Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 16/17 HAL Round 1 | Newcastle Jets v Adelaids | Sun 09 Oct 2016, 05:00PM

16/17 HAL Round 1 | Newcastle Jets v Adelaids | Sun 09 Oct 2016, 05:00PM

*Jeterpool add in 1000's of stats here*

Season kicks off with a family friendly Sunday game and the Jets with their new manager are expecting to kick the barrel boys off the park. Put the 3pts up on the table already.

The big interest will be in who starts in goal and will the 5 star Chinese flag be on the shirt badge. Jets 4-1

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    *Jeterpool add in 1000's of stats here*

Season kicks off with a family friendly Sunday game and the Jets with their new manager are expecting to kick the barrel boys off the park. Put the 3pts up on the table already.

The big interest will be in who starts in goal and will the 5 star Chinese flag be on the shirt badge. Jets 4-1
    Please. All eyes will be on the new gaffers threads and shoes. Nothing else matters.

Good to have a 5:00pm game on a Sunday. It's just not football unless you have the sun burning through your retinas trying to watch the game. Well done to the FFA for giving the fans what they want once again.

Lose.
    Doomed.
    etc etc.....

Yep lose
    moving forward

Extraordinary victory, which will top the 2-3 v City at the start of last season. Everyone will think Jones is great, just like they thought Miller was after the Melbourne match.

However, after a few rounds, Jones will stutter, the team will collapse, Jones will eventually be sacked and Our Saviour will be brought in.

Gary Van Dillon

Nah Jones was the real brains behind our championship season wasn't he Couscous ??????.

GVE got the accolades when really it was Jones who carried the head coach to glory.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Gary Van Dillon

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Nah Jones was the real brains behind our championship season wasn't he Couscous ??????.

GVE got the accolades when really it was Jones who carried the head coach to glory.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post

Hmmmm....sounds like Klinsmann & Löw, and we know how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Please. All eyes will be on the new gaffers threads and shoes. Nothing else matters.
    I reckon Jones is a Sneans man.

Theres a game on sunday?

Adelaide 6
    Jets 0
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

A-League 16/17 Round 1 Preview - Newcastle Jets v Adelaide United

FIXTURE FACTS
    Overall – 34 matches between the two teams.
    Jets Wins - 10, United Wins - 14, Drawn - 10

In Newcastle – 15 matches.
    Jets Wins - 7, United Wins - 5, Drawn - 3
    In Adelaide - 19 matches
    Jets Wins - 3, United Wins - 9, Drawn - 7

Average Home A-League Crowd – 10308
    Average Away A-League Crowd - 10057

Goals in Fixture
    Jets – 33, United - 44
    In Newcastle -
    Jets – 16, United - 13

1st Goals in Fixture
    Jets – 15, United - 14

Cards in Fixture
    Jets - 88 (86 yellow, 2 red), United 51 (48 yellow, 3 red)

Last Result -
    Jets 0 – United 1 (Carrusca 43') at Hindmarsh Stadium, A-League, Round 17, 31/01/2016.

Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 15/16 Round
    Newcastle Jets Adelaide United
    Mark Birighitti Eugene Galekovic
    Jason Hoffman Jordan Elsey
    Daniel Mullen Dylan McGowan
    Lachlan Jackson Iacopo La Rocca
    Nick Cowburn Tarek Elrich
    Mateo Poljak Isaias
    Cameron Watson Marcelo Carrusca
    Ryan Kitto George Mells
    Leonardo Vitor Santiago Pablo Sanchez
    Enver Alivodic Bruce Djite
    Milos Trifunovic Craig Goodwin

FIXTURE RECORDS

Biggest Win
    Jets 4 (Kemp 12’og, Carle 22’, Zelic 68’, Carle 89’) – Adelaide 2 (Valkanis 38, Corbo 67’og) at Hindmarsh Stadium, Round 8, Season 2005/06, 14/10/2005.

Heaviest Defeat
    Jets 0 – Adelaide 7 (Djite 2’, 54’, Carrusca 23’, 28’, Boogaard 35’, Cirio 70’, Isais 90+3’) at Hindmarsh Stadium, A-League Season 2014/15 Round 15, 24/01/2015.

Leading Scorers in fixture –

Jets - Joel Griffiths, Nick Carle, Mark Bridge, Matt Thompson (3)
    United - Marcelo Carrusca (5)

COACHING

Newcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
    • Scott Miller - 3 matches (0 wins, 2 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
    • Phil Stubbins - 3 matches (1 win, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 33% win ratio)
    • Gary Van Egmond - 17 matches (5 wins, 7 drawn and 5 losses = 29% win ratio)
    • Richard Money - 3 matches (1 win, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 33% win ratio)
    • Branko Culina - 6 matches (2 wins, 2 drawn, 2 losses = 33% win ratio)
    • Nick Theodorakopoulos - 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
    • Craig Deans - No Matches
    • Clayton Zane - 1 match (1 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses = 100% win ratio)

Adelaide United Coach Record – Guillermo Amor 33% win ratio (1 win, 2 drawn, 0 losses)

TALKING POINTS:
    Memorable Match - 11th April 2014
    • Marked the final match for former captain Michael Bridges. In the 2-0 win, Bridges provided an assist for the 90th minute goal from Adam Taggart. Bridges made 66 appearances in 5 seasons with the club.

General
    • Newcastle have never defeated Adelaide when they have faced off in Rd 1.
    • The Jets have won 3, drawn 4 and lost 4 of their first round matches.
    • There was only 1 goals scored between these teams in the 3 fixtures last year. The goal was scored by Marcello Carrusca.
    • There have been 6 red cards shown in the last 6 matches at Hunter Stadium.
    • The Jets have scored 10 goals in the last 6 matches at Hunter Stadium - being held scoreless only once during this time.

Players
    • Devante Clut, Wayne Brown, Andrew Nabbout, Kristian Brymora, Ivan Vujica and Aleksandr Kokko are in line to make their A-League debut for the club. The next player to appear will be player #139 for the Jets.
    • Only 6 players have scored on their A-League debut for the Newcastle Jets. Milos Trifunovic and Byun Sung-Hwan are the only two to have scored a debut goal in Round 1.
    • This will be the first season in the last 4 that Mark Birighitti has not started in Round 1.
    • Jack Duncan could become just the 8th keeper to start a match for the Jets.
    • Newcastle have lost only once to Adelaide in the last 5 visits of United to Newcastle.

Newcastle Jets
    • The Jets haven't scored a first half goal against Adelaide in the last 2 seasons.
    • The Jets conceded a penalty in their last 3 matches at the end of last season.
    • The Jets have scored the first goal in 3 of their last 4 A-League matches.
    • The Jets are 16528 attendees away from having their 1,500,000 person at a Jets match.
    • Newcastle have never recovered a point when they have gone behind to Adelaide.

Adelaide United
    • Adelaide have kept Newcastle scoreless for the last 459 minutes of play. The last goal scored by a Jets player against Adelaide was Jeronimo Neumann.
    • Guillermo Amor is undefeated against the Jets.

Injuries
    • Newcastle Jets Daniel Alessi - Knee (Season).
    • Adelaide United

PREDICTION:
    After what seemed like an uncharacteristically stable off season where a gradual build-up in friendly matches and an overseas tour, the Jets again delivered by terminating the contract of Scott Miller. After a 3 week search the Jets appointed former assistant Mark Jones in his first A-League coaching job - the third debut appointment in a row for the club.
    Despite losing 3-1 to the Victory on a wild wet and windy night in the FFA Cup, the Jets have had a generaly successful preseason - highlighted by the goalscoring form of Andrew Hoole and Andrew Nabbout. This might come too quick for Mateo Poljak (Hamstring) and Labinot Haliti (Knee) to return from injury.
    Reigning champions Adelaide have lost a number of players, primarily in the forward line but have otherwise managed to retain the spine of their title winning team.
    The Jets haven't had a great recent record against Adelaide. Will Mark Jones have had enough time to make his influence on the team prior to this match? How will Adelaide's new look forward line gel?
    I think the departure of Miller so close to the start of the season will see the Jets struggle as they adapt to his game plan while the champions will have too much class.
    LINE UP (Predicted) Duncan, Hoffman, Mullen, Boogaard, Cowburn, Ugarkovic, Brown, Nabbout, Nordstrand, Hoole, Kokko.
    Adelaide 1-0
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 04-10-2016 at 11:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Hi all,

First time poster.

Hope you guys don't mind but my son (12 years old) has started a youtube channel that he'll be posting game reviews and anything Jets related that he thinks of.

Zachs JetTalk

http://https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIfOvVjLrf_DLDgmApyiIhw

I hope I have the above link right. if not, just search for Zachs JetTalk

Please check it out and like and subscribe if you want

cheers

Hello Craig. Please tell Zach:

• that the optimal length of a social media video is 30 seconds;
    • to straighten the picture (of dolls?) on his wall;
    • to place himself in the centre of the filmed area (he's too low in the screen, and a bit to the right - it's distracting);
    • that I also find the hula hoop distracting (possibly because it's neon orange);
    • that I'd like to hear his views on which coach we should have (e.g. Miller? Papas? Gombau? GVE?)

Many thanks.

Jets 1-0. Hoole to continue his scoring run from pre-season.

We had a good record against the champions last year, and we have a decent record against them at home when they've generally always been stronger than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Hi all,

First time poster.

Hope you guys don't mind but my son (12 years old) has started a youtube channel that he'll be posting game reviews and anything Jets related that he thinks of.

Zachs JetTalk

http://https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIfOvVjLrf_DLDgmApyiIhw

I hope I have the above link right. if not, just search for Zachs JetTalk

Please check it out and like and subscribe if you want

cheers
    Welcome Craig. Good on Zach getting in and having a go! It's very brave of him.

He did well and hopefully he's dissecting a Jets win next week!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    I reckon Jones is a Sneans man.
    Got some serious $ down on trackpants and polo.
    OK

I vaguely recall us beating Adelaide last season, though I could be wrong. They're not the same team as last year so I think we should be good for a draw. 1-1 Morten with our goal

Quote Originally Posted by vitsi View Post
    I vaguely recall us beating Adelaide last season, though I could be wrong. They're not the same team as last year so I think we should be good for a draw. 1-1 Morten with our goal
    I think last season was 0-0, 0-0, and 0-1 to them.