Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Vido straight into starting line up for Ipswich with a goal on debut. Good for him.
    Kokko also has a goal with ADO Den Haag... and no wonder he signed.... they are paying him 44k a week!

Wish Nathan Burns was in FM17
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

first season of Beijing done

sold basically the whole squad and bought the best players aged 18-23 in the country. all about 2-3 stars current ability to 4.5-5 star potential ability and over 15 in work rate.

had to keep the foreigners as no one wanted them although otero (a Venezuelan) my winger was amazing and won the player of the year award.

played a Liverpool high press high tempo like formation with my number 10 Renato Augusto basically doing a berbatov and just roaming around dropping quality balls to the wingers and striker. the

managed to take them from 8th to 2nd and made the semis of the cup.

just completed the off season last night, finally let all my foreigners go bar otero and have signed Osaki from Leicester (asian designated player), luka modric on a free at 33 & a Brazilian striker playing in UAE for peanuts with 5 star current ability.

won my AFC qualifying game 5-0 against a Thai team.

The creators of this game are ridiculously smart the youth potential in china is amazing and pretty well matches the plan that china youth prospects are going to be some of the best in the world.

will aim to win the league and the champions league then leave at the end of my contract to head to Europe or South America.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Also picked up another gun youth striker from the npl. He's even better than the guy i had come through my set up and cost me under 2k.
    So, this bloke I picked up from Marconi Stallions for £1.8k is good. Possibly the best Australian player of his generation.

Like really good.

That Man Utd bid is worth £1m up front, £300k over 12 months, £650k after 10 games, £130k per game (10 games), £650k after 5 international appearances, £650k after 10 goals, 40% of next transfer and a friendly. Board accepted without me getting to intervene so he is off but ****ing hell, that's insane. Means I have to rely on the Jets youth player who isn't as good

Arsenal just offered similar but up to value of £5.25m. Jeebus.

He turned both of them down. What the actual ****.

Wow. That guy might hate money?

I've got a game going with the Jets. Second season absolute killing it. Roughly 10 points clear of everyone bar the mariners who are 1 behind. I've been looking at starting a new game because my finances are absolute shit. Do they get better? How much $$$ do you get for wining the league etc. I want money to build the clubs facilities but I'm not sure whether I will be able to unless I can make a profit once in ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post

I've got a game going with the Jets. Second season absolute killing it. Roughly 10 points clear of everyone bar the mariners who are 1 behind. I've been looking at starting a new game because my finances are absolute shit. Do they get better? How much $$$ do you get for wining the league etc. I want money to build the clubs facilities but I'm not sure whether I will be able to unless I can make a profit once in ACL.
    It's bizarre. That would have set me up for 3-4 seasons of money loss. Liverpool have put a bid in now and PSG are interested. Might still get the cash.

Finances are still shit, especially when against all logic, the board agree to your request to buy the stadium
    I am only half a mill in the red but that's with £3.2m of transfer income this season.

You get an okay boost in kit revenue after a season or two but it's not substantial. Going up to QF in ACL still isn't huge cash so I am hoping a SF in the CWC will be the windfall I need to get back in the black.

Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post

Im in season three they get worse and youll never be able to give anyone decent good wages
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

He moved to Liverpool, £4.4m if he meets all his targets. £11k per week, definitely couldn't compete with that
    Last edited by Grimario; 05-06-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Just taken over by a Perth based consortium, £3.5m pumped into the coffers with £6.6m now in the bank. Gypo has been sacked, new board of directors put in and transfer kitty of £2.2m available.

Just taken over by a Perth based consortium, £3.5m pumped into the coffers with £6.6m now in the bank. Gypo has been sacked, new board of directors put in and transfer kitty of £2.2m available.
    Very Nice, Mr Lee sold the club?

love at first sight

Yep.

Start of 19/20 season. Just beat Sydney University 13-0 in FFA Cup game.

Solid Australian spine to the team...

GK - Holmes
    DR - Iranian regen
    DC - Chapman and Jackson
    DL - Iraqi regen
    MC - Chinese and Brazilian regens
    AMR - Oikonomidis
    AMC - Rogic
    AML - Armenakas
    ST - Australian regen

Bench is good too...

Cowburn, Petermann, Antonis, Gonzalez, Good with regen GK and ST

Have another Iranian regen coming in too, first 5 star prospect my scouts have ever found that was affordable for me. Hoping to offload Antonis and Petermann/Chinese MC before window closes.

Start of 19/20 season. Just beat Sydney University 13-0 in FFA Cup game.

Solid Australian spine to the team...

GK - Holmes
    DR - Iranian regen
    DC - Chapman and Jackson
    DL - Iraqi regen
    MC - Chinese and Brazilian regens
    AMR - Oikonomidis
    AMC - Rogic
    AML - Armenakas
    ST - Australian regen

Bench is good too...

Cowburn, Petermann, Antonis, Gonzalez, Good with regen GK and ST

Have another Iranian regen coming in too, first 5 star prospect my scouts have ever found that was affordable for me. Hoping to offload Antonis and Petermann/Chinese MC before window closes.
    How is Cowburn and Jackson stats wise and where do you play Cowby?

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    How is Cowburn and Jackson stats wise and where do you play Cowby?
    Jackson is a Socceroo and only his love of me and the Jerks saw him stay in Newcastle. Turned down a move to sc Herenveen for a £1200 a week pay rise. Cowburn is about on par with Risdon, 3rd best Australian RB. He is my versatile bench guy, covering all D and MC spots.

Halfway through season update for Stanny since no one else gives a shit... (and he probably doesn't either)

Starting 11 same as previous update but that Iranian regen that came in is amazeballs so the Brazilian guy fell to the bench and Petermann hasn't featured at all.

That was true until my Asian U23 players (both FB's and both MC's) buggered off for 6 weeks to Asian U23 cup. Cowburn has seamlessly walked back into starting DR, have promoted a youth DL into the starting line up (Christian Gonzalez went to Asia for £40k) and Brazilian regen has paired with Petermann in midfield. And now, in consecutive games, I've lost regen striker (30 goals, 10 assists in 27 starts) and Armenakas (4 goals, 11 assists in 22 starts) to 4 month injuries. I lost Rogic for two weeks as well which meant a regen right winger (Oikonomidis moved middle) got a few games but I have Rene Piscopo on loan for the left side and a different regen striker up front. Even as a bench player, he's still managed 8 goals in 13 appearances such is my domination of the league.

Jackson has just left for Feyenoord (£1.2m rising to £1.8m with clauses) so that means Curtis Good will partner Connor Chapman at the back. Hu Lei (Chinese regen) turned down a £1.4m move to Al Nassir

200th game in charge about to come up. Won the league a few times, won the ACL once and won CWC after wins against Auckland City, Dortmund (fkn lol) and Casablanca in the final. Am undefeated this season with only a draw away to Sydney FC dropping points.

Jets fans are awesome/wankers.

I do think it's time to move on though. I've exploited the "buy young, sell for profit" idea that makes the A-League a profitable starting point and have snapped up enough Australian youth regen's to make the club successful for a decade.... but being able to beat Dortmund (admittedly well under strength) and have 6 or 7 Socceroos on the books is a bit much. Time to get a job in non-league England if I can and turn a freshly promoted Conference North/South team into Europe in a decade.
    Last edited by Grimario; 13-07-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Halfway through season update for Stanny since no one else gives a shit... (and he probably doesn't either)

Starting 11 same as previous update but that Iranian regen that came in is amazeballs so the Brazilian guy fell to the bench and Petermann hasn't featured at all.

That was true until my Asian U23 players (both FB's and both MC's) buggered off for 6 weeks to Asian U23 cup. Cowburn has seamlessly walked back into starting DR, have promoted a youth DL into the starting line up (Christian Gonzalez went to Asia for £40k) and Brazilian regen has paired with Petermann in midfield. And now, in consecutive games, I've lost regen striker (30 goals, 10 assists in 27 starts) and Armenakas (4 goals, 11 assists in 22 starts) to 4 month injuries. I lost Rogic for two weeks as well which meant a regen right winger (Oikonomidis moved middle) got a few games but I have Rene Piscopo on loan for the left side and a different regen striker up front. Even as a bench player, he's still managed 8 goals in 13 appearances such is my domination of the league.

Jackson has just left for Feyenoord (£1.2m rising to £1.8m with clauses) so that means Curtis Good will partner Connor Chapman at the back. Hu Lei (Chinese regen) turned down a £1.4m move to Al Nassir

200th game in charge about to come up. Won the league a few times, won the ACL once and won CWC after wins against Auckland City, Dortmund (fkn lol) and Casablanca in the final. Am undefeated this season with only a draw away to Sydney FC dropping points.

Jets fans are awesome/wankers.

I do think it's time to move on though. I've exploited the "buy young, sell for profit" idea that makes the A-League a profitable starting point and have snapped up enough Australian youth regen's to make the club successful for a decade.... but being able to beat Dortmund (admittedly well under strength) and have 6 or 7 Socceroos on the books is a bit much. Time to get a job in non-league England if I can and turn a freshly promoted Conference North/South team into Europe in a decade.
    Very awesome grim and good luck in England. I cant wait for fm18 to try out an Jets and Everton career mode

love at first sight

I actually read this.

And why Everton, Stanny?
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 13-07-2017 at 02:19 PM.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Very awesome grim and good luck in England. I cant wait for fm18 to try out an Jets and Everton career mode
    Will wait till end of season, I think. Contract is up come end of May and the club refused a £100 a week raise after I won CWC, so haven't extended and they are bricking it.

Hu Lei just left, again for Feyenoord, for £2.2m. Have realised I have become their feeder team... Jackson, Pedro Delgado (former Inter youth I got on a free) and now Chinese regen all gone there. Jackson obviously already on the books and the other two I got on a free so that's a very tidy £5m or so from their sales.

I suspect it will be much more difficult in England. Can't offer Asian Champions League when starting fresh in the Conference South.

Clut is off as well. In first season he was a regular, 28 games and 4 goals with 7.09 rating. Antonis arrived and he was only ever a bench player, 6 starts and 11 subs but still chipped in with 4 goals and a 7.02 rating. He spent the entirety of the last year on loan in K-League though, 30 starts for Jeonnam and looks to be headed back there with FC Seoul coming in with an end of contract offer for him. I've put him up for a zero free sale so hopefully someone comes and gets him so I can save on 6 months of wages.