. Bless him.
    2. Harry Kane doing a John Terry and being front and centre for the presentation in full kit because hes every bit the narcissistic wanker that Terry is but with much less racist shitbag tendencies.
    3. Poch needs to let it all out then sleep for a month. That dude does life tough man.
    4. Jordan Henderson might just kill a man if they are down late.

*hahahaahahahahahah we all know that racist shitbag didnt actually win it, he did nothing and will live the rest of his existence knowing that his only contribution was to slip over on a pen and cost his team so **** him and **** all his enablers.
    resize.jpg

love at first sight

Last edited by plague; 09-05-2019 at 12:04 PM.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

The EPL is starting to prove itself.

The battle for the "top 6" is creating teams with remarkable endurance. Unlike Barca or Bayern who might get two or three testing games a season, in the EPL even the lower teams can be tough to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

The battle for the "top 6" is creating teams with remarkable endurance. Unlike Barca or Bayern who might get two or three testing games a season, in the EPL even the lower teams can be tough to beat.
    Good observation.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Hasnt it been like that for a long time which is why English teams struggle In Europe because we cant rest players ahead of big UCL games cause every game in the prem is a scrap fight

love at first sight

At this point I don't even think he is an Arsenal fan anymore. He just used Wenger rants to get attention. He hated AFCTV because they stole his gag and did it better.

You've given me a positive to spin in case Spuds do win. Knowing he is somewhere crying and googling "how to tie a noose", would cheer me up a little.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

While I don't disagree that the EPL is doing well at the moment the top few teams are amongst the European elite, the notion that Spanish and German (/other) leagues are comprised of rubbish teams outside the top few is nonsense.

Also is it really much of an argument for the "strength" of the lower teams / league that the top two English teams are 20+ points clear and have lost a handful of games between them all season?

Any arguments you use to account for this can be transposed to the continental leagues to also justify their dominance at the top of the table.

The only difference is one league you follow matches and the others you follow results.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    While I don't disagree that the EPL is doing well at the moment the top few teams are amongst the European elite, the notion that Spanish and German (/other) leagues are comprised of rubbish teams outside the top few is nonsense.

Also is it really much of an argument for the "strength" of the lower teams / league that the top two English teams are 20+ points clear and have lost a handful of games between them all season?

Any arguments you use to account for this can be transposed to the continental leagues to also justify their dominance at the top of the table.

The only difference is one league you follow matches and the others you follow results.
    This 100%.

If Liverpool hadn't been there this year the EPL would have looked like a farm league. 24 points between 1st and 3rd.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

i remember reading somewhere that Spain has just had one its most 'competitive' season in ages due to the gap between all the top teams. Its only because Barca coasted to the title that no one noticed. teams like Villareal, Betis, Getafe etc have been consistently improving for years. also the manner in which they play is very pleasing to watch. they go into madrid now and smoke the big boys or die trying.

people do love to jump on the "the Prem is back" talk when an all english final comes around. but geez, we've just lived through the Barca/Madrid era when they owned the whole continent for over a decade. Peeps gotta pump the brakes on the 2nd coming of the English game.
    Seems like I am WRONG

La Liga 25 points between 1st and 4th.
    Serie A 26 points between 1st and 3rd.
    Bundesliga 20 points between 1st and 4th
    Ligue 1 22 points between 1st and 3rd
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

i remember reading somewhere that Spain has just had one its most 'competitive' season in ages due to the gap between all the top teams. Its only because Barca coasted to the title that no one noticed. teams like Villareal, Betis, Getafe etc have been consistently improving for years. also the manner in which they play is very pleasing to watch. they go into madrid now and smoke the big boys or die trying.

people do love to jump on the "the Prem is back" talk when an all english final comes around. but geez, we've just lived through the Barca/Madrid era when they owned the whole continent for over a decade. Peeps gotta pump the brakes on the 2nd coming of the English game.
    That's the other thing I didn't mention cause some of it is personal preference - some people love watching Huddersfield go to Anfield and park the bus for 90 minutes and scrap.

But for me, I'm with you Plague, the bottom teams in La Liga don't show up and try and "hold on" to a point. I'm not sure which team it was but one of the bottom-ish teams went to Barca and played them off the park, out passed them, out possessed them, and bar bad luck and a couple late goals from a team with some freakishly talented goal scorers would have deservedly come away with the points. Its been that way for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    La Liga 25 points between 1st and 4th.
    Serie A 26 points between 1st and 3rd.
    Bundesliga 20 points between 1st and 4th
    Ligue 1 22 points between 1st and 3rd
    EPL table gap between 1st-5th (Making/missing Champions League spots)
    1989 - 18
    1999 - 22
    2009 - 27
    2019 - 28* can be 31 with City win/Arsenal loss.

THE PREM IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!
    Seems like I am WRONG

See this is the closest to a positive I can find for Sp*rs winning and still, it doesn't seem worth it.
    OK

I'm including the Europa guys in this - that could be all England as well. There must be a reason for this even if it is just cyclical.

I did not say the other comps were rubbish either - my point is not about skill, quality or capability or which league is best, just that the EPL builds endurance through regular intensive games in harsh conditions with no breaks.

Geez......

I'm including the Europa guys in this - that could be all England as well. There must be a reason for this even if it is just cyclical.

I did not say the other comps were rubbish either - my point is not about skill, quality or capability or which league is best, just that the EPL builds endurance through regular intensive games in harsh conditions with no breaks.

Geez......
    Look what you've done....geez

Hasnt it been like that for a long time which is why English teams struggle In Europe because we cant rest players ahead of big UCL games cause every game in the prem is a scrap fight
    Up until recently it was only a top 4 and one or two of the teams always had an off season.
    This years top 6 is bloody impressive considering how strong some of the other teams in the comp can be on their day.